Why are all tech "news" sites such trash?

why are all tech "news" sites such trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

wosland.podgamer.com/how-911-killed-videogames-journalism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because if they say bad things about the products they review, they won't get invited to any more exclusive reveals or industry events.

Your first mistake was thinking that tech news sites are real journalism.

>why are all (((news))) sites such trash?

ftfy

there was a mac shill on theverge that ended up working at apple.

Because they aren't news sites, they're advertising sites. They write good "articles" about products because companies have either paid them to or because they want the companies to send them more free stuff in the future.

I actually trust you guys on here more to give advice about products than tech "news" sites.

Can I edit videos better on this Feels good machine?

I wouldn't be using hyperbole at all when I say that Verge is an actual Apple marketing website. Their only reason for existing is to boots Apple sales by explaining how amazing every Apple product is. There are plenty of good tech websites - Ars Technica, Phone Arena etc. Don't insult them by comparing them to Verge

>reading the verge instead of ars technica

>Arse Technica
>Ass Technica

What a name

Last time I went on ars technica, there was a long ass fucking article on the front page about one of the writers complaining about how he's on layover at some fucking airport and had absolutely nothing to do with technology.

It was just him bitching and moaning about having to listen to 80s music at the airport bar he was in.

its called advertisement.they just masquarade it as news.almost every report of theverge is an ad.either for apple samsung or google.sorry for bad english

This. Then wonder why gamergate was such a thing after the collusion was proven real. Oh wow, the mainstream media tried to equate everyone in gamergate as racist/sexist/misogynist/etc. It's almost like the perfect way to get normies to distance themselves from those telling the truth.

j e w s ??

who the fuck reads that marketing pamphlet anyways?
i literally found out about it on Sup Forums cause of all the shills and fanbois

>SjwVerge

>looks and feels so good it's unreal

is this really what modern day journalism has become? it sounds like a reddit post.

Yep -- news outlets are basically dead.

Try something like BBC, where the state actually pays a fair wage for journalists to produce actual journalism.

Most other places are paying shit wages to writers who can't actually get a job writing copy for advertising or corporate literature.

AT is at least worth reading for the occasional forced review where the writer clearly doesn't want to bother. Other than that, you can get the filtered version of their shit from Slashdot with much less visual bloat.

I kind of half believed BBC was good until I started listning to them daily. Just as biased as all of the other ones. You have a serious perception problem if you think BBC is "good."

why do you read trashy websites, OP?

i have no sympathy for you faggots browsing the verge and whatnot. you people know they're choking on apple's dick. stop acting like this is being forced upon you. you keep going there.

i have no idea what you're talking about but my guess is he was probably talking about how shitty airports are for people traveling with tech (poor wifi, lack of power outlets, etc...) and your autism just fixated on the music and bar.

>why are all tech "news" sites such trash?
because theres only "tech news" one every 5 years or so.
They are trying to satisfy an audience that tries to see new content on their site literally multiple times a day.

No, there was no tech in the article at all.
In fact, I can't find it anymore, it was probably deleted.

ok sure.

I just googled MacBook Pro to look at the headlines

You should be able to find it in the Web Archive. I want to see this too.

you don't use an rss feed aggregator?
you literally just google a topic and then click on all of the headlines?

you actually deserve this shit more than i thought you did before.

You're assuming too much. I clicked on this one because I thought the headline was the dumbest fucking shill shit I've ever seen.

>Autism

>consumerist trash
>wonders why it's bad

you tell me?

Because you keep giving them views.

The news is always reliable, some people are just dumb bigots who disagree.

looks like nice DSL's

But honestly MS's product reveal stole a lot of thunder away from this new macbook

you're right. i did assume too much. i assumed you wouldn't deliberately seek out shit that would just annoy you. i guess i should know better, since you post here.

It didn't happen.

Modern journalism is what you get when you hire people who are socially capable and fit into trends, but have absolutely no knowledge about the subject they report on.

is this true?

i mean, it's objectively unreal?

