Just a quick question

Just a quick question.
I rooted my phone and installed TWRP and Xposed with Gravitybox (just bc i wanted to change the navigation bar). I don't actually know anything about modding an androrid phone. What happens if I install an OTA update now?

Pic 100% related

(i have a nexus 5 and android 6.0.1 if that matters??)

Other urls found in this thread:

dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/uninstaller/
twrp.me/faq/officialota.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can't, it will just fail. Try to get a full zip of the rom you can only update it with that once u modified the system. (Which u did with xposed and su). I would recommend flashing a custom rom like cyanogenmod cuz it's way easier to get full rom zips for those.

If I flash a custom rom, that won't make any files go away, right?
Also, will it make the darn notification go away?(only thing i care about)

If you don't wipe your sdcard partition it won't delete the files, it will delete the apps tho. And the notification will go away yes.

Okay new question.
How do I uninstall TWRP and Xposed?

Flash back to stock.

Xposed has an uninstaller linked in thread typically. Leave TWRP imo

Uninstall Xposed with this dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/uninstaller/

TWRP says that it still won't let me install OTA updates. twrp.me/faq/officialota.html I think the problem is with TWRP more than Xposed but everything xposed-related seems to like scaring people about bricking their phone.

Why do you need OTAs? Just install modded stock or better yet CM since it does all of the shit you're using xposed for out of the box.

what exactly are you trying to achieve, OP?
if you want a stock rom with OTA updates, you'll have to use stock recovery.
if you want to install a custom rom, keep twrp.

Because I want the darn notification to go away. And I don't want CM because I want my phone to be pure and free from Russian adware.

I got a notofication for an OTA update and my phone really wants to install it. I'm pretty sure the next time my phone runs out of battery, as soon as i turn it on, it's gonna try to install it and become a brick. And if not, it'll keep bugging me to install it. I don't want a whole custom rom like cyanogen mod because I'm not a fan of Russian adware and I never asked to go this deep into modding my phone, I just wanted to change the navigation bar ;^;

Some things just aren't that simple my man. Go all out or don't do anything.

>CM
>russian adware

Nope

I remember someone I know tried to install cyanogen mod on a different phone and it left him with some weird russian stuff, like pre-downloaded bad techno music and those naked woman wallpapers and an ugly booting animation plus one of the buttons that was supposed to do google searches, played cheap techno music intead.

One important thing - does it change the boot animation? If not, then I might consider it I guess.

God you are such a pussy, letting some dumbass who can't download CM from official sources influence you so heavily. I hope your phone breaks you little pansy faggot.

I just want my phone to look nice, that's the only reason I ever modded it in the first place. Like, is it gonna change the nice animation that plays when it's booting? Bc if it is, I'm just gonna flash back to stock everything, install the stupid update and then install xposed again, I don't need the help of someone who goes into a thread just to yell at someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

I doubt that was an official build. I use official CM builds on my s5 for nearly a year now and I can assure you that it isn't adware. Also it looks like AOSP and doesn't play techo music.

I can't say anything on unofficial builds though. However I still don't think that anyone would would bother creating a whole rom just to show ads instead of making something like Candycrushhaxlegitplsopen.apk.

Autism.
Find latest deodexed rom and flash it.

Honestly, I still think that's going too far for just a colored navigation bar. I found a way to disable the darn notification so it's okay. I can just use my good old stock stuff without the patch.

High school rules don't apply here mate

Well of course installing a rom just to change a minor detail isn't really logical. By the way which phone do you have? I installed CM because I disliked touchjizz and the features such as built in supersu functionality seemed interesting.

I have a Nexus 5 and really I never even wanted to root it, I never had a reason, until I found out there's a way to change the color haha

kill yourself back to iphones.