Guts Thread

in the middle of everyone going Captain Brown Claw Stink Finger with the new Macbook Poo...

I noticed there was no guts thread. Let's fix this.

I feel like I'm losing the desire to constantly buy newer hardware.

we've reached the point where slightly older gear will last people for a long, long time yet. the immense increases in processing power in the past 6 years alone is why the PC market is dying-- the Internet and games are still able to take advantage of stuff from 2010 and up, and there are still businesses to this day running their crap on Core 2 business-class machines because they're cheap at wholesale and parts even cheaper-- because they're still everywhere, and they're perfectly fast enough for bean counters in cubicles.

the two ocz ssds are now getting really warm under load

I like these stealth rigs, is the blue light stock or did you add that?

haha not surprised dire SSD's

Flintstones. Meet the Flintstones.
They're the modern stone age family.
From the town of Bedrock,
They're a page right out of history.
Let's ride with the family down the street.
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet.
When you're with the Flintstones
you'll have a yabba dabba doo time.
A dabba doo time.
You'll have a gay old time.

Just finished this one yesterday, it's got a 12-core E5-2658v3

Sometimes I wish I didn't listen to Sup Forums and just got a micro ATX instead

Not only are your graphics card ugly bricks but your SLI connector is an ugly brick too

>Seagate
>Stickers on NIC etc
>zero clearance between gpu and PSU
>PSU way above needed wattage

mate what are you doing?

Flip your PSU upside down bruh, you're having it suck in hot air from your GPU.

I hope you aren't using that for anything desktop-y because it'll be slow as fuck.

Where are you guys getting those sexy white power supply cables?

You can get sleeved extensions that work on pretty much any PSU, or you can go the full custom route and have fully braided cables done, but that's pretty expensive, or you can do the work yourself and make some custom cables.

Sup bro
O shit, when did you buy the 2nd gainward brick?

You're right about the clearance, you can't even fit a sheet of paper between them. I'm planning on getting a blower card and flipping the PSU as soon as my old PC sells

Also, I got the board yesterday and didn't think to take the stickers off, and it's the PSU from my old dual Xeon PC (pic related) because it had two EPS connectors for dual CPUs

Have you ever considered spray painting the copper silver/black? It would probably look really good

Nope, if I would do anything with the copper i'd most likely polish it

Forgot to type. I dig the copper tubing. How much more difficult was it over flex tubing and what tools did you need?

It wasnt terrible or difficult, but it was tedious... Will never do a second time desu.
All you need is a tube bender and cutting tool

10/10 sleeper build

Gonna try putting a 120mm aio in this thing on monday when it gets here. Wish me luck anons.

I am aware I have to do some adjustments to the case to make it work. CPU is gimped to 3.7 because of temps.

4790K is at 4.8 on the main rig.

bump

Post CPU temps.

what cpu cooler is that

cryorig r1 ultimate

Just got some noctua redux case fans. For the money i'm very happy with them.

shit camera

>cryorig r1 ultimate

Looks really good, I just ordered an H7

which phanteks case is that? Looks very clean inside. I just bought a p400S for my new build after seeing one in person

phanteks evolv atx

Nice, that reminds me of the old Mac G5 cases which I love. The evolv is what I would have gotten if I had a bigger budget

Its very expensive for a mid tower but you are paying for the aluminum really. The fit and finish is perfect all round.

earlier this week, picked it up from the way home from work

>install card
>literally 3mm of room either side
>plug everything in and turn it on
>no signal
>sweat bullets for half an hour troubleshooting
>think i might have short circuited it
>finally get a display signal
>please connect external power
>check round the back of case
>8-pin isn't plugged into PSU

After I fixed that everything's been working great. Top card reaches 82c under load which is about what I was expecting. It's noisier than a single card but nothing intolerable.

Appreciate it, Cryorig is new to the scene but they're good at cooling solutions, this cooler's temps are on par with 240mm aios.