NPR and Reuters are decent for general news.

no

ok

The Verge is what you get when macfags get so annoyed by macfags (engadget) that they split off and become ultra macfags.

Can you give me a quick red pill on what gamergate

I tuned out after seeing that it was just about a slut

SJW's got triggered because a woman was attacked for lack of integrity and everyone thought it was funny so they poked fun at them for months.

> The Verge
ISHYGDDT

Too much to go into but pic related will give you the gist of it.

i remember that article as well because the author said or insinuated that he thought Tom Petty sucked and i just stopped reading

I've only really been to International airport hubs but there are always rows of seats with outlets and the wifi is fast.

woahhhh that's an awesome story!

I know I should write for Ars.

you should go do it! whatever gets you off of Sup Forums

>iVerge

State-sponsored journalism is better but can lead to non-free journalism

They write articles like this because they feed off consumer hype. Apple drones hyped about new products are going to want to justify their hype with positive articles of the new Apple feature, so they will give articles like this many a clicks.

In reality any sensible person that gives a shit about functionality knows how retarded of a gimmick this is.

Although I don't doubt the journos over at Ars and other "techie" sites know as much about using computers as gaming journos know about playing video games.

All "journalism" is an arm of controlled marketing narrative. It's a fucking gold mine.
It's unreal how many people base their opinions on shit some jackass wrote on his website.

Because they also cover video games, and you know what that means. At least I hope you know what that means.

It's about vidya, but this still gives the long-short of it:
wosland.podgamer.com/how-911-killed-videogames-journalism/

You don't pay their bills, the ad-man does. Therefore their loyalty is to him.

What's going on in this, why are they holding their hands up except for that one girl

It's a protest about some black guy that a cop killed because he couldn't breathe or some shit. Never mind all the white people that are killed by cops or by blacks disproportionately every day, no. That shit doesn't make the news.

Don't they teach you in elementary school to put your hands around your neck if you can't breathe?

The cop probably wouldn't have killed him if he did that.

He was some criminal piece of shit anyways and he had some health problems that led to a freak accident. Nogs and their sympathizers went nuts over it regardless.

The BBC is literally cancer, run by rightwingers masquerading as leftwingers who sign on off endless shows about how rising house prices are a good thing, pricing the majority of U.K. Residents out of houses they live amongst.

Also pretty much every new presenter on the BBC now has to be either/or/and:
>in a wheel chair
>any other skin colour than white
>hate even discussing Brexit
>love Britain's glorious past as a previous world leader
>hate Britains glorious past as a previous world leader

>BBC
>right wing

Yeah, no. BBC is chock full of left-wing cultural marxists

>liberal
>cultural marxist
>not right wing
I bet you think the Democrats are leftists too

hahahah okay kiddo, back to Sup Forums

the verge is so terrible
it's just a trade magazine
in a trade magazine, they tell you what is relevant to your industry, so everything is 'good'

how many Verge game reviews are: 'nothing has changed much, but that's just what we want' or 'same formula, but somehow it works!'

misses the point entirely of what a review should be

but hey, they have pretty graphics, 20 articles when three or four would suffice, and people FEEL like everything is good, so it must really be good, right?

same with polygon, same shit.

how many times can you review a slab phone and pretend like there is any difference at all between that and the next between a little speed here or there? the use case is literally the same.

yet every black berry article begins with 'OH HEY, THIS COMPANY IS STILL AROUND, HOW SURPRISING' and every apple article begins with 'WE ALL KNOW APPLES STORY OF SUCCESS, LETS RECAP IT HERE!'

yeah well i'm getting a master's degree in mathematics, and you're spending all your time deciding whether a for-profit entertainment news company is in line with your political opinion or not

>implying not all of them a piece of shit for advertising garbage whoever pay for it.

If it's free you are the product and this apply painfully well with (((tech))) """news""" sites.

