SQT (stupid questions thread)

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ydlmOyFAbSE#t=48s
pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-zen-processors-launching-early-2017/
docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/data/numberformat.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's a good basic USB audio interface with balanced outputs?

Retoast question for new thread:

Problem with foobar waveform seekbar being stuck a certain color

HOW DO I STOP TYPING CAPITALS?
EVERYTHING IS CAPITAL LETTERS!

Stupid weaboo

had comcast 100/15
but they cheat the bill so i told them to fuck off
got frontier 12/1
meh...
now have metronet 1000/25
but for some reason Sup Forums is slower on my gigabit connection than it was on either of the slower connections.

WHY? & how do i fix it? can i fix it?

Why is America botnet?

Hold down the shift key when you want to type lowercase.

>get ideapad 110 for college classes
>comes win windows 10 because lol
>trying to install windows 7 for obvious reasons
>freezes at "Starting Windows" screen when booting from CD
>can't be bothered to make bootable usb for this
Any ideas, Sup Forums?

install fresh main disk
install win 7

Genius
I'll just install windows 7 through my PC and pop the new drive into the laptop
Thanks user

tell hiro to stop being a megajew with servers
also
routing

Nearly 48 hours and my amazon order of a rx 480 hasnt shipped

What would cause this?

How do i delete the file d and skyrim temp?

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\d\Skyrim Temp Directory\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier\Glacier

If there was only a service where you could contact people with first party knowledge on the matter

>mocks a stupid question on sqt

Hola Reddito

move the folder to desktop, then delete it

How would random people on the internet,that dont have any association with amazon in any form,have any insight on the matter?
Contact amazon, its just that fucking simple

You seem kinda autistic desu

it's the sqt, not the Icancounttopotatothread

if I install xubuntu 16.04 LTS
do I need to take some steps to prevent some upgrade to 16.10?

... What?

don't think so quadmaster, you should be good till lts runs out, then switch to whatever the current lts is at the time. it's also worth noting that since with lts you need to reinstall every few years since upgrading is usually counter indicated, putting home on a separate partition is a good idea

what what? this is the thread for stupid questions, not the thread for questions that could only come from someone who can count to potato

16.04 wont ask to upgrade unless you flip off the LTS option.

Can someone help me with BSOD troubleshooting?
>pic related
>Hal.dll, so I'm told hardware or drivers.

I have tried:
>running prime95 for 9 hours straight, no issues
>running memtest for 200% coverage twice, zero errors
>running GPU stress tests, no crashes
>running dskchk on all disks, zero errors
>resetting overclock settings to default clocks
>reinstalling windows and updating all windows updates
>updating all drivers
>all temps perfectly fine

I'm out of ideas. I thought it was only BSODing during games, but my most recent was while only using Chrome to browse Sup Forums. Can anyone offer any further suggestions for diagnosing this shit? My only avenue left is to just buy new parts and pray.

impossible to reach facebook staff, so i ask here:
how is [pic] not approved for an ad?
the auto-bot tells me it's because there's text.

what fucking sense does it make to PAY REAL MONEY to share a fucking image?

trying to create LEADS, an image with no words means NOTHING!

is FB just being arbitrary, or is there some reason that web ads should not contain text?

i just can't wrap my head around it. why is text bad?

I have an i3-4130 paired with a 660. I'm thinking of getting an i5-6500 and a 470. Will this be suitable to run most modern games at a good frame rate @ 1080p/medium settings? (144hz monitor)

You do realize that with the amount of shit Sup Forums buys from Amazon, there's a good chance that someone else has had the same problem as him? Amazon support is slow as fuck

Doesn't seam to work the same message pops up saying the file name is longer than supported by the file system. I have tried changing each folders name to 1 but its hell

Because they do not want images to contain text. They want the image itself and the text to be separate. Vote for the God-emperor, and everything will be fixed.

Windows kernel is fucking up for whatever reason, usually is because bad RAM but you just ran memtest showing it isnt.

If you have 2 sticks use only one.

>good frame rate @ 1080p/medium
yes
>144hz
no

you might be able to hit 144fps if you go low/play old games tho

most games should play ok.
just don't expect uber-settings or awesome fps.
if you just care about the content, storyline, etc... it shouldn't be a problem.
but if occasional tearing or fps dips are your bane, got for at least a 980

but there are several possible reasons, so any answer he gets here is pretty much just blowing smoke up his ass

can you delete the containing folder? or its containing folder, or its containing folder..............

but WHY?! what could be a logical reason?

