C > Go > Rust > D > Assembly > JavaScript > Perl > Python > Ruby > C++ > Bash > PHP > Java > C# > .NET

C > Go > Rust > D > Assembly > JavaScript > Perl > Python > Ruby > C++ > Bash > PHP > Java > C# > .NET

I'm pretty sure no one here would disagree.

Other urls found in this thread:

play.golang.org/p/sI0h9sUZw-
gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html
golang.org/LICENSE
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would put bash a little higher than that.
Javascript is too high.
"Assembly" isn't a language.
.NET isn't a language.

Otherwise it's pretty on point.

>25 keywords

A retarded language for retards.

>C# > .NET
.NET is not a language, but a combination of a runtime environment (the Common Language Runtime) and a class library (the Framework Class Library). It is consequently the runtime environment targeted by C# and the standard library available to C#.

>Go > Rust
Go is like a jam and cheese sandwich. Its individual elements may be okay, but together, they are terrible. You would not mix jam or jelly with cheese, and you would not put a garbage collector inside of a systems language. Go is garbage.

>C > C# > Java > Go > Rust > C++ > JavaScript == Python > D > PHP > Perl > Ruby > Bash

Assembly gets removed firstly because it's a necessary evil when used and secondly there's everything from ARM (which is so easy it's fun) to x86 (omg pls no).

PHP gets bumped up because there's little else you can drop into a html file and inject logic after a user requests a page and before it actually returns. This seems whatever if you're an insufferable noob, but it's the easiest way to have Google appropriately indexing your page if you have a lot of data coming from a backend.

Also
>.NET
>a language
OP, do you even code? C# is an amazing with good features and like java, the only thing wrong with it is that there's so many people using it that inevitably you're going to find a lot of ugly code.

But that's just as true for C which you placed first. Regardless, it and C both have epic range of libraries, none of which have crippled speed, putting these languages in the top 3: consider them for your next project.

And all those scripting languages thrown in? Says something about you.

Have you ever used D? Have you found a single useful library for it? Besides hello world, what do you do with it? It's like you found a random language with decent syntax and decided like a noob it was good. Do you see Vala in my list? No? Then shut the fuck up because Vala is faster, prettier and can use more libraries than D.

Actually, JavaScript gets extra points and allowance for its horrid typing because you can basically use it everywhere these days, it's the reverse of D which you can't really use... Anywhere, despite D not being a bad language.

I sometimes wish C++ had less keywords. The whole idea of separate class definition and class method definitions shits me, especially when you're playing around with static and extern which mean different things in context. Eugh.

>especially when you're playing around with static and extern

Overloading keywords is definitely a bad idea, but C++ is such a terrible language that you almost don't notice.

least to most used?

> being googles bitch
> trusting Google not to abandon it like they have done to dart, polymer, angular, etc.
Dumb fucking cunt, go back to installing VBulletin plugins.

>tfw perl stack at work

just kill me

I'm a profesional programmer. I've written over 1mil lines of C, C++, Java, C#, JavaScript, Go, and Rust.

Go is the best.

> Perl over python, ruby and C++
> Assembly, .NET
You might as well take a Bacheler of Arts user, computers aren't for you.

>Go is the best.

If you want to write a lot of shitty code, yes.

This.

PLUTOCRAT GOD TIER TECH AND LANG

Common Lisp> Guile > javascript > C > Bash > gawk > emacs > PCRE > perl > elisp > Gnu Make> Octave > R > assembly > PL/pgSQL >
GNU >
GUIX > Debian > Python > Ruby > objC > Haskell>
nginx > Hunchentoot > Node.js > ABCL > KAWA > clojure >
> Gnu Screen >
StumpWM>
> > > Jetty
>>> Java

LITTLE PEOPLE LANGUAGES, TECHNOLOGIES AND FRAMEWORKS

C++, C#, PHP, Scala, Go, RoR, Angular, VB, VB .NET, * .NET, TCL, Lua, KSH, ZSH, SPRING, BSD, CLANG, Swift, Rust, Dart, Clojurescript, Typescript, CoffeScript, Apache, Eclipse, Brew, DevOps, Chef, Puppet, Glassfish, IIS, JBoss, WildFly, Apache*, OSGi, and Windows.

