We did it so there's less cords

>we did it so there's less cords
>more cords than we started with

Why pay to put a wire on wireless headphones? What's the supposed benefit?

Not fucking losing them

>having to put on and take off the chord everytime you take the headphones out of the charging box
Just don't buy the iPhone 7. Boycott that shit until apple puts back the headphone jack

To make the product more conspicuous.

There wont ever be an audio jack again. We're living in a post-Airpods society.

>completely unnecessary accessory sold by a third party
>le appel BTFO ANDROID MASTER RACE

3.5mm jack is DEPRECATED

>Expecting to have wires on fucking WIRELESS EARBUDS

I don't think you understand, this will NEVER happen the iPhone 7 already has more pre-orders and than any other smartphone to date ever has. Apple doesn't conform to current technology norms they SET the norms, Samsung is already said they are nixing the headphone jack on the s8 and it won't be long until google does it with the nexus line and then more than 70 percent of new phones will be without it. Sorry bud but apple killed the 3.5mm jack.

>requires unsightly third party solutions to solve (only some of) the real problems that apple won't address.

Sup Forums was all over shilling the Samshit headphones which are the exact same thing and more expensive, but I guess when Apple does it it is literally worse than Hitler.

>unnecessary
>required so you dont lose the fucking ear tampons

Wait a sec...
Oh, what's this here?

Hang on a second, I need to google it
Oh, that's weird, my samsung phone has a port where I can plug in my headphones, or an aux cable without extra stuff I didn't bring with me. I mean, I could always buy the wireless earbuds with the extra anti-falling-out tab, or the ones that are tethered together like the product in OP's pic. But only if I wanted to.

>airCucks™ for 159$
>wires for wireless earphones for 20$
>paying 179$ for inferiour audio
You can get X2's for that money.

>apple fucking shit up for the sake of thinness
I'm an apple fanboi and this still pisses me off
>macbook "keyboard"
REEEEEE

And the iPhone 7 also has a port where you can plug in headphones too. And you could also buy any pair of bluetooth headphones as well.

Those nooses come in a large size for iFag necks too. Guaranteed to be organic free range fair trade.

I wanted comfortable headphones that people can't easily tell I'm wearing.

Apple fucked up.

>headphones that people can't easily tell I'm wearing

This goes entirely against Apple's design philosophy. They want EVERYONE to know someone is using their shit. That's why their cables are white and why every piece of their garbage has a gaudy, embarrassing, huge Apple logo.

fuck no 3.5mm is as standard a format as a fucking phillips screw

Yeah. I just wanted wireless ones and they made some really faggy looking ones instead. Everyone's going to notice that stupid shit.

will the replacement be something sane?

>Samsung is already said they are nixing the headphone jack on the s8
I don't think they have actually confirmed this, Gsmarena haven't updated their specs page to say no 3.5mm jack yet, so I think that this is anything but confirmed at this stage.

Personally I think that at this point, when the release of the S8 is looking just around the corner, having the rumor surface just now makes it unlikely to be a contender for the S8. We got the first rumors about the removal on the iPhone 7 like half a year ago with photos of supposed case mockups.

>Apple: We are accelerating the push to a wireless future. There is no headphone jack, and the preferred method of listening to music now is Bluetooth. If you follow the vision then there will be less wires

>Consumer: hurrrrrrr I'm gonna buy a device with an emphasis on wireless and used wired devices

It's not Apple's fault if you go against their product's vision, you fucking idiot.

>wants to go wireless
>no wireless charging

apple knows what it's doing

they removed it and everyone else will follow

and in a year or two you will love it

Apple's vision is "we stop following established and sane standards because it allows us to exert control over the way our consumers use their devices, gives us a cheap buck and because we're in a position where it even works because experience has shown that the market will eat up a new iphone regardless of what we actually do to it"
There's no law of nature that says you can't have a wireless transmitter and 3.5 jack on that phone. If the mass of the people actually _wanted_ wireless, the 3.5 jack wouldn't be used and no one would complain when it disappears.

