I am a small artist that makes absolutely no profit from what I do. I just enjoy it...

I am a small artist that makes absolutely no profit from what I do. I just enjoy it, I use all pirated software and even pirated plugins.

Being honest, would they even care if some little guy making $60 from a 4 minute video where I use a video effect from some effect suite for even a few seconds?

I have released many videos for small to no profits using pirated shit. I am no company or making thousands or even millions, just a small time guy who does video work for fun

You are easier to sue than company making millions so you would tear your ass apart. Just use FOSS

How would they even know that I am using pirated software tho

I'm an artist too.
I'm a performance artist. People hire me to fulfil their fantasies. Their deep, dar fantasies.

In this day and age, don't use anything that can get you in trouble with companies. They all have massive legal teams and you are just one man.

True but how would they know

Metadata, the videos you export have the md5/hash/etc of the license you're using, if someone get those and alert them you're in for a world of shit.

Once its uploaded to youtube or hell even converted, that would go away

They could get the cyber police to back trace your IP address from this post and geo-triangulocate your position and then send an ass ramming squad round to ram yo ass then sue you

they will find clues in videos you have edited and published.

Gotta kms

Its complicated, but you should already know from the windows 10 threads that Microsoft takes metadata and logs from your computer and upload it to its servers. They can report it to the responsible company and possibly disable it if they deem it illegal. If you are using GNU/Linux, by uploading videos to youtube, they will use the metadata you upload like what said.
Youtube is closed source, you don't know that.

What you're doing is like recording an album with stolen musical equipment.

Use Open Source Software. If you're dependant on a single peice of proprietary software, then you're not an artist.

Except it's not because he didn't steal anything.

If you go ask /p/ about pirating software they'll all say pay for it. Your talent is being enabled at least partially by the tools you are using. If those tools cost money you should rightfully pay for them

Fuck all these niggers. I pirated all my software for a decade while working in visual fx. They won't trace you, they don't care about one man outfits. If your running a studio on pirated software you might eventually get in trouble if someone grasses on you but your situation. You'll be fine i promise.

They analyze the video file for the fingerprint they put on pirated video exports

>geo-triangulocate
pls teach me

>someone grasses on you
Interesting word usage there. When did "grass" become a verb?

post your work

You're also an anime fag and probably a nigger so you should fucking kill yourself.

Brits use this word, at least in scotland

>>>/reddit/