I never got why people buy all in one computers

I never got why people buy all in one computers.

They have neither the portability of laptops and neither the modularity of desktop towers

Are there ANY advantages that all in ones that I may have missed?

its like whole computer but its all within the monitor

no tower

good for old folks who don't want to deal with all that shit

if you're under 40 years old you have no excuse

It's simple.
They look "Better" in a place where you have no space.
They normally make less noise.
They consume less power.

etc..

But can't you get all of those things with a laptop?

touchscreen

>modularity
most people couldn't replace a motherboard to reuse the same case/PSU. It's hopeless

bigger screen usually, separate keyboard and mouse, still looks better than a laptop

i set up a desktop at my parents' house and they seemed entirely uninterested in laptops but liked the imacs

ergonomics are usually better since it looks weird to sit your laptop on a stand

I suppose you could just use external monitors, but im sure even then my parents wouldn't want to do deal with occasionally opening up the laptop lid or having the plugs come loose or some shit

i use an external monitor setup with my laptop but soon I'll do a real desktop setup ($500-600 probably)

find me a 27" laptop and I just might

It's normie cash-grab machine.
Your old 56 year auntie wants a new computer and sees that 26" one that doesn't use much space and she runs for it, the lappy screen is too small for her and she doesn't know how to plug a cable on her TV.

I have a dell 2350, and my next computer will be another all-in-one.

Because it's beautiful.

iMacs are badass unless you are a gamerfag.

All in ones work great for those that don't need massive game graphics cards and cooling.

Most people don't component upgrade these days when com0uters last 4-5 years at a minimum and are cheap to replace.

>bitches about all in one computers
>doesn't post an all in one computer

Everything I do that's remotely power intensive can be done remotely. So given the two choices
>AIO + server
>desktop + monitor + server
Why would I go for the latter? It's just more space consumption for something I don't need.

Why did these Vizio computers fail?

>Are there ANY advantages that all in ones that I may have missed?
they appeal to people who want them?

>Are there ANY advantages that all in ones that I may have missed?

price. usually cheaper to buy an all-in-one than a laptop plus external display and input devices.

Only needs 1 cable, and that's for power.

It's a step in the right direction for streamlining home computing.

They're neat and tidy and don't mess with a room's atmosphere. You probably are more of a functional sort of person and wouldn't understand or care.

/thread

I stopped doing towers years ago when I quit gaming. I have a surface, a nuc, and a mac mini.

I don't think I'd do an all in one though, I have dedicated screens and speakers that I enjoy replacing separately from the computers themselves. I spend most of my computer time on my surface, using it on the go for presentations and stuff, and docking it on my desk at home. I use the mac for music stuff and the nuc mostly to compile stuff and host files.

They're pretty

>tfw too poor for an iMac
the only one I could reasonably afford would be from the PPC days

Biggest screen and you can use whatever mouse and keyboard you want, they are also cheaper than laptops.

It's not for power users or gamers (unless you get those ridiculous ones by MSI that have basically a tower tapped to the back of the screen) But for office work and low-end usage they're better than a desktop, and better than a laptop if you don't need to move it around.

If you have an office building you are better off getting a bunch of these than you are getting anything else. And if I did any office work I'd probably have one myself too.

Costs less than a laptop

They look great

>Less cables
>No junk under the table
>Usually energy efficient
>Pretty
>Larger display than laptops
>Better peripherals than laptops
>Potentially more performance than laptops

To be fair, the only all-in-one worth mentioning is the iMac. Never seen any other in actual use desu. Always wondered why that branch never took off in the PC market.

they think building a PC is difficult

>Posting ugly gamer shit

They're still around and companies are still making them so they probably aren't exactly a failure.

Did NUCs kill them yet?

The only reason why I ever justify them is in an enterprise situation.

Seriously I used to be a real hater of AIOs but they're just so much nicer than tower/monitor in schools/enterprise.

Outside that and at the home?

fuck that

The display looks pretty tasteful for gaymen tbqh. The mouse and keyboard is full tism though

You don't understand AIO computers then.
The HP Z1 Workstation is an AIO with server design elements.
It opens up like a car hood.
Every component that ought to be removable is removable toollessly, from the RAM, to the drives, to the video card.

I would argue that the HP Z1 Workstation is the ultimate in desktop design--because you get rackmount server design in a AIO package.

>They look great
Not that one.

NUCs are pretty pointless with the HDMI sticks out.

If you need more power than the stick, you might as well step straight up to a mITX build. If you don't (they play 4K through VLC and 720p Civ4 fine), they're cheaper smaller and easier.