Yeah I mostly play competitive CS, some occasional Civ 6. Usually only run super intensive games when I want to run the computer for it's money right after the build

What the hell is going on exactly with this giant attack across the US/outages? I've heard conflicting shit about fiber cords cut, and some made up sounding bullshit about random peoples routers being used to attack.

inb4 it's some ICANN related shit.

No I have attempted to google it and got no where, ended up isolating the folder structure in its own directory but again its like its duped it self so many times that anything I do to any folder even the one at the lowest level results in the message

g2g, UK, its late. will check this thread later if it hasn't 404ed. ty for the input though

i have prime. i ordered some prime items recently.
order on monday, promised delivery on wednesday.

on wednesday, no package, check tracking, see schedule to deliver friday.

jump on amazon support chat, talk to habib/pajeet/rashesh or some shit.

they just sit there like a bump on a log while i explain my frustration (they won't offer to do anything)

have to say: well, what are you gonna do to make it right?

they offered to extend my prime by 1 month for free

i counter: rather have 50% off that order i placed

then they did! and package actually arrive thursday.

looking for a program similair to windows fillder 2, that captures web traffic on explorer.

I know wire shark, but hear there's a problem with SSL encryption.

I need to catch all post data

32 bit windows?
toss in trash, get new pc 64 bit

Is there anyway to control my Windows 10 laptop using my phone securely?

guy in this video is somehow copying his account to a new phone

is that a new thing?
what stuff will it copy?

youtube.com/watch?v=ydlmOyFAbSE#t=48s

I've tried a few different memory configurations. One stick in 4 different slots. Even bought new memory, tried that in 2 different slots.

I'm starting to think my motherboard has shit the bed.

today i noticed youtube would sometimes be slow/laggy or go green screen
also some gifs had like big black squares at parts in first loop they got normal when it repeat tho
my pc is 2 months old and it never happened before
is it the gpu?
I played like 3 games today didnt notice anything
what do?

>when the mod fucks up recursion logic and creates a subfolder hell

That's actually pretty funny.

turn it off and on again

network, clearly...

LAN, home group, gotomeeting, many options

did this last night for my mom's s3 to s4

just install 'smart switch' from samsumg
and also sync google account on both devices

Because they want to stop le terrorists

felt kinda like a browser problem too
chrome stuck one time and had to restart it

There's an official Remote Desktop app for mobile devices.

That'll ensure you're not installing 3rd-party firewall pokers.

Just went to this website by a mistake:
osap(dot)ca
Can anyone check it out and tell me if it infects your computer?
I also check it from smartphone and it had a pop-up saying my phone was selected as a winner and then there was a spinning wheel with prizes I could "spin", and a timer going down.
Is my PC infected? I'm using Common Sense 2016 and looks like I forgot to update to the latest database definition.

Can I plug an external 5400rpm HDD into an Android phone with a Micro-USB Type-B-to-Type-A adaptor? Will the phone be able to power the drive on?

So to elaborate more on my question. My LAB is a wireless and say for example I want to watch a movie that is currently playing on my laptop. Do you understand my question? Sorry for bad English. It's not my native language

Probably not

The website is called osap.gov.on LOL
Your phone should be fine. Your PC is probably not infected, unless something downloaded from this website.

Half off your order? How much did you pay, that was a lucky break mate

my dad left me some vinyls, what reproductor should i get for less that 150$?

type the name in to google, add "torrent" to the end of it, hit enter, and download a flac copy and listen to them

Will learning C help me hack games?

Micca MB42X + SMSL SA-60 amp

Yes

Why does the /sci/ board flash between showing nothing but a blank screen, and a half-loaded version of the usual theme?

It'll look normal enough if I manage to stop the thread loading early, but somehow letting it load fully fucks it up.

Those defender series cases are great, although if your phone heats up the heat will have trouble escaping and possibly start throttling.

I plan on buying a 6700k. Does it come with a cooler? Can I use my actual AMD FX-6350 stock cooler in the meantime, if I have to get one?

At what point? So far I'm on bit operations

My tp link wifi adapter works slow af and disconnects, I tried to ping localhost and I have 0% packet loss. What could the cause be? My ISP?

I'm using windows 10 and the model of the pci card is TL-WN881ND

>Does it come with a cooler?
nope

>Can I use my actual AMD FX-6350 stock cooler in the meantime
nope

would wait for Zen though
even though I today build 6600k build with freezer i11

never had trouble with over heating S3, S4, maybe some shitty phones have issues, or maybe you are in a hot climate. i don't play intensive games on my phones. that may be the difference too. i've dropped my S4 in a defender case from atop a 14ft tall load of lumber while tarping (flatbed trucking). it hit the pavement, no damage. ZERO

>would wait for Zen though
When will that be? I'm doing some neural network work and need to uipgrade as soon as possible...

