What went wrong?

What went wrong?

memeworthy battery life

There wasn't really a market for it. It didn't do much that you couldn't do with a phone.

Also, a lot of places started discouraging people from wearing them citing privacy concerns.

too early for it's time
screwed up execution

Embarrassing to wear

Wearable tech is fucking stupid.

bulky invasion of privacy
plus it makes you look like a dumbass douche

looks autistic.

because people came into your place all the time wearing one right? no retard. you have no expectation of privacy in public places.

Who else is going to buy Google contact lenses?

why the fuck are even mad at me? i was only answering why it failed you fucking gook

It made some people become aware that they're being filmed 24/7 and that made them uncomfortale

Nothing really went "wrong." It was a solution in meed of a problem.

even normals realized they didn't want to be a walking surveillance camera

Google is only going to get worse with the amount of advanced sensors they're going to try and market (see project tango and current practices with google services as quick examples )

It's nice to have products do your data gathering for you as opposed to going out and doing it yourself.

Glass had no class.
Hololens is the way to go

Wtf are you guys talking about, google glass was a hit. Not for average consumers, but for med students and engineers, they're already working on glass V2.

Google engineers made the mistake of thinking everyone was autistic as them.

That's exactly what he's saying asshole, nobody's privacy was being invaded. Learn how privacy works and then come back.

The camera was the main issue. It made people nervous

Ridiculous company with 12 layers of management just between the janitor and interns founded by two nerds who didn't know how to into company, built largely by a greedy mole from Sun into a frankencompany which can't create anything of value by itself and exists merely to consume other companies, suck their spirits out, and absorb them.

The ONLY thing of value Google ever did was their search engine. They have not done a single thing to create value for anybody other than their search engine. Nobody has proved me wrong as long as I've been saying this.

>b-b-b-but... andwoid!

Bravo, they ported linux to a small computer.

GOOGLE'S PROCESS

1) Hear about latest fad tech
2) Copy it and shill for it on their search engine
3) When that fails, try and buy your competition
4) If that fails, forget it ever happened, learn nothing, rake in more dough from ad money.
5) Go to step 1

They don't create anything of value for anybody. Even Chrome is shit. Fresh install has four or five different chrome.exe's running at 60k each. No thank you.

Invite only plus $1500 price tag, plus no public release fucking ever

this
consumer tech is bottom of the barrel anyways

>Med students

How would this benefit med students in any way ?

>in public place with friend
>recording all their conversations without their consent.
>not a violation of privacy

Apply some critical thinking.

I'm an engineer and my wife is in med school I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

>>in public place with friend
>>in public place
>>public

Americans are fucking retarded. MUH Privacy, yet uses instagram and facekike

Stupid people made loud mouth home noises, basically.
They're all morons.

Say that in 30 years, when pretty much everyone will be walking around with AR glasses on.

you legally waive your right to a certain definition of privacy in public settings

conversations in public settings fall under that definition

don't get me wrong, I'm all against headmounted surveillance cameras

what a disgusting future

>invasion of privacy
>everyone has a smart phone already which is the worst invasion of privacy a person can ever subject themselves to
why are normies so fucking dumb? lol

Privacy
Makes you look like a hacker of some sort
Battery life

There is no privacy expectation in public places dumbfuck. Look up what privacy is and how it works.

no, they didn't port it, they purchased it

Also if i wanted to record you without your knowledge i would use a hidden camera not a goddamn "giant" obviously visible camera which has a red light on while recording.

They fucked up the design

Should have gone with le space nigger design and played into how corny they look.

They were too early. AR hype train's only been seriously a-rolling since Pokemon Go

>caring about browser ram
>ignoring superior performance

fuck off freetard

It's too early for this type of tech, still too big.

This kind of thing needs to be completely discretely built into a regular pair of glasses. Not this giant metal band with fuckhuge white box on it.

I never got why he was blind, it was pointless to the whole Plot and it looked shit

Google got people begging to drop $1500 to alpha test a beta stage product.
Absolutely nothing went wrong.

They launched it small scale, took feedback, realized it was no where near a market ready product and went back to the drawing board. AR and VR are picking up a lot of steam right now, Google was a few years too early.

How many products has google actually stuck with and launched instead of just abandoning when they got too hard? Gmail, Maps, Android?

For fuck's sake, they just started laying off their Fiber staff because oops building infrastructure is complicated! Can't wait for their car to be killed off next.

>one of the wealthiest most ubiquitous tech companies in history
>durr google so retarded they cancel fiber haha dumb asses :)

>Google gives up everything they start when it gets tough
They never gave up their project to increase diversity in the workplace and that's succeeding

gimmick with memebattery and horrible design

Some people are born blind.

Look at it, retard.

Presented as useless social gimmick instead of focusing on the real good things it coul have been used for.
Also too expensive to be taken seriously.

It could have been used as HUD for firefighters working in an emergency zones, surgeons hand-free checking vitals of the patient and something from their folder without taking the eyes off the body, used to remotely instruct people that are doing delicate works requiring both hands.

Instead they pandered to social idiots that want to send messages and take photos of their food, whom are stupid but still not so stupid to spend 2 grands on a useless and ugly piece of tech.

Any other reason is marginal.

this

you nailed it.

You insensitive asshole. As already said people are born blind.

Check your privilege you sighted scum

In a public place people have some level of privacy, there are several laws about it in the US at least.
You can't just record a conversation between two people in a park

why not? its not illegal

MY EYES

>people have some level of privacy

wrong

>You can't just record a conversation between two people in a park

you can

anything done in public belongs to the public.

>you can
kys

>I don't like the law

Just like the flying cars the 80's predicted, right?

sorry to say that, but you can't dislike the law if you don't even know it

Not enough jews

nothing

this.

a HUD that could be supplied with proper glasses or sunglasses would sell

then why are you repeating over and over that "there are laws" if you don't know them?
there are: public interactions done in public places are public matter, there's no privacy due. If someone sees you fucking your girlfriend in public, albeit being a crime in itself, they can record it and you can't "MUH PRIVACY RIGHTS", neither force them to delete, much less take the recording device - that would also ammount as assault or robbery.

>thinks I'm that user
>thinks I meant I don't know the law

I've said it before to friends of mine and I'll say it again:
It should have been called Googley Eyes

>Fresh install has four or five different chrome.exe's running at 60k each
And that's where firefox is going to with e10s

nothing will come out of a project like this until the computer chips and the visor are small enough to be integrated within the lens.

If it's not subtle, is geeky.

When will Pixel become the next google failure?