Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

is there a computer optimising software that isn't a scam?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:PPC/Working/USE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yea, it's called your brain.
Get to work faggot.

>computer optimising software
That phrase, with no context about what you are optimizing FOR, doesn't mean anything.

Performance optimisation, I thought it was pretty self explanitory

Gentoo
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:PPC/Working/USE

Yeah I'm really not all that skilled in the coding department, that's why I'm asking

Common Sense Advanced Edition has the ability to do this

The only thing that just werks is overclocking. If you recompile something with -march=native you might get a 1% increase in performance or something.

Memcache.
Readyboost/lvmcache if you somehow have a USB 3.0 and an IDE HDD.

buy a shitload of ram and run your whole system off a ramdisk.

What kind of performance? Processing? Storage? IO? Graphics? Network?

He's not kidding. Gentoo is exactly what you're looking for.

Nothing can optimize your processor with few exceptions that don't apply.
You could optimize the thing your system runs, but there are tools for that built into every os. It mainly consists of programs that waste your resources by running in the background.
Deleting cache and empty folders does nothing for the computer unless you're literally running out of harddisk space and are autistic about your dirtree.

Like general multi-tasking on a laptop. I can't upgrade the cpu or ram and I dont have enough money for a new laptop

How would I go about using gentoo? I don't have any experience with it

Best bet is probably to just reinstall the OS

he's talking about a fucking software that stop background process or prioritize performance resources to the fucking game he wants to play, jeez guys you never stop being dicks

CSense 20.17 Alpha version
It's better to learn how to avoid having to reinstall than to keep doing reinstallations once shit gets slow.

>It's better to learn how to avoid having to reinstall than to keep doing reinstallations once shit gets slow.

And that's why you're gonna install a bunch of crapware right?

Bonzi buddy

I love Bonzi buddy and how he used to talk to me, those were the days

>not just using gentoo where things never get slow
stay pleb

Just install linux, it doesnt need shitware to stay optimal.

hhahahahahhahahahaahahaaahaaahahhhhaaaahhhhhhhaaaaahhhha a aaa hhhh h.

no

Delete everything you don't really need.

Yes. LLVM-OPT is very good. You build your program to LLVM-ByteCode instead of a compiled binary. Then run the ByteCode with Opt. Provide a sample usecase/test data. LLVM-Opt will then take the bytecode+branching data+function call graph. And optimize your I-Cache layout, and provide better branch hinting.

Oh you mean proprietary software? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA