Why is Apple so expensive compared a few years ago?

>Late 2008 13'' Aluminum Unibody MacBook (first unibody Mac laptop): $1,199 ($1,345 in 2006 dollars)

>Late 2016 13'' Touch Bar MacBook Pro: $1,799

Apple Tax has increased at least $450 on per laptop basis since 2008.

you're comparing baseline to non baseline.

the subject should read "why are people on Sup Forums so fucking retarded?"

No, that's the lowest price for the TouchBar model.

they sell one without the jizzbar

it's still more expensive

they sell one without the touchbar, dummy

You are comparing regular MacBook with Pro model.

You would need to compare it with either 12" MacBook or entry level Pro, both are $1499.

2008 MacBook would be ~$1450 2016 dollars with inflation adjusted.

So the price has hiked $50.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!

I BOUGHT A TOP SPEC MACBOOK PRO 17" NEW FROM THE APPLE STORE YEARS AGO AND IT COST ME AROUND 2000

THESE NEW MACHINES LOOK WORSE, HAVE LESS PORTS AND ARE LESS """""PRO"""" YET THEY COST MORE

They have a disturbing trend of needlessly jacking up the prices by changing the name:

>iPad Air 2 is the top end 9.7in model
>$499
>iPad Pro 9.7 is the successor, with moderate improvements you might expect from a successor (A9X, Pencil support, etc)
>$599

Now the Macbooks too. They basically created a tier of the Macbook Pro to replace the Macbook Air and the base cost went up by a few hundred dollars. This priced every Macbook Pro tier up another tier (i.e. the real entry level Pro, with the Touch Bar, being $1799).

go stomp around until your tantrum cools down, kiddo

>Late 2008 13'' Aluminum Unibody MacBook (first unibody Mac laptop): $1,199 ($1,345 in 2006 dollars)

Coincidentely, that's still my laptop.
Got one new, still just werks, but really needs an upgrade this/next year

I Wont' be buying a new macbook pro even when I upgrade though
>No physical escape key
>No taptic engine for touch bar
>No FUCKING MAGSAFE, WHAT THE FUCK APPLE?
>No USB-A

Surface Book is actually looking pretty neat, since it's essentially just a 2016 version of my 2008 Macbook.

This is what happens when you let that moron Jony Ive's off of his leash - because Tim Cuck has no idea how to control him like Jobs did.

The mac pro was such a failure they have to cover for it with their other product ranges, in this case the new macbook pro.

Base vs. Base has changed by ~$400 though.

What you're saying would make sense if Apple released a cheapo plastic version in 2008 and priced it $1,199 and had aluminum versions started at $1,599.

Big changes used to be applied across the board.

Now, new, big hardware changes are being confined to high-end, high-margin models, and a shit version without the big new feature is being produced just so that they can say "Starting at (price only $200 higher than comparable Dell)" whereas in 2008, even the cheapest model had the big new shiny feature and was only about $100~150 more expensive than the comparable Dell.

Who will buy the Spaceship if Apple goes bankrupt?

It's one hell of a building...
>tfw Apple is spending more time and energy building their offices than actually making the products they need to sell to keep those offices.

The Church of Scientology

bump

>So the price has hiked $50.

And my wages have hiked $0.

When do I kill myself?

this isn't a real ad...r-r-right?

It might as well be if shillary becomes president.

*sigh* the title of this thread really should have read "why are people on Sup Forums so fucking retarded"

I think he said that sarcastically.

Because of Brexit. Those Brits really fucked our globalist overlords up good.

sarcasm doesn't travel well on the internet, and the escape hatch of "haha i was only pretending to be an idiot" is literally a cliché on Sup Forums.

>implying Apple quality isn't worth it
>implying Hillary won't make good on her promise to enforce #NoFlyZone in Syria

FSB (aka old KGB)

Sup Forums asylum escapee on Sup Forums today

Is it okay that I kind of like these propaganda posters? Heinlein Future > Orwell Future

I know I was shocked at the price, it fucking sucks I saved up all year for it with my shitty call center job and thought it would cost 1400 tops for the baseline but then it was 1700.

Man... fuck the model with no OLED bar I ain't going to be that guy who people spy on using a new MBP and then be all emasculated and embarrassed when they notice that I don't use that bar or have Touch ID either because I am so wretchedly poor.

Does it really count as escape when they leave the front door open?