Damn man, i mean i agree, that photo is ridiculous. But shit, all lives matter arguments are fucking dumb.

you know what also doesn't make the news? the time a cop didn't shoot a black person.

that happens way more often than a black guy getting shot.

null hypothesis, gents

>how to wreck tripfags

Because they're ad supported

Ad supported sites do not host good content. They ARE ads. Ads for ads. They expend the least effort needed to get views so people see the ads that generate profit for the owners, and that means vapid articles about popular shit. Apple is popular shit and bans you from their events if you don' suck their cock. So, ad-supported sites suck apple's cock because it's a quick and easy way to make clickbait.

The "evaluation/review" models they get are just the icing on the cake

Tldr:
A bunch of degenerate men offer a girl sex in return for a trophy
She takes it, but she has a boyfriend
Nerds get mad because it could happen to them
It turns out the girl who was totally the prime mover despite being a random slot and the five dudes who totally weren't at fault despite having the power in the relationship (feminist theory here, lol) had connections across the internet "news" industry. Multiple sites published the same basic article for the sole purpose of defending this rando slut's reputation by simply distraction from the issue.
THAT inadvertently exposed the corruption everyone already knew existed
The association with angry nerds with commitment anxiety, however, rendered that fact a taboo subject

Some say the incident may never have even happened and that the entire thing was manufactured to secure these elaborate advertising schemes against criticism. Nothing penetrates the veil of postmodernist squabbling.

>Hey guys, don't these sites seem kind of off to you? It's almost like they're....
>Oh, so you're some gamergate misogynist huh?
>I BET THAT SHITLORD DOESN'T THINK WE SHOULD HAVE ORGIES LIKE CHIMPS, FUCKING CHRISTIAN CAVEMAN
>WOMEN ARE WHORES MGTOW REEEEEEE
>FUCKING NECKBEARDS KYS #BRINGBACKBULLYING

>Never mind all the white people that are killed by cops or by blacks
No they don't

Cops kill way more innocent black folks, check the stats, nobody would care if it was a one time thing.

Nobody talks about random murders because it's not interesting, just like nobody talks about random whites killing random blacks.

[citation needed]

>unironically reading ars technica

No lives matter

If you can talk, you can breathe.

I checked the stats and it was the opposite

Blacks kill more blacks
Blacks kill more whites

In fact, the actual stats are probably why police treat blacks so poorly. They expect them to pull something underhanded and genuinely fear for their lives. Put a cop near a nigger and they go full nam with flashbacks to that one gangster who faked an asthma attack so he could pull a gun.

It really is no different than store reviews. Any reviews from Amazon Vine members should be taken with a grain of salt as they get the products for free and they're always 5 stars.

About what? Apple banning everyone that gives them bad press?

Look it the fuck up, this is Sup Forums, not debate class. You may use google.

The rest is pure theory, but likely theory considering these sites are BUSINESS ENDEAVORS that primarily survive off ad revenue and misc merch. That means they have to make more money than they spend in such short order that their weekly income rivals or exceeds that of some other professions!

there was a study done a few years back that showed that the BBC was the most impartial news outlet simply because the VAST majority of people felt it represented the opposite of their views, left wingers all thought it was right wing and vice versa.

I guess that's why I can't be bothered to find some other news website to read.

Well, the correlation was never proven beyond a reasonable doubt. With that being said, the hashtag and whole movement of gamergate has been doing nothing more then harassing feminists, journalists and people who speak up against it.
With lack of a coherent message and any attempt to make one being drowned by the thousands of cases of verbal assault, it's more then clear to me this is a farce and anyone kidding them selves by using it "for good" is being insensitive and naive.

This is a nice interview, it gives a fair voice to a dev and offers much needed clarity. But in light of what the whole movement has become I don't think we can call it overwhelmingly positive or even something to be condoned.

No wonder this place is going down the shitter. It keeps shilling the losing team.