You obviously do not program.

How's your latest hello world project coming along? Don't mind me, I'm just working on a server side rendering platform so you can build entire sites with 6 lines of C# and however much JSX you can handle.

You realise Go is Google's Java? The only reason you like it is because the only code you've seen of it is either example code or your own code.

Of course shit developers think obscure languages are good.

>garbage collector inside of a systems language
I agree that it's an unusual choice, but its apparently not unreasonable, just look at the Docker meme. You're not going to be writing an OS in Go, but you're not going to write a high-level distributed system in Rust either.

That's where I think the disconnect is, really. I think Go is a systems language in Google's vocabulary, rather than the traditional sense.

>Racket not even mentioned
>JavaScript in god tier
Off yourself, poser.

>C# JSX
> server side rendering
Good luck with that and your OS/2 Windows pile of shit.
>6 lines of code
That must be an awesome site, ..... bro.
> Name three useless and tired technologies
> Survey said
GO - Google - Java in one sentence like any of that is good or necessary,

> implying .NET, C#, and various Faggotron Tech has any value and is not obscure
> implying if your 13 year old ass has not seen it between vidya and fapping it must be obscure

Racket is not a production tool Guile is.
> Javascript is just Scheme with a bad syntax
Javascript controls the browser.
Sweet.js gives it macros.
> control the browser = cash money

My favorite language to program in is Ada. What it costs in work to write saves months of pain in debugging in maintenance. It is clear to understand because everything is made explicit.

>Let me FTFY
ADA was created for the Gov't (DoD) to stop rent seeking from contractors which had created over 450 programming languages.

SQL is better and type safety and all that "ADAness" still blows up rockets.

play.golang.org/p/sI0h9sUZw-

Go is open source

> Open Source
Barely and stop using "Open Source"
> GPL is Free
Go sucks from its package system, build tool, to its concurrency model to the faggot companies that use it.

This is all out of context.
Your point is null :^)

>Barely
it's BSD

>stop using "Open Source"
??

>Go sucks from its package system, build tool
patches are welcome

>its concurrency model to the faggot companies that use it.
oh, right, the opinion of a retard. not sure why I bothered replying.

whereas func main()

I vomited a little

BSD does not keep the code free.
It is a sucker bet.

Open Source is the words used by cowards.
Open Source makes no sense.

Go is not a patch problem it is an architecture and toolchain and an engineering flaw - Not Invented Here.

>Implying you are not a retard
Actor model FTW!

> you just need to read more and program computers

>Perl ahead of C++
>JAVASCRIPT ahead of C++
>FUCKING RUBY AHEAD OF C++

C++ even on a list

if it's BSD, then you, or anyone, can use it and fork it.
the license of the language and the libs doesn't imply the software can't be Free software, are you retarded?

I'm all for free software, but I don't see how this affects the products of the Go devs or their users at all

>if it's BSD, then you, or anyone, can use it and fork it.
Stop being illiterate:
gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html

/thread

So is C#, Java, C, C++..

Oh that's every language with at least something open source? So what does it mean that Go is open source?

Nothing against Go, I especially like how it handles networking, I just think Sup Forums is over rating it.

Lots of people don't like C++. It's a massive language.

Reminder that C# is leading with cross platform and is only slightly slower than Java. Something written in C# can appear on android, osx, Linux, whatever.

If your thing is "I don't want to force you into an operating system and/or I want to release this for the widest audience as possible" you probably appreciate C# and probably more willing to talk about mono than .NET.

You can fork GPL, you just can't sell it without asking for a sublicense from the original author. I see no reason why I, as a NEET who's been applying for jobs for years, should work for you for free and have my code being monetized for you without me receiving any reward or encouragement at all. This is what BSD promotes. GPL scares software lawyers, that's a good thing in itself.

The ideal is if you actually even thought about using my library, then you should offer me a job or at least donate maybe 5$. That's how GPL should benefit NEETs.

