Standard Innovation—the maker of the We-Vibe vibrator and accompanying app—is the subject of a federal privacy...

>Standard Innovation—the maker of the We-Vibe vibrator and accompanying app—is the subject of a federal privacy lawsuit. The suit, which seeks class-action status, claims the We-Vibe vibrator app chronicles how often and how long consumers use the sex toy and sends that data to the company's Canadian servers. The suit says that the app also monitors "the selected vibration settings," the vibrator's battery life, and the vibrator's "temperature" with consumer consent. The data, along with the person's e-mail address, is stored on the vibrator-maker's Canadian servers, according to the lawsuit. (PDF) The app also has a "connect lover" feature, enabling partners to exchange text messages, engage in video chats, and "control a paired We-Vibe" device.
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/09/sex-toys-and-the-internet-of-things-collide-what-could-go-wrong/

Where were you when dildos joined the botnet?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/the-mod-multivibrating-open-source-dildo#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Explain to me why you would need an app to do what buttons already do? In fact, it looks like it does have buttons on it.

Also, if people really fell for this they deserve it. Then again, nobody cares how often or long grandma uses her vibrator.

>Explain to me why you would need an app to do what buttons already do? In fact, it looks like it does have buttons on it.
So you can use it in public obviously.

You can have someone else operate it.

So you can control it via the app, grandpa. Duh

but how's it different from Nᴼ 1 camwhore choice aka ohmibod™
and how come nobody made pneumatic/hydraulic or better yet heated dildo

>with consumer consent.
So what's the problem here?

Less openings on the device means better protection from fluids.
Your master can buzz you remotely I n public without some special remote ... He's on his phone, so veryone thinks he's just playing flappy bird while you're squirming in your panties.
No need to produce and package a separate remote, which could be lost or break down.
And as the quoted text notes, it's effectively on the Internet, so someone can buzz you from outside the country.

I'm sold

How do I root mine?

I think the implication was
>how often and how long consumers use the sex toy
is collected without consumer consent while
>"the selected vibration settings," the vibrator's battery life, and the vibrator's "temperature"
is only collected with the consumer's consent.

>samsung recalls their heated vibrators due to battery explosions
just put it in ya

reminds me of the australian product pericoach but this product is mainly for recording muscular strength in patients with continence issues

Mine is a torrent box and minecraft server.

>using a freedom denying dildo
>not experiencing free and open source orgasms
indiegogo.com/projects/the-mod-multivibrating-open-source-dildo#/

We need to just burn everything to the ground and start over

>Your master
BDSM fags need to be gassed

>1865+151
>not owning slaves
You wot m8?

into the chamber you go

I hope your chamber is properly lubed up, you dirty pervert

>didnt read ToS