/hsg/ Homescreen General

Last thread died or hit limit. Feel free to yell at me if I got the title wrong or something. First post.

Mine isn't aesthetically pleasing by most people's standards, but its pleasing to me. Gotta love simplistic retro.

Most recent rice

Navigation icon is bus/train timetable
eBooks icon is Tachiyomi

HAHAhShHAHhajahajsjshaHAHA hahahaahagahahhah holy shit I never cringed so hard to a homescreen

R8 please.

niceu desu

nice picture, though I think you should use 'square' created by the lantern poles and the horizontal like of the clock more. Fill it up. Perhaps by moving the date above the line and the time inside the box, then increasing font size

your apps in the bottom ought to have a box or oblong hexagon around them imho.

Maybe swap the positions of the camera and text icon, I dunno the camera icon looks off to me somehow, probably because it uses brown and I don't like the way it looks with the dominant colors of the background. Though I seem to have no such intuition with the game controller and firefox icon colors. I dunno. maybe manually change the icon's color somehow.

Here's mine. Made it a day or so ago, posted before and made adjustments. Rate back please.

R8
Using Nova beta for the pixel style launcher

is the one on the left a lockscreen? if so, does it unlock with a swipe pattern even though dots and lines are hidden? that would be cool.

I like it clean and simple. Evie Launcher.

It looks very nice. Only complaint I have is that the clock looks off center. The background and widget and app colors mesh very well. Solid 9/10 imo.
Thank you for the feed back.

Don't know about the icon placement. at first I thought that the icons were simply misaligned. Then I looked closer and I see you're using a bottom tray thingie with the carat symbol being for the app drawer?

Unless you have multiple pages, what's the point? If it's for the purpose of emulating the google pixel look, you should make the icons slightly larger and close the space between the top and bottom row.

Or you can turn the bottom row into app folders, you can use the common feature where the icon looks like the two icons on top of eachother or next to eachother, but I'd suggest just making it so the folder's icon looks like chrome, but when you click it you can select chrome or Sup Forums. For sms->sms or messenger, photo->camera or gallery. etc.

>virgin
At least you're on the right carrier.

thanks for the feedback. I think I'll reduce the font size on the left so the left side of the clock looks less crowded in comparison of the right, indeed.

nothing much to say for a minimalist design like this.

Only concrete way to improve it imho is to google similar images to the background image and, use photoshop to change color and lighting on the image. So that based on time of day, the image is either flooded with yellow or reddish light during day/dusk, or the image is dark the way it is now at night. The icons at the bottom should change as well, colored at day with the shadow effect following the trajectory of the offscreen 'sun'.

Too much anime

no such thing

I think it's perfect

what icon pack?

I would like to get something like this, but I have a samsung so the bottom three buttons are not on screen and it would be dumb to have additional on screen. Is it possible to get them without?

Something like what? You didn't tag anyone and we all have different shit.

In any case the bottom three buttons are hard-coded into android, they're not part of the customization. If your phone has hardware buttons, those will not show, so you're fine.

it's retrorica

thx