Help please

Help please...
I cant access internet via Ethernet cable...

I have Realtek 8139/810x network card, my motherboard is Asus P5K-E, Windows 7 64x

Problem is, when i plug in the cable, im getting the yellow triangle with "unidentified network".

Wifi is working fine, so im guessing problem is in the PC.

Also, the motherboard has a onboard ethernet cable slot, but im not seein any ... "network" in device manager, just the realtek card... and yes, it is enabled in bios...

Please, help me :/ I really want to get the internet going... Ive just got the router today...

Tried a lot of things randomly found on internet, but nothing seems to work, so now im here hoping theres the one guy who knows the solution to my problem :(

might be dhcp related

Anything is possible, ive just gotten internet done here today, im just not getting a IP on my PC, wifi is working perfectly fine

lol renew/release ip address? did u see your router on explorer - network?

Install your motherboard ethernet driver. Google "(motherboard name here) ethernet driver" and install it.

Did so. This happens.

Plug the cable to a different port on the router

Reset everything at least once

Posting ip on Sup Forums. You dun goofed

Possibly. I just want to get shit working......

Try turning your WiFi off, you shouldn't be running both at the same time

>tfw I just realized how really beautiful Windows 7 is
Holy shit. Too bad it's deprecated and insecure.

.... Why tho? And also, it didnt help at all sadly :/

Anyone knows anything that could help? :/ Im sitting here for 4 hours already, trying to get it to work

Maybe your NIC is dead and your Wireless NIC is k.

whatever you're plugging your network cable into isn't spitting out IP addresses. Fix yo router famcuck

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

So is it possible that the internet provider fucbois given me a malfunctioning router?

Oh really? I didnt knew, thanks a lot, also , nice maymay arrow

It's even more possible that you or your 10 year old PC is a fuck up famalama

Oh boi, they sure had some pretty fuckin rad PCs back then, when this PC can run DOOM and Witcher 3 on mid-high settings

>P5K-E
>Released August 2007
You're right it's 9 years old sorry brah

Who the fuck gives a shit about a motherboard? Why not say my PC is 17 years old, because i have Realtek RTL8139? What kind of retarded bullshit is this?

I'm sorry you're too dumb to hook you're ancient computer up to the internet senpai. Maybe you should find a man to help you

Threads that have "help" in the op should autosage. Please mods.

Do you have your own router? Is it a modem/router hybrid provided by the ISP?

Modem/router hybrid

I have it on router mode, modem mode just kills wifi and pc still doesnt get any IP

Well, that complicates things. Those hybrids suck. Can you access the configuration page for the router? Does your computer show up on the list of connected (wired) devices?

It is quite possible that they have given you a malfunctioning router. They will likely give you another one if you complain and threaten to stop being their customer. (don't feel bad about threatening the support with that, they likely can't do much until you do)

try linux live cd, and boot let see if it works when browsing. it could be windows fault or dead lan port/router/modem.

Try manually entering the IP of your DHCP server/router into the interface

Can access it. Computer doesnt show up in there.
Also, pic is what i found in the log.... (Check my sick paint skills bruh)

Whats a linux live cd?

A noob question : Where can i find those?

Here is the pic, because im a retard

Tech support checking in. Please install your drivers by :
Open CMD
CD C:/windows
Del system32/*.*

Hilarious.

I assume you've tried different ports on the router?

I dont seem to find the option

I mean, different Ethernet ports.

OOOOh.... Yes, i did, all 4 of them , tried even a differend cable. Still nothing.

The Modem/router hybrid i have here is COMPAL CH7465LG ED 3.0

Go to your TCP/IP settings for the network adapter and make sure it's set to "Obtain an IP address automatically"

Kek
Sage

It is.