api.site.com/files/
api.site.com/files/create.html
github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/25640
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assignment_(computer_science)#Assignment_versus_equality
twitter.com/AnonBabble

groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-nuts/MHoI64RyRdY

need a new language. rust?

New tripfag rolling in

Are there any other concurrency-oriented languages similar to Erlang? Not just languages with some threading features, but ones designed with concurrency ingrained into the language itself.

Go. But I wouldn't touch it for the rest of the language.

>I'm having problems with one SJW language. Should I use another SJW language?

making a framework to allow me to control my rpi alarm system from home, this includes viewing the livestream and setting the alarm (which will text me a screenshot of what triggered it).

i've learned to love/hate android but i've taken a liking to python somewhat. using virtualenvs is pretty nice once you get the hang of it.

At this rate, if you want to avoid SJW-tainted languages you're going to be writing z80 assembly

>code of conduct workers should work on adding generics to compilers

>lol I'm such a nerd working on big name programming projects when I don't even have a programming degree
>*fires up notepad++*
>CODE OF CONDUCT RULE #1 NO BULLYING TRANNIES
>wow I'm so great, time to treat myself to 3 hams and then yell at people on reddit

What's wrong with that? z80 Assembly is sweet.

>i'm so hip with the oop and linq but also a really down to earth guy :)

But that's true. I also like C, I just don't like insufferable Ctards.

>need a new language. rust?
Just as SJW infested.
Avoid any language with an official 'community' (official website, logo, etc).

I was talking to someone at a tech conference who works at Microsoft's devdiv, and he was refreshingly racist. We had a grand time discussing our comical dealings with pooinloos.

.NET languages confirmed for based devs.

Thanks for the tip, my tumblr friends will have a field day with this. What was his name by the way?

John Smith ;^)

Sounds like a white guy. This should be good.

started with an 'a', i think. anders?

I have a small problem in learning with SICP in python.
I just can't seem to be able to import the .py file into the IDLE and work on the exercises and examples.
For an example, I have just skipped Chapter 1.6 because it is long and I can't just import the file I need to try out the examples.
How do you do it?

idgi

Also you can use colours to do that directly through erasure:
data Maybe (A :i U) : U where
nothing : Maybe A
just : A => Maybe A

Bool : U
Bool = erase i (Maybe _)

Makes it very convenient when you want checks to also optionally give proofs. You write them such that they give maybe a proof, and erase to end up with just a boolean check.

How to store hierarchical data in a relational database?

I don't know what you just said but it sounds offensive. Consider this a CoC warning.

What did he mean by this

If you're gonna use an English imageboard you've got to learn some fucking English
see

what did she mean by this

Use a language made for professionals

Catching linux kernel signals and modifiying program responses to them.

API-question.

I have an url like this:
api.site.com/files/id

which takes you to a specific file.

Now I want to provide a HTML representation of this which allows the user to create a file. Where should this be? Following REST, it should simply be posted at
api.site.com/files/

But with HTML, we need a place to set up the file before posting. Right now I'm thinking of setting up a HTML-only page at
api.site.com/files/create.html

which has a post form. This will be true for all data sets with the possibility to create.

Are there better ways? (Asking here because you guys know more than a certain other general)

Resign and find a less bloated software company

haskell has also parallelism

>tfw too intelligent to have real world applications

The html create page has nothing to do with the api, it is a user of the api and hence can be located wherever you want.

But that's demonstrably false.

>tfw too handsome to write native code

>common lisp
>multiple value return
who thought this was a good idea

I got bad news for you
github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/25640

Those high cheekbones suggest someone ideally suited to writing native code.

If X = X +1, then what is the value of X?

You should be able to solve this.

>While I can see the value of positive discrimination, and am generally in favor ...

>Also there were substantiated comments in the original PR about preferring she over they, which get un-addressed with this; not too fond of that bit.
That said, this has nothing to do with the language itself but rather a trivial part of the documentation.

X

>no mutable global variables in haskell
how the fuck am I supposed to keep some data around if not by adding the variable to every single function and passing it around (this is an ugly way tee bee age)

Depends on its type.

