XPS 13

Give me one reason not to but this laptop (Protip: you can't)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=xps 13 coil whine
ifixit.com/Teardown/Dell XPS 13 Teardown/36157
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's a dell

DUDE

Unreasonably loud coil whine.

keyboard sucks

the chinkpads have better keyboards

Do you not carry a mechanical around...?

see

Nobody gives a fuck.Came here yesterday "Should I Click buy?"

Now that you did: Fuck all you MINES THE BEST!

Fuck off

This x1000, unless you leave it plugged in all day.

Besides that, I love mine so far.

I'm poor

The new one with Kaby Lake looks amazing, don't get one till those come out.

You don't need it?

you cant afford it

no trackpad buttons
no trackpoint
screen has such a small bezel that it is more of an inconvenience than a feature
not user serviceable like thinkpads, latitudes, elitebooks

there you go, faggot

>hideous bottom bezel
>that nostrilcam
>16:9

>no trackpad buttons
That's a pro.

Simple, I already own the Precision M5510, which is the workstation version of the XPS 15.

I'm all set.

>that's a pro

what are you, fucking retarded?

>he thinks it's a con

K E K
E
K

I have no shekels left, the other jews took 'em all already.

Needing to carry a mechanical keyboard around is a pretty significant reason not to buy one

It's not a Latitude so the warranty will be shit in comparison.

don't wanna have the same laptop as others in my classes

Then buy Chinese ARM powered laptop?

no, already have an older thinkpad model no one else has.

just been seeing more and more of these xpses. they seem pretty good anyway, so might have to have gone with one if i needed a new laptop

user, if you have never truly use the trackpoint for more than 24 hours, you have no room to talk.
All I can say is, it's much better than a shitty touchpad.

Clickpads are vastly superior.

Can't argue with that

We're not talking about a trackpoint, we're talking about a regular trackpad v a clickpad. And a clickpad is better.

I do that for every laptop I carry, it's just more comfortable.

but thats wrong you giant poop head

even regular trackpads with the two buttons are much better than a clickpad.

and believe me, I've used a clickpad before. I had to go and buy a wireless mouse, as it was just impossible to use. Moving the cursor isn't the issue, its clicking itself. Even when clicking on the left, it would sometimes register as a right click, and vice versa.

Please, leave now, and do not come back. None of you are welcome on this website any longer. My dad works for Sup Forums, and he will promptly be banning you. I have reported this incident to the majority of the 3-letter US agencies, and they will come to you regardless of whether you reside in the US, or even are citizens or not. I hope you all enjoyed your free lives up to this point, but you shouldn't have expressed an ignorant opinion on the internet.

>Even when clicking on the left, it would sometimes register as a right click, and vice versa.
That's the beauty of the clickpad, if you don't like how it works you can change it. Also this doesn't happen when your drivers aren't shit. It's not the clickpad that sucks, it's the software supporting it. Get a better device.
>not having it configured for 1 finger = left click, 2 = right, 3 = middle

Is a linux laptop but dell decided to put a windows key anywhay. What The Fack

pretty much my only complaint with this desu

>shit feature is the beauty

lol

anyways, I still would like you to leave. I'm a navy seal and all that. I will see you again one day, friend. But that day isn't mean to be today. You must go now.

>having choice is shit
topkek, why do you hate yourself?

What if I don't want a laptop?

>Unreasonably loud coil whine.
wat? why??

>coil whine
am I being trolled?

Linus Torvalds uses it. He loves it. You are good to go senpai.

lmgtfy.com/?q=xps 13 coil whine

He also uses a desktop full time. Only cares about laptops for travel

As one should.

The only cons I can think of are that the webcam is in a weird position and Kaby Lake is around the corner, so if wait until a refresh to buy one. Kaby Lake will probably result in marginally better battery life and performance.

I'm waiting for Kaby Lake too, it was announced today. October 4th bois

because if i want a laptop i can have a macbook pro for free?

>not user serviceable like thinkpads, latitudes, elitebooks
ifixit.com/Teardown/Dell XPS 13 Teardown/36157

it has a linux variant yes.

Why? Mechanical keyboards are better than any laptop keyboard in existence.

It defeats the purpose of the Laptop.
Do you also carry around a mouse too?

What else would you use a laptop for?

Yes. It's just more comfortable for browsing and doing anything, and I carry all my stuff in a backpack. I carry a 40%, I can have an enjoyable experience on a laptop, if I need to do anything intensive on my phone, and in case I use a PC that's not mine. Same with a mouse, its something I like, so I might as well carry what I like. am used to, and what I do the best work with.

I only use my laptop at home because it's 5 years old and the battery dies like an hour after unplugging it, but yes, I would bring a mouse. At least that is more logical and less autistic than carrying a mechanical keyboard around because trackpads suck dick, and I'm typing this on my Macbook which is supposed to have the best trackpad in the market.