BSD is only a good idea if you're Google and don't give a fuck, you just want as many people using your meme language as possible. For everyone else, don't release code without GPL.

C++ > Python > C > D > Bash > C# > Javascript > Ruby > Java > Perl

dont mind me, ill just be getting shit done efficiently

>ADA
Wew

>Go is googles java

Except is doesn't run in a vm you retard

>cross platform
> implying that even exists or matters
Like anything past the browser even matters
Like server side would be anything but GNU + Linux on Intel

> the widest audience as possible
IS THE WEB AND MOBILE

>You can fork GPL, you just can't sell it without asking for a sublicense from the original author.
You make little sense with this post
and
You obviously do not program.
> or read.

Rust > ALL

>C++
>Efficient

NOPE. you might be thinking of D.

> FTFY
C > Bash > Javascript > Perl

m8, are you slow or something? the golang compiler, and its libs, aren't software that end users will use or should care about in the first place. only devs care about golang, and for most devs, having a BSD-licensed compiler shouldn't be a problem, at all.

>gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html
did YOU read this article you just linked?

>Non-copyleft licenses do not insist on this. We recommend copyleft, because it protects freedom for all users, but non-copylefted software can still be free software, and useful to the free software community.
>There are many variants of simple non-copyleft free software licenses, such as the Expat license, FreeBSD license, X10 license, the X11 license, and the two BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution) licenses. Most of them are equivalent except for details of wording, but the license used for BSD until 1999 had a special problem: the “obnoxious BSD advertising clause”. It said that every advertisement mentioning the software must include a particular sentence:
[...]
this is the BSD license of Go: golang.org/LICENSE . there is no such clause here...

>python
But running slowly.

More or less, it doesn't have intermediate code, but it still runs kind of like a JIT and still garbage collects and still has a VM feel.

GPL is scary to lawyers, how much more tldr do you need?

>cross platform
>matters
It does when there are so many Apple and Windows servers out there, or if you want to target mobile and desktop without too much fragmentation of code.

So do you even code?

I'd push C++ up your list or maybe C++11

You're still pretty down to the metal with no framework bloat like in Rust\Go.

Java is best programmkng language

Besides GPL being scary, it's a big fuckup for some projects and people don't want the headache.

It's also the extreme oposite of a free as in freedom licence...

>YOU HAVE THE FREEDOMS SO LONG AS YOU PLAY BY MY RULES *eats toeshit*

First only faggots and sailors use BSD license!
First and a half nobody uses BSD.

Second Go plainly sucks.
It sucks no matter what license but
Google still has to use the cockblock BSD

BSD is shit because it can create closed source and has - think Microsoft...

We do not need anymore close source shit
We do not need any more code making US better PRODUCT not better product for us

We do not need anymore languages using shitty tools and shitty concurrency

We most certainly do no need another Google Langauge or framework

""""""""""""FREEDOM""""""""""""

You don't need pussy either, I suppose

mate, you are cringe-worthy
>dislikes go because muh freedom
>yet doesn't even know/read what stallman writes
>pics about "poverty being a state of mind" and mee philosophers that you probably haven't even read (judging by the previous facts I stated)

I'm sure you are a retard IRL, or you have mental problems, or something. you don't even recognize your own dumb contradictions

>mee
*meme

I read posts liek this and wonder...

Only asshats, fools, and suckers use Apple Servers - holy fucking shit you would have to be a complete fucking moron to use an Apple server.
IN FACT APPLE STOPPED EVEN MAKING THESE THINGS OVER 12 YEARS AGO!!
>Apple Server software is a work group administrator - it does passwords and printers and shit.

Windows servers - holy fuck no!
Waste of Money.
There is literally nothing you can do with Windows that can not be done with GNU except needlessly and foolishly waste money.

GPL is not scary, you do not know wtf you post about.
> Proof GPL is NOT scary - JAVA
> JAVA the Cobol of the 21st century
> JAVA the darling of ENTERPRISE

>So do you even code?
STFU you never been nothing

From my perspective all GPL means is dropping the license file in my project and starting my files with a few lines of code. It's 20 seconds out of my day.