2.4ghz?
likely lots of traffic.

go with 5 ghz setup

Non-extreme editions have a stock cooler included, albeit a shitty one that can only handle stock frequency.

And no. AMD coolers have different mounting points than Intel ones.

Q1 2017

They keep pushing the release date back, at the rate they're going it probably won't come out 'til summer 2017.

What could be the reasons for a long login time when connecting to a server via SSH keys? Long as in about 10 seconds

I have 8gb ram and I've never had these problems but I keep getting low memory warnings and it's really starting to cause problems. Shit keeps crashing even when I have very few things open. What can I do to fix this? I feel like theres something taking up a lot of ram. I once changed settings so my taskbar has reserved ram but I have no idea how to change it back. Any help?

It's a RAM issue.

Thank you all. I guess I'll have to get a cooler too.

they dont really
juts because you read somewhere on some blog that zen will likely come in the second half of 2016 it does not mean AMD said it

here is latest news directly from AMD
>AMD confirms Zen processors launching early 2017

speculation:
>The Zen desktop CPUs are expected to launch around January's Consumer Electronics Show, alongside the new X370 motherboards. High-end motherboards and Summit Ridge CPUs are expected to be a little later.

pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-zen-processors-launching-early-2017/

I think its a W10 problem. I've heard of a few people having exactly the same issue.

Running "sfc /scannow" in elevated command prompt seems to elevate the issue for a while, but it will come back.

Using CCCP, audio on the left will play (horribblesubs mkv), audio on the right (blu ray rip) mkv just opens and stays on a black screen. I'm not sure what the issue is.

In Bongland, how much of a discount on hardware can I expect to see on hardware?

I used some lighter Otterbox for my S4, but am using a Defender for my Note 4.

I don't play phone games. There's foam on the inside back of the case to keep the phone in place and also for shock absorption.

The downside is only heat if you try to run too much at once. It won't be a problem when I get around to limiting how much actually runs.

Once my new SD card arrives I'm going to root it and install Greenify with Xposed to stop apps starting on their own.

But yeah, great cases. The idea of something sharp hitting the big screen makes me anxious, but damage is MOSTLY covered with these things.

This is using WMP, btw.

Have you checked running programs?

I have 4GiB RAM on my Win10 machine but it's not displaying low memory or anything.

If there are no suspicious programs gobbling up RAM, run memtest. It might be the RAM running wonky.

From where, you dingus?

UK is expensive as fuck thanks to high taxes and brexit.

I can't, just tell me how to solve this

That depends on whether you factor in what they set the original price as.

I managed to get a good deal on a stock OC'd 980 ti with an aftermarket cooler after the 1070s came out. Beat its price:performance ratio by a wide margin.

Deals are really about timing, but don't pick a sketchy site just because of the price or you're going to have a bad time.

Also an user recently confirmed my suspicions that CPUs don't really drop in price significantly.

Fuck, I forgot to put "on black friday". God, I'm an idiot.

Oh! Black friday was a flop last year. Wait for prime day (if youre a member).
I got some cracking deals .

Thanks. I think you meant alleviate.

I have. Nothing takes up that much.
>run memtest
How?

How does one properly format a long string of text in Java?

For example, using printf and string formatting i want my output to look like:

> The distance between 5,7 and 1,4 is: 5.000

But I can't figure out how to do it. I was barely taught the basics of printf and string formatting, and I understand how to do shit like

System.out.printf("Total: %10.2f: ", dblTotal);

but I can't figure out how to do that with a line of text that stretches that long.

> my variables for the first set of points are x1 and y1

> my variables for the second set of points are x2, y2

> my variable for the answer is calculateDistance

please help Sup Forums ;_;

for example, this is the best I can do

System.out.println("The distance between " + x1 + "," + y1 + " and " + x2 + "," + y2 + " is: " + distanceCalculation);

how do I format this with printf and string formatting so that it looks like same way except that my result has 3 decimal places and my sets of coordinates only use 0 decimal places?

Google is you are friend
docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/data/numberformat.html

The same dumbass from earlier
>installed laptop drive into pc
>installed win7 on laptop drive
>installed laptop drive back into laptop
>freezing at "Starting Windows :^)" screen
>kill me please
How can I figure out what's happening? Any ideas?
I ordered an SSD to go with it since hard drives in laptops is dumb as hell, but it's arriving 7 days from now

anyone?