Comfy shitposting devices

Haven't seen a thread about the GPD Win for a while, it's basically a Laptop with Intel Atom CPU in the size of an Nintendo DS.

There are already tons of videos of the retail version prototypes on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=q7A6uHEU66o

youtube.com/watch?v=1guTmlqmjEA

Here is a video of it running GTA5

youtube.com/watch?v=j5sFfOSLEDY

Looks very promising so far, I just hope there won't be any issues with quality control once it hits mass production (probably already started).

Also, post other comfy small devices.

I pre-ordered mine. There's a controversy now about them switching back to the Z8700 chip from the Z8750 before it's shipped out due to either supply issues/bad drivers/not waking from sleep depending on who you talk to. It's not that big a deal except for a bug with alpha blending in the 8700 which can affect games. It's funny because most US users don't really care, but the Chinese users who ordered at JD.com are going apeshit and calling the developers dirty dogs.

Honestly I would get a 9 or 10 inch netbook instead. It's marginally bigger, but somewhere around 8-10 inches (depending on the size of your hands/fingers) is the absolute limit of whether you can touch-type efficiently on a keyboard. To me 7 inches is hopeless, with 10 inches I can hit 100WPM. Some people may be able to touch-type on an 8 inch laptop keyboard, but 5.5 inches? Not a chance.

The main point of that device is to play windows games and emulators though with the built in controller. The keyboard is really just secondary. It's for autists like me that have dreamed about having morrowind on the go. I'd use my phone for shitpposting before I'd use a GPD WIN.

And? The title of the thread is
>Comfy shitposting devices
I don't give a shit about your gaming. Shitposting requires touch-typing

>play games
>on an atom CPU

>post other comfy small devices.

iPad Pro

>comfy

Fuck off

I repaired a free broken 256gb 2012 mac air for 40 dollars by replacing the magsafe board and charger,

I am running
*nix win7 an osx and i dont even know i am carrying it in bag.... no thanks....

I wonder if that trannies dick is bigger than the iPad.

>Constant shilling of shitty UMPCs everyday
>New one with decent hardware cames out
>Everyones hates it

I just don't get it.

It looks like shit. I'll stick to my x200s

Are you clinically retarded?! You didn't even try watching half of one of the videos?!

It's only cool if it's some special snowflake borderline useless Sony Vaio that was only ever released in Japan.

Meh, its interesting only if its possible to boot GNU/Linux distros

5.5" might be small enough for thumb-typing, which would make it better than a phone because physical buttons. But I don't really know because I'm not getting one.

Ikr. If it's new, it sucks. Story of Sup Forums.

this desy

Would consider one, but saw preorders already avaliable for a x86 handheld with 8GB onboard. I'd wait a year/two, if they keep making them better/give them a docking port+dock, I will certainly consider. Also, those should be going for 100$, not the price it is now.

Chinkpad X200s

Cheap, reliable, fast and upgradable. It's comfy as fuck. I'm posting on a T400 because I'm a bit too big for a X200 (but it's cute so I bought a few)

It's cheap creaky fucking chink shit.
At least pretend like you have a paycheck and get the superior pyra.

Comfy masterrace coming through

Oh man has anyone actually watched that youtube video in OP
it's like a cheap acer walmart laptop from 2007 god fucking damn

>GTA 5 in my pocket
Damn, I might buy this thing after all.

I'm waiting to see if it will have any problems running linux, it is sure to boot it no problem since it uses a standard laptop bios but I want to see if the mouse/xinput/dinput switch will work or if there are problems with the wi-fi implementation. If those problems are absent/solvable I'll buy it, otherwise i'll probably go for the pyra.

Anyone here have a Pyra? They look pretty cool.

that machine was cool ouside, but inside its madness itself

What?

pretty comfy user, what's the screen res on that?

1024x600

I bought one of these instead of getting a PSP Go. Would've been a nice alternative if the battery life wasn't ass

>Conan
Sold

Mine runs LegacyXperia Android 6.0.1. with no GAPPS. Battery life is pretty good desu. But I have a PSP Go too. Better battery life by far.

I've got the Verizon version. As far as I can tell there's no custom ROM support, can't even get it rooted.

>ancient dual core angry birds processor
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have an ipad mini with a lifeproof brand case.

Basically its a trouble free shitposting media device, everything is fluent, the case makes it comfy to hold, can drop on the floor, use in the shower and sauna.

Plz no bully

>old device has old hardware
whodathunkit

>no more pre-orders
FUCK

Why the fuck do you wear those ugly shorts?

Can I install gentoo on it?

I would love to have that kind of shitposting device, I would have bought a ben nanonote if it had wifi.
The zipit z2 seems cool too but too outdated

Can the pandora still be bought ?Or is there any other good umpc running GNU+Linux ?

>Can the pandora still be bought
Yes, it's around 100€ on ebay. The Pyra will be out by the end of this year for around 600€.

Don't try to get a pandora, it's turbo old.
Wait for pyra, it'll be fantastic.

