Thoughts on Microsoft edge?

thoughts on Microsoft edge?

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/h264ify/aleakchihdccplidncghkekgioiakgal/related
twitter.com/AnonBabble

garbage

but still better than firefox

fast, clean, efficient. doesnt have extensions though so can't be used to its best potential

Pajeet my son

satan pls

edge imo is completely useable and isn't garbage like internet explorer. it has really good scrolling too

It does have extensions.

missing a lot though

It's so shit that it can barely start.

Nah senpai that's just Windows 10. But then again that's the only OS you can use Edge on.

Log into Gmail with Edge, Google immediately sends me an email saying how I signed from an unknown browser and proceeds to tell me that I should install Crome.

I go and do a Google search, Google pops a message saying how I should install Chrome to better search.

I go on YT with Edge, Google pops a message how I should install Chrome to experience YT the best.

I've used Safari, FF, Opera and I've never seen so much shilling for Chrome. Google fucking hates Edge. It's quite incredible how much they don't want you to use it.

Microsoft Edge's biggest issue is to disable scripts you need to do it from group policies.

EL OH EL

I use edge as my main browser, much faster than chrome with good GPU acceleration on videos.

Now with extensions I have Ublock Edge and it's great.

Here's a 4K youtube video on Chrome.

Here's the same video on Edge.

there is ublock edge already? thank you m8

I can confirm that edge is very lightweight compared to chrome, then again, it is probably intentional from microsofts part

Slow to start. Still has no extensions or plugins.

This has nothing to do with a browser but with a codec. Codecs are different. VP9 is not hardware accelerated. Go use the same codec and you'll notice they perform the same.

>But then again that's the only OS you can use Edge on

yea

That's exactly the point though, Chrome doesn't use AVC1.64033 and just uses VP9.

There are plenty of posts on the internet complaining that AMD gpus have broken or nonexistent hardware acceleration even though enable hardware acceleration is checked

>That's exactly the point though, Chrome doesn't use AVC1.64033 and just uses VP9.
Fucking force it:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/h264ify/aleakchihdccplidncghkekgioiakgal/related

Also, Magic Actions for YT has option to force AVC/MP4.

Once you do that, Chrome will use hardware acceleration.

Try it. Report back.

>having to rely on third party extensions to band-aid fix chrome just so you can watch youtube videos.

That still doesn't fix the slow flash problems.

>having to use a browser in the first place to open a page
go learn nc if shit like this bothers you, faggot.

>slow flash problems
Also, what the fuck are you on about? Flash? As in Adobe Flash?

Holy fucking shit...

>It's not Chrome's problem for not fixing their "Enable Hardware Acceleration", it's my problem for not relying on 3rd party fixes!
>Lalala can't hear you over the sound of me sucking Chrome's cock!

such cuck

it's not a fix you stupid piece of shit.

go shit on a street, ching chong. you're too fucking retarded for Sup Forums.

Only shills use it. Anyone who says it's good is a shill.

The solution is simple. Use Firefox

It's either a fix, or a lack of features.
You're still a cuck either way.

and how many features is your Edge missing? I can't even do basic shit like disable JS with it. and I must register with MS and give them my email to install an extension. And I can't even select some text, right click an search for it.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ABSOLUTELY BASIC FUNCTIONALITY MISSING!

Edge is broken by design you MOTHERFUCKING SHILL. Go fucking kill yourself.

wtf I love Microsoft now

can you tell me exactly what it does?

still no webm so i cant use it since Sup Forums is my main source of procastination

It's pretty comfy on mobile.
Useless on desktop.

Depends on if it's webm vp8 or vp9.
Edge supports the latter but not the former lol.

Mad as fukk

I SEE NO HEAR NO EVIL

Forces AVC/MP4

>option to force AVC/MP4.
gee, I wonder what the fuck it might do