>It's not apple's fault that 99.9% of audio devices use the same port so you can't blame them when they make a retarded move

If all the apple execs shitted in a billion boxes and marketed it as the iPoop people would wait im line to buy it

are there bluetooth jammers?

why does nobody realize this is an awful idea

Does Bluetooth earphones can reach the quality of wire earphones? Same for headphones? Is Bluetooth good anougth or gonna we change in the next years.
>incoming protection box for iPhone with extra battery and 3.5 Jack

If the rest follow, what connector are they going to use? USB? That would fuck up the market even more, since they're going to have to make at least 3 types of headphones - one with the normal 3.5 jack, one with a lightning port, and one usb.
The big names in the industry are probably going to release a couple of models, but their core brands will remain 3.5mm.

SOURCE

No idea, really. Look at the filename, it's a pic I had saved.

Remember when the iphone didn't have MMS or copy and paste?

No. Bluetooth uses compression to transfer the data through. There's also the issue of interference from other wireless devices which could cause packet loss/delay and thus skipping, which you wouldn't get with wired headphones ever.

Probably won't notice unless you're an audiophile, but it does get interference from time to time which can be quite distracting.
Though Apple's are apparently roughly the same quality as the earphones they send you the phones with, average. I suspect they have no sound isolation at all as they have no rubber or anything to make even a loose seal in your ear, never tried apples earphones myself to guess, the ones that came with my samsung phone are basically what I described, average I guess no isolation at all.

>iCuckolds

Apple haven't actually said what the number of preorders are. For the first time in years, they haven't revealed that info. Pro analog because of the drop in sales and the fact that more people aren't buying it this year than last year.

Also, kill yourself.

I'm waiting to see how many more countries they add to the first week/month sales in order to reach a higher total than last time.

I suspect if there's a decline in sales it's mostly because there's not really a need to upgrade, especially this time, screen is the same, fingerprint reader the same, old camera is still good enough I assume for most people.
Only things are no headphone jack and waterproofing I think, and something about stereo speakers, I suspect no one will give much of a shit.

Its absolutely astonishing that people are defending this.
Must be crApple employees

Tons of people buy on contract and get the new phones regardless, and you know those count towards the sales.

I'm sure audiophiles will be getting rid of their amps and audio interfaces in flocks and just begin using wireless headphones connected to on board within the next few years

apple are revolutionary

>without extra stuff

Bruh, Spend more time reading and less time watching apple commercials.

>more cords than we started with

>On contract.

Here in the States that isn't true, most major carriers don't have on contract plans anymore. You have to finance the phone for it's full price now.

>more cords than WE started with
So you're the idiots buying these things?

FEWER cords. FEWER. You fucking moronic imbecilic CUNT

When the object is a plural you say FEWER. e.g. "there are now fewer fish in the sea" or "the new iPhone has fewer reasons to buy it than the last one"

When the object is a MASS (or uncountable) NOUN, that's when you say LESS, e.g. "there is less water in this glass", or "the iPhone is less fashionable than it used to be"

YOU FUCKING MORON

LEARN TO SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE YOU FUCKING CUNT

maybe it was just a mistake, my man. some people have had a long day

They did it to make the phone thinner and easier to break so stupid ppl have to buy a new one when they forget it's in their ass pocket and sit down.

>not wanting people to know you have earbuds in so they leave you alone

>being this autistic

You fuckers can say and believe whatever you want - my last two headphones were already bluetooth and it's the most basic requirement when I'm shopping for new ones. Also, Aipods are less expensive than other bluetooth ear buds on the market and people who are into high-quality stuff are likely to buy the Bose ones anyway. And finally, Apple wouldn't abandon the headphone jack if they hadn't concluded that enough people already don't use it beforehand. Because let's face it: most people just use the crappy ones that come with the phone and huge chunk of Apple users passionately hates cables and has likely gone wireless anyway.

you're*

needs to be in all-white with a non-textured design

That's essentially what was happening the entire time. Even when there were contracts, you were still incurring a higher per-month rate because of the phone in the contract.

Now there is no contract, so it's more transparent. No changes. People are still overpaying for things they can't afford that they don't need

If I had an iPhone I would.

Not going to use wireless headphones

Not going to unplug wired headphones or AUX cable to charge the phone

>pay money to remove cables from earbuds
>pay even more money to reattach cables to earbuds
>for Apple earbuds, one of the shittier over-expensive earbuds

No its just going to mean audiophiles are going to have to pay extra for "classic" 3.5mm headphones. I'm sure they won't mind, audiophiles are used to spending more money on their placebo effect hobby

I still have a Samsung s5. Am I doing it right?