The fact that it's a headache for you is glorious, it means you can't monetise my code without me and you know it. The only way to make a profit with my code and my work is to contact me and offer me a few hundred for a sublicense, but you won't because you and the other suits don't want to deal with white male NEETs. You don't want to hire them, you don't want to work with them and every reminder that the best programmers are white male NEETs just sets you off.

I'm sorry, but you're a faggot cunt. The answer is so shockingly simple, shoot me an email, offer me money or a job, suddenly there is no license at all on my code. It becomes yours. I buy a car and start using tinder, you get to make money from my hard work. Wow, it's almost like a fair transaction in some sort of free market.

Guys, don't not GPL. Ever. No other license will serve YOU. Don't lgpl, don't agpl, just gpl.

Do you have a point? Make it and leave.

>I'm sure you are a retard IRL, or you have mental problems, or something. you don't even recognize your own dumb contradictions

Even if that is all true GO still sucks.

> learn to not fallacy

My point is you are incorrect.

GPL software is free as in freedom

I do not have to do anything to sell it.

> you are drinking or brain damaged
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html

You can sell GPLed code like you can sell your virginity.
Do you know someone that has successfully sold a GPLed program?

Please don't buzzword catchphrase me, it feels like I'm talking to an SJW talking about their nonexistent chains that haven't existed on anyone for 200 years.

GPL scares lawyers and this is awesome, they'll outright tell developer teams not to use GPL code or contact them for a sublicense. This is good for the creator. It means either they're getting a cut or no one is, but the creator still gets exposure. Considering programming is hard work to do right, any other arrangement is unfair no matter how you look at it.

Are you unemployed? I don't actually give a fuck, but if you were and your only income came from begging friends and family for five dollar notes, I doubt you'd find my sentiment as "incorrect."

Do not pretend you understand the suffering of the NEET.

REDHAT
IBM
ORACLE
JBoss
Google
and more...
>You massive illiterate faggot

>pic related

nope

stfu

and CISCO too

>Do you know someone that has successfully sold a GPLed program?

you made a wild incorrect statement before, in case you didn't notice

> You are not clever.
> You are incorrect or posting in a way that is not intelligible to you thoughts.
> This impedance mismatch between what you post and what you think you are posting is ignorance - this could be temporary due to inebriation or by injury and medical emergency.
You are drunk or having a stroke.

Please stop posting and/or seek medical attention.

>Why?
>Because you are wrong.
> Learn to google, massive faggot.

Same cunt, upset I called him a communist.

Selling anything without decent marketing or a project that's so amazing people talk about it is more difficult than the uninformed, ignoramus believes.

Same with starting a business, no, not everyone can do it, almost everyone will need at least one other person to fill in gaps of expertise. Don't know anyone? You can't start a business.

Selling services around GPL software is different than selling GPL software.

> learning how to program

what the fuck is the point? just hire some pathetic runts to code for you if you have a brilliant business idea

You make no sense.
Go sucks, really, I know this, people, who program computers, share this opinion.
Nobody who is decent at the craft of software appreciates, uses or likes Go.
> For real, no joke, seriously - not kidding.
There are correct answers - this is like math.

You do not understand the GPL, Law, or software.
>starting a business...not everyone can do it, almost everyone will need at least one other person to fill in gaps of expertise...
These things you definitely know nothing about,
You don't even use the unlimited knowledge available from the internet to learn about, apparently, anything.
You are a loser.
> stop drunk posting.

>believes in """"""FREEDOM""""""
>calls other people losers

How do I know that you are a smelly neckbeard?

You are incorrect.
You are unaware of modern architecture.
You do not understand.
>also
Apple too!

You don't but I know you are a loser.

make an example so that even a retard like myself could understand

>Javascript is superior to Python
>No mention of Haskell
>.NET is a programming language

Wew lad

Sorry, what is it you don't like about Go? It fills a pretty important market need IMO, better people use Go than ruby (slowasshit vulnerable unlexable) perl (90s called) python (virtualenv 2vs3) or javascript (left-pad). Go's interface model and package model is aggressive but leads to C++-level performance with PHP-level compile-times. The fact that it can be used in a "systems" (terminology undefined, basically means static linking) programming context is just gravy.