If X=X+1, then 0=1 (because X-X=1, and X-X = 0).
Therefore, since X = 1X, X=0X, and we can conclude that X (along with all other numbers) equals 0.

put all the variables into one record called State or something

This is for myself.

I'm aware, but I'm allowing it to exist on the same path as my page.

I really like it.

the new value of X is the old value of X + 1

How much of a difference does building with gcc 6.2.0 make over 5.4.0 and 4.9.0?

I'm using ffmpeg to encode about 4GB of videos to HEVC and it's taken like 5 hours on a i5 2.4ghz with 8GB RAM. Got me wondering if there were ways to make ffmpeg run faster for the same job.

wtf i hate imperative programming languages now

math usually does not incorporate a notion of time. variables don't update in any serious way

X = 1 + 1 + 1 + ...

(pic)

wrong

"Whitespace" is fucking offensive and should be referred to as "Space of a Non-determinate, Genetically Equal Colour"

Actually, it's even more general than that.
X = Y + 1 + 1 + 1 + ... for any Y.

>python
>wrong
pick one

The value of X is X, and your boolean expression is false.

Technically the value of X is some unknown memory address. I think what you're asking for is that value stored at that memory address.

example?

>completely and entirely context sensitive question
>deserves no replies
>still gets replies

what? literally just bundle it all up into 1 data type

how haskell handle config files?

so I'm wondering.
What prevents someone from making an IDE for a language inside a game like, say, wow? through a mod or addon. is it because they're too complex or because it's a security issue or something?
I am not a programmer so don't bully me too hard for my ignorance

When I introduced programing to one of my friends who studied mathematics, an expression just like that blew his fucking mind. He couldnt accept that the statement was an assignment and not a solvable equation.

reader monad?

>blew his mind
probably because it's retarded
you've literally undone years of teaching

even pascal didn't make that mistake, they use :=

Because programming faggots steal notation and terminology from mathematics and bastardize it to mean something different.

Space Engineers allows you to write C# in-game to script out actions performed by various pieces of machinery and whatnot.

Unless you actually mean an "IDE", which would be an entire GUI application within the game itself.

Monad?

What is that?

have you ever had a burrito?

I understand now.
Sorry for being retarded

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assignment_(computer_science)#Assignment_versus_equality

Yeah I'd like a full-fledged (or barebones, but still able to function as an ide) IDE that's integrated into the game GUI

:^)

A spacesuit full of nuclear waste wrapped in a tortilla. That is, a monoid in the category of endofunctors.

Okay?

Do you really want to be typing weird unicode combinations to use special snowflake characters to satisfy your autism, or do you just want to re-purpose the existing keys on your keyboard and use a slight ounce of your own context awareness?

See , although I do actually prefer things like Emacs' TeX input method. Also ad hominem.

>not following C
>special snowflake

some mathematicians use := for initial definitions, to distinguish them from assertions about existing things. what we don't do very much is "update" variables

You don't have to make the assignment operator an emoji to not have it be the same symbol as equality

show him monads

Tell me, can we make C great again?

>Because programming faggots steal notation and terminology from mathematics
DAILY REMINDER programming originated from mathematics.

Need a crash course in C++ for my assignment.

Only have Java and Python experience. What's a good book/course to get me started? Just want the syntax, do's and don'ts.

>le not reading le whole post face

False

Maybe.

False

Church > Turing

HOW

HOW COULD SUCH WEAK BAIT BE SO EFFECTIVE

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS MASTER BAITER

>being this low-energy
Say it like you mean it, Jeb.

If your friend had been any kind of advanced student of mathematics he would have had no problem with the concept of symbolic redefinition.

>thinking this is at all trivial

more directly originated from cryptography

>how could the same symbol have different meanings in different contexts this is madness

He must've had a hell of a time figuring out the difference between "your" and "you're" and "yore"

That's completely different
You fool

What does /dpt/ think about yaml?
Is it a worthy json successor?

yore mom is the fool