>chord
dont talk to me or my headphones ever again

>implying the iPhone 7 will be the first phone without a 3.5 mm jack
Fuck off Apple shill

This will be the next memegate. You'll see it all over in just a week after release about how Apple forced these poor people to lose one of their headphones.

Apple is already asking MacBook pro users if they ever use the jack port on their laptops to eliminate it from their laptops

This is the transition model, that will ween everyone off corded earphones, so of course there's gonna be those that don't want to follow and need adapters.

Within a couple of years, Apple users will have completely transitioned over to cordless, with even better wireless tech, and Lagroid users will still be tangled up with their poorfagphones.

>implying 3.5mm is going anywhere

It's not a wire, it's a tether.

So it's a wire but even more useless.

It's not a wire that plugs into your phone, which is the whole point of wireless headphones. And it's even more useful since without it the earbuds are vastly easier to lose.

Can you even buy a replacement one or do you need to buy a whole new $160 set when you lose one of the $80 earbuds?

Say you lose a left, and then with your second set lose a right, can you use the two together? Or do you still need to buy another pair even though you have a left and a right earbud?

You do realize that this isn't helping your shitty case at all, right?

I'm just trying to understand the rationale. Why would you want wireless headphones if they have a cord anyway?

I see you have no rebuttal.

So you don't fucking lose them. Plus you can take them out and hang them around your neck, try doing that with wireless earbuds without the tether.

And what's the advantage in this case of using wireless headphones + tether instead of wired headphones?

Maybe try to be a bit fewer autistic ?

You don't have a wire running down your body from the headphones to your phone

Just one around your neck.

Exactly.

I don't get it. You've got a wire anyway, it's just a useless wire that doesn't supply power or offer music controls.

The annoying part of the wire is the part that runs down your body and rubs against your chest or catches on your arms, this is still free of that. The part around your neck I see as more of a convenience than a hassle, I'd rather it be there than not, even if the headphones are wireless. If you don't like it you're free not to use it, nobody's forcing you to.

>If you don't like it you're free not to use it, nobody's forcing you to.
:^)

I see you have no retort.

didn't realize Sup Forums has so many luddites

This is a top seller on amazon. It is $30 and has a longer battery life. Only downfall is the Apple version will connect a lot quicker.

I'm wrong this has 5hrs of battery like the Apple one.

I still have my galaxy s5 too user.

I'll probably upgrade before the end of the year though.

Was looking at LG v20 but i really don't know what to get.

>what is induction
Priddy hard to wireless charge a non-flat device

I'm probably going to run this thing till it's dead. But by that time I'm sure all the new phones will be completely enclosed and I won't be able to buy new batteries for it. What do you look for in a phone?

I mostly just listen to music and casually browse the internet. So usually just battery life. I like having a big screen just because it makes web browsing and (on occasion) watching videos nicer.

I'm pretty casual when it comes to phones though.

>there are people recharging their phone while listening to music
Oh yeah, heaving headphones on while sleeping and driving sure is important.

Yeah I pretty much just use it for music and web browsing also, I hate phone games they have no depth and get boring easy. Though not having a huge ass phone is important cause it would bother me by being in my pocket. I have a tablet for school, not for sitting in my pocket lol. Well if you keep it for a while, I'd probably look for a phone that's gonna come out at end of year so at least you have the latest.

>no car has aux input
>you're not allowed to want music and need to charge your phone at the same time
You are beyond retarded.

>he doesn't listen to music in bed

nobody gives a fuck about your chinkfone

>All these anti-Apple shills thinking that Apple will ever bow its knee

I'm sorry you cucks refuse to accept the gift that Apple has provided to the world. A world without tangled wires on your in-ear headphones. I can't count the amount of times that I've had Apple and non-Apple in-ear headphones tangle in my pockets while only being in there for about an hour. Fucking pisses me off. The airpods are a fucking gift and a step in the right direction. It just boggles me and plenty of my friends for as to why people would continue to want use such depreciated technology. Get with the times.