IPhone sales falling off a cliff

>iPhone sales falling off a cliff
>iPad business getting disrupted by Surface
>Mac division relegated to interns
>Apple Watch continues to be a bad meme
>Project Titan is basically dead
how should they use their $230bn cash pile to get out of this mess?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp
macworld.co.uk/news/apple/apple-q4-2016-financial-results-iphone-mac-sales-down-again-3581769/
youtube.com/watch?v=kE0cqxBJJTA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>iPhone sales falling off a cliff

I think iPhone 7 Plus is still out of stock and you have to wake up at 6 if you want to have a chance at reserving and buying one. At least in Europe.

Disclaimer: my only source is istocknow.com and I know next to nothing about apple otherwise

They're trying to save face with the artificial scarcity tactic. Their earnings report shows that the iPhone 7/7+ has flopped.

>cash pile

18+ site

I don't think so. Both OP3 and iPhone 7 Plus have 3 weeks waiting time for a back order. What would that do other than day "Fuck it, I'll get something else then...".

Unless normies dig that shit.

Apple sucks now.

Even normies know that not having a headphone jack is stupid as fuck

Is there a waterproof phone that has one?

S7.
Not...

Just S7.

the Galaxy series has had it for at least the past two years and I think the Sony Xperia was the first to introduce it

S5 is waterproof and it has removable battery too.

going open source is the next, normies using ios on PC/phones

>-5%
>flopped
k

And the AirPods are delayed with no release in sight.

Remember, they said they won't release pre-order numbers.

>now

Why do these Apple-going-bad theads always avoid the obvious? Apple has a clueless cock-gobbling CEO, its that simple. A tech company cant survive with bad leadership. Why do you think Apple can somehow buy there way out of this and not replace the idiot running the company now????

The iPhone 5 and 6 both had bigger screens that their predecessors. That's one of the reasons I haven't ordered an iPhone 7 to replace my 6.

Everyone knows going for the iPhone 7 is stupid considering that in less than a year the 10yr anniversary model (iPhone 8?) will be out and be much better.
My 5S is still buttery smooth and hopefully will be good until next year. If not I'll just get a used SE or 6 until then

The iPad business is down the shitter because Apple didnt manage in 5 years after jobs death to combine MacOS and iOS.
iPad is too big for most iOS shit and cant run MacOS leaving it in the most retarded spot.

Meanwhile you can use all the software you know and love on your surface because they realised that RT is a fucking retarded idea.

I work for Apple in the iapps department (business software)

I'm not versed in the sales, but internally I can say that not many of us are particularly excited with the new devices. I was going to use my employee voucher on the new MacBook, but now I'm likely just going to buy a 5k iMac.

Apple has not been the same since Jobs died.

What didn't you like about the new Macbook?

I haven't looked too much into it honestly, I didn't even know there was going to be a keynote until earlier this week (Apple distinctly keeps employees from knowing what's coming around the corner unless they are working directly on it)

But the whole touchpad/strip or whatever is stupid. I know there's the option to not have it, but looking at the specs I'm concerned that the better screen with the 125% srgb spectrum might be walled off for only those units, but Apple isn't clear.

Also getting rid of MagSafe is stupid, and quite frankly if jobs saw these designs he'd have sent them back.

>q4 2016
>year is not over
i got some bad news for you

>not knowing the difference between calendar year and fiscal year
I have worse news for you, but sadly you're too underage to understand it

investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp

OS 11 for x86.

Hell if they would've done this back in Vista days they'd probably have double the market share now.

Literally none of that is true

Galaxy S5

they should invest all they got in shed business for their cuck hipster users.
iShed should be the product.
comes with 80sqft living space, iChasity, iPrep the Bull bundle, and iDildo.

all for 50 grand $. Solar powered of course.

Yah they should have kept MagSafe, or at least priced them reasonably.
Basically by adding the non-touchbar version they justified bumping the other two versions up in price. Guess I'll just build an hackintosh

by still losing less money than Samsung or LG

>black hand model
>he stole the AirPods

I miss him

Which fucking retard is making these.
They clearly showed you can customize that shit to whatever you fucking want.
Fanatic apple haters are 10 times worse than apple fanboys.

Make a smaller phone jack, sell a 3.5mm adaptor.

£££$$$ missed out there.

What's the meme with the cameras?

They look pretty vunerable sticking out from the back like that. They'd scratch when placed on/slid along surfaces.

Yeah it's kind of shit design but you'd be a fool to own an iphone and not get a case for it

>key
>touchpad

>$230bn in cash
>in a mess

Are you being serious bro?