>You don't but I know you are a loser.

I've never seen a freedomfag with a healthy testosterone level.

you guys are posting in a troll thread

>Sorry, what is it you don't like about Go?
did't you notice that the faggot you are replying to doesn't know shit about programming, licenses, or anything related to technology, at all? he's just spouting buzzwords

google any of those companies, like google and your android phone or Apple and OSX or Oracle and Java or Cisco and Linksys or IBM and websphere or RED HAT and RHEL or TIVO or shit like WORDPRESS and the plugins or ORACLE MySQL or the countless appliances that use Linux as a kernel...

You are not fucking clever.
Software is sold with GPL all the time.
You are being obtuse.

I wouldn't say PHP or Java is quite THAT low.

And JavaScript DEFINITELY isn't that HIGH...
C++ is also WAY too low. I'd put it right next to C, unless you over-OOP everything... THEN, it's about right...
C++ in the style of C is the objectively best language & technique, in other words "Writing C code, but throwing in a C++ feature as needed" (and compiling AS C++)

But, I also only know, of those:
C/++, JS, Bash, PHP, and Java
I never picked up C#, because it's a useless Microsoft ripoff of Java, which is already pretty bad (though I wouldn't say AS bad as YOU marked it)
In addition, for Assembly, I've only done some simple MIPS x64 for a class, so I don't have a right to really rank that.
I also know VB/A, and they BOTH suck metric fucking ass. So, if THAT'S what you meant by ".NET", you're damn right. (I also assume ASP.NET is included, but I never bothered to learn that... for obvious reasons)
I don't actually know how to write Python, but I've seen some code in it, and it looked pretty shit. Have since lost any REAL interest in learning it, though I still might at some point for shits and giggles. Although, I have heard it's apparently useful for automation...
Might pick up Perl and Ruby at some point.
I don't know anything about Go, Rust, or D, except I heard Rust has been used in OS development, but IDK why anyone would bother with that, since C/++ can be used.

Also, Bash is a shell scripting language, and it's... ok. Only *NIX OS I have available on any of my machines is FreeBSD. I'd like to make it my primary with a new computer, but either way, I don't actually USE Bash; I use Sh/Bsh

forth > c

Why is there so much emphasis on choice of OS and programming language on this board? You treat this shit like consumer products.

> I agree
Yeah I am done with this middle management speak.

Fuck all you trolls.
Fuck you all.

>You treat this shit like consumer products.
>choice of OS and programming language
Because... we're all fucking spergs, why else?

I could ask the same about YOUR hobbies. I bet you'd go all off about whatever the hell you like. Maybe sports, maybe fine cuisine, maybe anime (I also into this, though), idk.
And would YOU not treat it as a consumer product in the way you discuss it?

No, I don't treat things like a console war kiddie.

You are buying support for a platform or a hardware device, not the software.

What's you top 3 hobbies, then?

Oh, hmmm, I totally forgot to mention MySQL and Oracle SQL.
Add those to this:

>D > Assembly > JavaScript > Perl
cut it and paste it after .NET in reverse order, and I could agree

Yeah, I agree

>stop trolling
Legally and Technically you do not buy Windows either, you can't buy software in a "fee simple" manner and GPL is the closest to "fee simple" in that is it yours to do as you wish.
"Closed Source" is never sold in fact you lease or with proprietary software you get nothing for your money, you can just run it if you agree to the EULA.

But yes you are paying for software and for real when it is GPL.

What's with all the Go shilling lately? Has the word reached India?

Google shills only you can't earn a living with GO as an Indian yet.

It's a good language. Better than C++ or Java, that's for damn sure.

NO, it is not a good language.
>Better than C++ or Java, that's for damn sure.
You realize you just said nothing, right?

Go is an insult to all modern day programming languages.

int main()
{
printf("Clearly") ;
}

One day when you actually learn to program you'll realize how dumb you sound.

dafuq?
#include

>this is coming from a go "programmer"

>chan
What did they mean by this?

This should have been OP

I'm pretty sure no one here would disagree.