Tablets are in reality the best shitposting machines, just these guys are nostalgic for computers that were never really any good.

>no keyboard
no

It looks pretty cool but quite expensive, do you know when the pyra will be available ?

what's the massive cylindrical thing on the far left vaio?

Eventually. it's a very small team doing this shit so don't expect any hard numbers on anything until it's out.

Oh yes it looks cool but it's bloody expensive, when will the release be ?

That is a Sony VAIO PCG-GT3/K and that piece is a camera system which you can take pics or video from it.

sorry for the double post, my internet is laggy as hell...

whats the point of this little shit? to use a desktop os on a portable device? wangblows is only good for gayms and photoshop.

neat

I was going to get one but decided against it since I only really wanted it to play rpgmaker games and emulators.
Might still get one if it or a clone goes below 250.

the zipit is shit in literally every way - shit keyboard, shit durability, shit processor, shit display
sure, it's cheap, but you'll still regret whatever you spent on it

Oh okay thanks for telling me, then do you know any portable device running GNU+Linux without major flaws ?
Preferably not too expensive and easy to acquire. It seems to be a pain in the ass to find a correct handheld device, smartphones are jails, game consoles are too and netbooks are shit and still too big compared to stuff like the nanonote or the zipit and pyra/pandora...

I wish I knew - I have the same criteria for such a device and the best I've found is smartphone+Termux, sadly.

you want the fucking pyra man read the thread jfc
nice things are expensive.

Anyone remember these? I guess they were pretty shit, but I always liked the aesthetic.

What was shit about them?

Vaio P's next on my list, probably going to replace with it. I like the UX more but the P's more pocketable.

I guess I just expect to much. I never had one, but a 2ghz atom processor and 2gig of RAM(soldered to the mobo) seems kind of underwhelming. I know I'm a huge faggot, but I just always fantasized about about making a vaio p into a nice little kali-book that fits in your left back pocket.

Lack of a touchpad/good pointer support irrelevant since you'll be doing mostly terminal work anyway, l33t h4x0r aesthetic. please guys somebody shoot me down before my unhealthy obsession with these things returns from beyond the hardware obsolescence grave!

Someone please post that vaio p pantsu advertisement, I can't find it

>Lack of a touchpad/good pointer support
It's got a TrackPoint though.

you guys aren't helping.... I'm checking my local craigslist for used examples now...

also /r/ing an example of someone putting a p into the back pocket of some non-femanon pants

Do any good chinkware vaio p knockoffs exist?

pick is "mi book" chinkware icuck air knockoff. apparently it is pretty slim and has discrete graphix. I forget specs but will look up for lazy anons who /r/

Not yet, in fact I believe the MiBook is the first Xiaomi laptop

interesting. Seems like there off to the races. I don't know of any 'books of comparable form factor with discrete graphix. their probably out there though. we can be umpc/untlabook bread now?

I formally apologize.... they're*

before anyone bitches

> (OP)
>Would consider one, but saw preorders already avaliable for a x86 handheld with 8GB onboard.

Where did you see this?

Have a white one, it's kinda shitty, but it's kinda nice, and I like how small it is

It gets the job done

There's an official sony bootloader unlock, and an CM install guide.

that is that thing on the far right

Im thinking of building one of these.

I want one of these but they cost 200 USD and up

Useless. Seriously, even for ARM, a Pandora or N900 would be better.

I would have built one, but all the keyboards available at that size are complete shit. Also that sort of thing really needs a trackpoint or something instead of a touchscreen

That is the Toshiba Libretto W105. Basically, a UMPC with touch screen on both side for either typing or suffering the web. Own it and will say it might not be the great item to get as it have some minor issue with it mostly how it was design. The battery is rubbish in that you can use it under 2 hours in light use or 1hr and 20 min in realistic use. The fan is on no matter what and you can hear it trying to cool this UMPC down. This get loud when you try to push it to it`s limited.

An interesting tool which isn`t useful to be use. Kinda funny as this is the last laptop under Libretto brand which is kinda a nice fitting on trying to show how much they can cramp into a small size laptop. Just suck it didn`t really work well in real life.

one fh these would be cool so i can have a linux box to carry around with me were i go. maybe even do some script kiddy cracking

>suffering the web

you heard the man

>all this weeb linux shit
11" Macbook Air is comfy as fuck.

I was very tempted to get it instead of the 13", but
>1366x768
(a perfectly fine resolution compared to UMPCs, but when paying the price of a full laptop I want full laptop usability)

2comfy4u

literally the perfect res on an 11" screen dude

I think a 5" screen phone with a physical keyboard and a trackpoint that dual boots android and a pc os would be cool.

>trackpoint
No need.

>dual boots
Not a hardware restriction

I'd want a N950 but one that didn't remove all the N900 features.

I must know! What is this?

Needs a number row.

This is just to illustrate the idea. Obviously it would have to have the right hardware for using a pc os.

PS Vita

>implying you can't run Ubuntu on an N950
Are you referring to x86?