INSTALLING WIN7 SHOULD I DISABLE UPDATES?

INSTALLING WIN7 SHOULD I DISABLE UPDATES?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3161647
sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2016/05/windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x64_2dafb1d203c8964239af3048b5dd4b1264cd93b9.msu
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/44645-WHDownloader-Support-and-chat/page259?p=1169513#post1169513
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

uh.. sure?

I'd say leave automatic updates turned off and compile a list of updates that you shouldn't install (such as KB2670838 (the one that breaks aero) and the Windows 10 spyware updates). Also, before you install any new ones, I'd say look up the updates before installing any of them in case there are anymore of the bad ones.

>Windows 7
>Implying you'll be able to connect to the update servers anyways
Shiggy

Only if you a full day to wait on installing every single one of them. :^)

>updating
>power shuts off during it

fuck!

you basically have to reinstall windows when this happen

Excuse me, but if you're going to use ancient OSes, I'd recommend IBM OS/2 or maybe an Amiga OS.

I wasn't able to install that october package thing they are now doing, reverted changes on boot.

Especially with the .NET Framework updates.

You haven't heard have you?

no this has to happen to get gpu installed unlike linux its not installed in real time.

Heard of what?

Are you seriously asking this? Have you been living under a rock with no Sup Forums for the last like 5 months?

Turn it off. I haven't got any updates except for what came on SP1. If you really want updates, there's WSUS offline.

Maybe. But still, I want to know.

Future updates for W7 will no longer be on a case-by-case basis, they're now in one big bundle so you won't be able to cherry pick.

This is the best answer.

what's with the webm?

You should kill yourself.

thats why you install .net apart.

In my experience preparing computers for small businesses deployments, it is the best course of action.

I really hate that you have to roll back a shitton of updates because ONE dindt get their way, so first install the critical ones then the .net ones

OH and lets not forget, that even when you install a service pack for your .net version, you'll have to do this all over again, because there will be another batch of security updates to your .nets

Really mate, install what you will, but when you reach that point of "this is good enogh for me" do yourself a favor and do a image of the whole system partition, so when you fucked things up in the future, you can backup your data, restore the image and you'll save yourself hours.

Repostan from /sqt/

>Convenience update (most patches up to April 2016)
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574

>How to get your Windows 7 fully updated and working after fresh install
Get these and install in order if you want to use Windows Update without any dumb bug:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3161647
sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html

>Or get all the updates at once:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932
(only if you don't have Service Pack 1 installed)
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2016/05/windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x64_2dafb1d203c8964239af3048b5dd4b1264cd93b9.msu

I got the 65805 ISO, does it have SP1? Which ones should I install from the list? Sorry I haven't touched anything windows related since 4 years.

This

I have to leave it download for like 3 hours before it finds any updates

Do you ask people should you wipe your ass?

>power shuts off
Where do you live faggot, Bulgaria?

never ever had automatic updates

always was only updating to newest at installation and changing settings to never check for updates

>not making an updated ISO with WHDownloader and NTLite

I don't even use Windows 7 anymore and I made one.

Also, you can download the updates with WHDownloader and use this script to install them if you're lazy.

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/44645-WHDownloader-Support-and-chat/page259?p=1169513#post1169513

One of them is the service pack, another is one that accidentally got installed because some Microsoft utility automatically enabled updates.
Disabling updates is the only way to keep Windows 7 running like new. If you install them, it will slow your boot time down to a crawl.

Yes, you should. Plain and simple. Especially if you have some uncommon but "mission critical" software.

Por que?

You see, some production softwares don't work with later updates. One of my workstations could only take SP1. Later updates rendered the software useless. Think "Apple effect". I pissed and moaned to developer to fix it but to no avail.

Install SP1, turn updates off. Install .NET 4.6.1 or whatever the fuck manually with the offline installer.

No bullshit, no tracking, no issues, no games stopped working, just fucking flawless computing.

How about from download center, one by one? Manually that is.

There is a service pack now
But malaware remover is a standalone
DO NOT INSTALL IT, it will break your pc
In fact turn off the automatic search after you finished installing sp1 or you will get a overflow something

Welcome to the botnet