pcpartpicker.com/list/Km2L9W

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Hitachi Deskstar NAS 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM 64-bit

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm Fans X2

Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27.0" 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse

Headphones: Razer KRAKEN 7.1 CHROMA 7.1 Channel Headset

External Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB External Hard Drive

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=63BxrNuXnYg
pcworld.com/article/3039552/hardware/tested-how-many-cpu-cores-you-really-need-for-directx-12-gaming.html
trustedreviews.com/intel-skylake-review-core-i7-6700k-and-core-i5-6600k-review-gaming-benchmarks-performance-page-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think you could run minecraft

Idk man. Maybe

barely

OP pls don't get yourself that meme station

shit taste in peripherals but the internals are A ok

actually samefag here 32GB of ram is a fucking meme and if you purchase it you'd better have the suicide hotline on the phone

bit overkill on the memory there if all you're going to be doing is gaming. you also don't need an 860w 80+ platinum monster of a PSU for a skylake + single Pascal GPU build, you could squeeze by with no issues on a high quality 550w unit unless you're sure you're going to SLI in the future which I wouldn't recommend anyways

grab a 240mm AIO for the CPU or an NH-D14 instead and overclock that 6700k as much as you can because arma 3 is CPU hungry more than anything else

an SSD is glaringly missing, ditch the external storage or something and grab an SSD at the very least for the OS but it doesn't hurt to get a bigger one for games and such

don't get a FE 1070, grab a non-reference EVGA card since all the Pascal cards perform very similarly and customer service/aesthetics is probably the most important factor which is what EVGA excels at

that case is hideous, please don't buy a gaming headset and consider opting for something like the SHP9500s + VMODA BoomPro if you care about your ears at all. that's a membrane keyboard and I'm sure the mouse is also awful, consider grabbing something cheap with MX browns and a g502 but if your main objective is driving the price down then it's whatever.

everything else is fine but I'd still opt for win10 over win8.1

>that case is hideous
piss off, you autist weirdo with shit tastes.
that case looks cool as fuck.

Overkill. Fucking Overkill the 1070 is gonna die of boredom

>TOMAHAWK
>RIPJAWS
>TESSERACT
>DEVASTATOR
>KRAKEN CHROMA
LMAO

No. The absolute minimum to run arma 3 on anything is quad sli with 1080

I still play Arma 3 with a 670.... At 1440p.

>CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
ok
>CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
ok
>Motherboard: MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
ok
>Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
ok
>Storage: Hitachi Deskstar NAS 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
ok, but you definitely need an SSD in this build
>Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card
ok
>Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case
ok
>Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
ok
>Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM 64-bit
ok
>Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm Fans X2
ok
>Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
ok
>Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse
ok
>Headphones: Razer KRAKEN 7.1 CHROMA 7.1 Channel Headset
Please no, get studio headphones.
>External Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB External Hard Drive
ok

Only if you delete system 32 or install Gentoo

do you shoot at the big square pixel. That must run like a pile of absolute shit.

actually it wont, I play it with a 1080 and the game makes it do some serious work

>do you shoot at the big square pixel. That must run like a pile of absolute shit.

30fps at high. Drops to 20fps when in helicopters flying over the ocean. But in towns and actual combat it's perfectly fine. It's CPU performance were Arma sucks. I have a 4790k clocked to 4.8GHz though, so that helps.

>i7 for gaming
>32GB ram
>6tb harddrive
>800W psu
>REPUBLIC OF GAMERS
>Razer headset
>Seagate external

well memed son

Yep you have the best cpu for arma3. 4790k is the best single cored cpu available & arma is like you say more cpu heavy.
I take back my shitty comment about the gpu.

>Razer headphones
Pls no. Check out Z review's headphones for games guide on YouTube.

4GHz as standard, turbos on a single core to 4.4GHz (like ALL Intel turbo functionality). But I have overclocked it so that it turbos across all 4 cores to 4.8. I keep power saving stuff enabled by default, so that it ramps right down when not stressed. That usually makes it harder than if you were just overclocking it to keep it at a given clock speed 24/7. But nobody needs 4.8GHz 24/7.

I'll eventually upgrade the GPU, but probably not until the next Arma game becomes available.

Aside from Arma, the only other games I'm playing are Valve source (mostly L4D, L4D2 and TF2). And the 670 still deals with those like they're nothing. Arma is the only one were it's at the limit of what it can do. And the 4790k is an absolute work horse. The Q6600 of it's generation. So I won't be upgrading that for a while.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=63BxrNuXnYg

i7 performs better in games than i5. You can't poorfag your way out of this in 2016 pal.

Only marginally. Hyperthreading is the only real benefit and games would need to take advantage of that. You're pretty off with the highest possible clock speed for your budget, or an unlocked CPU you can clock yourself.

pcworld.com/article/3039552/hardware/tested-how-many-cpu-cores-you-really-need-for-directx-12-gaming.html

trustedreviews.com/intel-skylake-review-core-i7-6700k-and-core-i5-6600k-review-gaming-benchmarks-performance-page-4

spend the extra hundred if you want, the OP is already set to piss a thousand or so dollars away, but there is no difference now, and will likely be

I play on a 6700k and a 970 maxed

>Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case
my roommate has that fucking case. it looks ok from the front, but it's like 70% plastic (metal chassis, but plastic everywhere else), so it feels so cheap

get a Corsair 100r. it'll be like $20 more but be better in every way

I get 60 fps in arma 3 with a 6700k and r9 390