>Are you being serious bro?
Are you?
macworld.co.uk/news/apple/apple-q4-2016-financial-results-iphone-mac-sales-down-again-3581769/
>On 25 October 2016 Apple reported its financial results for its fiscal fourth quarter 2016, the quarter ended 24 September 2016.

>>iPad business getting disrupted by Surface

HAHAHAHUHUHAHAHAHA...
wait... Are you being serious?

Except it's fucking saphire and it's almost unscratchable
youtube.com/watch?v=kE0cqxBJJTA

>>$230bn in cash
>>in a mess
whore logic at its best

>iPad business getting disrupted by Surface
Is this what cucks tell themselves

Most of that cash is stuck sitting in tax havens overseas that will be taxed to shit by greedy jew governments.

Its alos a depreciating asset.

>how should they use their $230bn cash pile to get out of this mess?

Is it too late to clone Steve Jobs and put him back to work?

>daily reminder that Apple borrows money to pay dividends because its cheaper than using their own cash

>Project Titan is basically dead
le wat

Make a Steve Jobs clone.

Due to tax dodging. Now the EU is comming after that cash so expect apple to lose like 30% of 230 billion one way or the other.

The EU is just forcing Ireland to collect taxes from Apple. It's not even 10% of their surplus cash.

Literally every waterproof phones has had this jack

>>iPad business getting disrupted by Surface
Especially that low-cost entry-level Surface RT.
If ever there was a winner it's the RT. Right up there with the Zune and "PlaysforSure".

you know it friend!

MS rocks!

The iphone 5c
The applewatch
the macbook
the iphone 7

They had this shit comming

>falling off a cliff
It just fell to the ledge below, overlooking the beach bonfire of Samsung phones.

Are you that out of the loop, RT devices haven't been sold in several years.

The non-pro Surface is x86 too... it's straight up the most versatile tablet in that it runs all win32, Metro apps and Linux software.
If you really wanted you could run OSX in a VM - can't do that on an iPad.
Can't even do it easily on an Android tablet - all I need to do on Surface is install Virtualbox or VMWare (don't even really need to that - hyperV works fine too) and get on with installing the OS.

Bring back the iPod Classic with 256GB SSD.

bait

Invest in some patents for a change and maybe, just maybe, they will introduce a 'new' product

steve jobs wife is also dating a nigger.

apple is doomed.

>not getting the se

come on

Best phone by sammy sung

>believing its sapphire

Feel bad for Steve Jobs. He honestly thought he married someone who wasn't a gold digger.

He lost yet again to Bill Gates in life and everything.

Is now the time to sell my 2013 rmbp?

Selling to google

Wait until Apple depletes their existing stock of rMBPs, then sell to desperate hipsters.

And or firing Tim cook and refusing him pension it's been down hill the entire time he has been in charge

That phone on the left isn't real, right?

me too user, me too. He was meticulously pedantic about his products so I'd love to see him reacting to design decisions Apple made over past few years.

I do slightly, since hes been gone design has went to shit on iboners, lot less new stuff and fucked usability. Madman but did something ok

Buying all the stocks of Super male Vitality™

Ps : can someone post me the ideal phone design according to Sup Forums ?

Always makes me laugh.

It's the Xiaomi Mix I think

yes because supply isn't artificially shortened ever

please consider using your brain before posting

Use $230B for paranormal research and resurrect Steve Jobs

Better chance of that actually happening than the current crew at apple producing based on what the user needs. If I see one more feature to help me use emoji, I'm going to shit on Tim Cook's desk.

All they had to do was create an osx tablet

by putting out proper fashion accessories with differentiated iconic design

That's all the company was about. They stopped putting out properly designed items and made garbage choices with practically every line. All they had to do was keep a good looking product with standard features that looked different enough to differentiate it from the previous generation

My Galaxy S5 has taken more showers and swims than I can count. 3 years and still kicking. Plastic frame has keep the screen intact even after some pretty brutal drops.

The iPhone has always had a horrible focus on form over function. Various Android phones have caught on with normies for various reasons; removable batteries, waterproofing, phone to phone charging, etc. 4.4.2 was proof that Android was a viable option for Average Joe after a long string of mediocre releases.

Please dear god weasel your way into 1 Infinite Loop and take a giant steaming shit on his desk. Or somewhere.

I NEED to read that story on ars.

If I had some more disposable income I'd just buy whatever new mac there is. They are beautiful computers and I don't want the company to fail.

But they have got to do something new and beautiful. Thin laptops aren't gonna cut it. They need to pivot. They're billions and billions should be able to churn out something interesting.

This