Monitor Thread

What sort of monitors are you using Sup Forums?
4k?
Gsync/ Freesync?
Ultrawide?
Curved?
What's just a meme and what do you think will last?

Other urls found in this thread:

120hzmonitors.com/monitor-list-120hz-144hz-165hz-200hz-240hz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you think of the QNIX QX2710?
I'm looking for a second/side monitor to my main one. Any suggestions?

I have ASUS VX279N-W

27"
IPS-type
2560x1440
G-Sync
165 Hz
Calibrated to sRGB

9/10 it's ok

>patrician

Whats the point of 4k/1440p freesync if no AMD card can handle it

1280x1024 60Hz DELL

You use Nvidia then.

Oh same topic as yesterday, is this going to become a 'Monitors general' topic? I don't know too much about them so this'll be totes cool.

>4k?
16:9 2650x1080 and enjoying it so far!

>Gsync/ Freesync?
Freesync but with nVidia cards, gives me an excuse to consider AMD in a couple of years though.

>in b4 raging autists
I just don't upgrade my anything all the damn time, not because I can't afford it but because I don't need to.

>Ultrawide?
Yeppers

>Curved?
Sadly not, I think I'll go over 40" for a curved screen though. So once GPU's can handle 4k@60+FPS a fair bit better, I'll hop onto the 4k meme

>What's just a meme and what do you think will last?

I think 2k is a meme because there's already 4k out and that's getting a lot more marketing. Thus consumerism and capitalism that run society will ensure that it'll be what comes out.

Not sure about x-sync, I think it'll be something that'll stick around for a while. Though if AMD continues building for consoles AND if they manage to win the samsung deal I'm sure they'll get enough money to finally start pumping out good stuff.

I would've gone AMD this time round if they had enthusiast grade GPU's but with the 480 /generally/ on par with the 1060, I just couldn't quite bring myself to get it.

Plus, most of my games are DX11 and I don't generally buy into new titles often so I think Nvidia was a good choice for my needs.

Oh and, I'm using the LG 34UM68, I don't know why Monitor make/model isn't included as one of the questions.

I am currently using a 40' TV as my monitor. It's trash.
I want to switch to a three screen set up.
Any suggestions for monitors between the 100-250 American dollar range? Would like them to be at least 21 inch. Don't care if they are curved.

How are you supposed to know how good a monitor is unless you see it yourself in person? I'm saying this because I'm looking for some online but this shit is completely ambiguous.
Also, I'm looking for a good side-monitor for one high-end PC I'll be making by the end of this year.
Assuming your main monitor is as good as it gets, how good should a side-monitor be?

65 inch 4k tv with low input lag, and it can do 1080p @ 120hz

monitor cucks BTFO

Shit dude, how much did that set you back? Looks beautiful

>1080p
>65"
kek

What he means (most likely|) is that it can either do 4k@60hz OR 1080p@120hz

Damn dude, well, long as you enjoy it is what matters. What's it like so far on a screen that massive?

i sit like 6 feet away on a couch with an xbox one controller, i use a wireless logitech keyboard with touchpad to browse the web, ect..

its great

Which is the best 165hz one out there?

120hzmonitors.com/monitor-list-120hz-144hz-165hz-200hz-240hz/

imo it should be the same model

PG279Q until every other model is tested. There's really no perceptible difference between 144Hz and 165Hz.

>low input lag
35ms? Pixel response time?

27"
2560x1440
IPS panel
60 Hz stock OC to 76 Hz

until they fix 1080p scaling on higher res panels i'm just sticking with 1080p 144hz

2x Dell U2515H, 25" 1440p IPS

2x Asus PB258Q, 25" 1440p IPS

not yet

TFT Central

TFT monitor and IPS phone screen right?

Acer X34, clocked to 100hz (one of the lucky few)

>4K

3440x1440

>Gsync/ Freesync?

Gsync (30-100)

>Ultrawide?

Yes

>Curved?

Yes

Built in monitor speakers and LED controls

Measurements, as always with technology.

65" is a bit too big for 2160p as a desktop, 48" is about as big as you'd want to go for something you sit at up close. I like my 40" 2160p monitor though I do miss the remote control.

how would this be for digital art ASUS PB258Q

I only have a meme ratio of 19:10

They're never going to 'fix' they 1080p scaling on 1440p which is what I assume you're talking about. 2160p however works beautifully for 1080p content because it just has to use multiple pixels as one. That's why in the end 8k will likely become the standard for monitors since it will be able to cleanly support 1080p, 1440p and 2160p.

They're pretty good, I have two of them.

They're decently color accurate and come calibrated decently (though it can be improved with an actual colorimeter if you want to spend the money)

They are great for any sort of photo/video editing.

>decently color accurate
this worries me, im specifically asking for digital painting. do you think its good enough for that? nice setup btw.

>What sort of monitors are you using Sup Forums? I use an old projector that I salvaged and refurbished at home, and whatever old panels I can scrounge. I have a VGA 1600x1200 TFT CRT, too. Buying new is for cucks.
>4k? No. Games and video looks fine at a lower resolution and I don't do professional design work so I don't waste my money and get cucked by industry.
>Gsync/ Freesync? I neither know, nor care what this means
>Ultrawide? 4x3
>Curved? top meme
Gsync/Freesync is a meme. Curved is a meme. Resolution for the sake of resolution is a meme.

I'm prob going to get VR goggles before a "4K" screen.

I do this with my projector, but I have a nice desk chair and don't use a wireless keyboard.

I have two mice, two controllers, and one keyboard hooked up.

If you are entry level professional, or similar, they will be fine.

The Dell U2515H will come calibrated from the factory a bit better than the Asus PB258Q, but they use the same exact panel.

If you are looking for real professional quality you'd need to spend 4-5x as much for a NEC or similar display.

Seems like since your budget isn't over $1k, this should be fine for your needs.

Monitor screen refresh rate in sync with GPU frame times is far from a meme.

>If you are entry level professional, or similar
kek nope im just a scrub trying to git gud on a budget. youre right, this seems perfect. thanks again

>I neither know, nor care what this means
How are you so out of touch with current monitor tech?

These are marketing terms for adaptive refresh rate (your screens refresh rate changes depending on the content your displaying)

This means a LOT less tearing.

Anyone has ACER XB270HU? Seems like a perfect monitor so there has to be a catch.

It's Acer, so quality control will leave a bit to be desired.

Dell U2711

thing is flawless, love 1440p at 27"

What do you think anons about this one?
I have it for a year and it is great monitor

Get one. Not a meme

Crossover 324k on the way from Korea right now on the advice of Wendell.

Here's hoping it's not covered in dead pixels and dies in a month.