Who /jumpingship/ after that macbook monstrosity of yesterday?

Who /jumpingship/ after that macbook monstrosity of yesterday?
Pic related is what we shill from now on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q1T3QPCHJ9s
notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-960M.138006.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jumping ship from what?

You can't jump ship from something you dont even own.

Laptops are for filthy peasants.

xps has a retarded ugly bezel, I'd really prefer something that looks more consistent

>dual core macbook pros
>no macbook air
yup its over

why would u need an air if the normal macbook is air tier"?

I just ordered an XPS15 an hour ago. i7-6700HQ. 16GB DDR4-2133MHz. 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive. GTX 960M.15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160). £1495.

Same here. The new rMBP is simply unacceptable. Fortunately my current rMBP still runs fine and will be for another 3 years at least.

As far as alternatives go: Basically every other laptop looks like utter shit compared to what Apple does, so I won't go for that at all. If my rMBP would die right now (for reasons warranty doesn't cover), I would just buy a Thinkpad, fuck it. It's a shame about macOS, it's a nice OS, but I can live with Linux as well. Maybe I can get Adobe shit running in some form.

Good deal lad.

I would but everything else is just as shitty right now. Surface Book looks OK but a decent one is like 4000 bucks.

nice

>The new rMBP is simply unacceptable.
Says who? I think it's great. I know I'll be getting one.

I'm jelly as fuck

yeah i really liked it when i used an xps15 at work for two weeks. keyboard isnt quite as nice as on a thinkpad but still very good. the screen is fucking beautiful too.

If I wanted to do programming on an iPad without touch screen, I'd just buy an iPad.

Because it's a mobile phone attached to a gigantic flat battery connected to a display. Oh yeah and it has a single fucking usb3-c port.

nah you are just a poor idiot

That's real fucking nice. I was hoping there was some chance of the new model having a 1060 but it's not going to happen with the power envelope.

Now just waiting for a good deal.

XPS?

Personally I'm kind of glad Apple keeps doing these things. My 2012 MBP never feels out of date because they only got worse.

poor people use laptops.

I'm pretty pissed with my xps, keeps turning itself off and not powering on with 80% battery charge

youtu.be/Q1T3QPCHJ9s
(you)

I was waiting for these to be revealed to buy a new laptop, but yesterday I ordered a new t460 with a touch screen instead. I'm no poorfag, but the prices are just too high to justify for this meme machine.

*and children

>still being in university

What the hell are you talking about?

>having a desktop AND a notebook
>being called poor

Something doesn't add up user.
I bet you never saw college from the inner m8y

Enjoy your creaky plastic chassis.

>carbon fiber and aluminium is plastic
JUST

used a paper notepad yungfag

While handwriting your notes is better for your memory, most people nowadays are incapable of writing quickly enough to actually take detailed notes, so using a laptop or even a typewriter would be more efficient.

>that feeling when you're never be able to use cursive on a daily basis

>not using shorthand

>everything is just model numbers
>Solid State Drive
Consistency, faggot

Some of us leave the home from time to time user.

HP ZBook Studio G3

Xeon processor option
Discrete graphics
Bang & Olufsen Audio
etc. etc.

It's expensive but so was the MBP

My MBA is still "fine" i would have liked to upgrade next year though. Might wait and see what the Surface 5 brings to the table. Or the XPS 13/15.

Have to upgrade my desktop first anyway.

>Bang & Olufsen Audio
nice meme

i just C&P from the order pdf faggot

Is it true that you Americans don't learn cursive? It's literally the single thing everyone uses around here

No, just seriously considering the new Surface Book but I'll need to see how it performs before purchasing. Screen color accuracy, gamut and battery life are important to me. An SD card reader is also more than useful, 16 GB of RAM a must, good processing power helpful. With the upgrade options for the new Macbook Pro I'd basically pay as much for it as the new Surface Book and still lack some stuff which I need and which were present in the older MPB. Disappointing especially, given how the new MBP has great aspects to it as well.

Not looking at the pdf the same time the Prof explains his shit
Kys

>Bang & Olufsen Audio

hackintosh?

Agreed. Its extra thick at the bottom for some reason.

Buy it for what you need. No one buying the macbook needs more than one port.

Bezels aside this is one of the uglier laptops.
>two tone body
>carbon fiber not aluminum
>webcam in bottom right
>pin style charger
>matte screen
>no ssd in the base model

Its supposed to be premium but even the base model doesn't even represent that.

>two tone body
looks sexy
>carbon fiber not aluminum
doesnt bend after continuous usage
>webcam in bottom right
this is actually an arguement against it but i tape it anyway so
>pin style charger
you can charge it with thunderbolt too if you dont like the charger althought idk what your problem is with its charger
>matte screen
only on the poorfag models
>no ssd in the base model
only on the poorfag models
if youre poorfag dont buy a premium laptop

I didn't. I bought the Zenbook 3. A lot more premium than this laptop and I didn't have to spend $1500.

I did, but not to that. Screen and small bezels aside, carbon fibre just doesn't look nice. It was a premium novelty years ago, but now it's just that material the guy down the street used to pimp the interior of his Corolla. That and two-tone anything looks like shit.

I've been lowkey trying to shill this thing for awhile now.

>Solid Aluminum body
>Carbon fiber palm rest
>4k glossy panel, with Gorilla glass coating
>1TB PCI SSD, with and Open M.2 slot available
>960M
>Supports up to a Quad Core i7
>Up to 32GBs of DDR4 Memory
>Thunderbolt 3
>both 13" and 15" are thin and lightweight

I fucking love mine, besides the camera being in the bottom left of the screen it's literally perfect. And honestly even that's forgivable considering how thin the bezel is.

Unless you're a poorfag, there's no reason not to buy one.

Don't forget the Jay Leno chin.

Getting an x260 with a docking bay and a Benq 32 inch 4k monitor. Fuck Apple.

I heard there are some problems with the 4k display. I heard this from a macfag tho.

>be a doctor in a small town hospital
>poster child for unreadable shorthand
>it's pretty much just muscle memory at this point
>try to read my own shit
>can't read it

I haven't had any issues with mine and i use it almost daily. And neither has my coworker who loves to bitch and moan to me if something goes wrong with any electronic device that she owns.

I didn't like the hinge or the trackpad on the XPS.

I mean, Function keys are effectively macro keys and have been since at least the 90s. Ideally we'd have little controllable OLED displays on the keycaps, that would change based on the program we're in. I can't see any reason why the market won't go there in the future and I'll be fine with it.

I think making it an entire single bar is a bit weird, but if it does that taptic feedback thing that the trackpad does, I might be ok with it.

Those butterfly switches on the rest of the keys better have some fucking travel on them though or else I'll be livid.

What do you senpaitachi think about Chromebooks? Last laptop I got I fell for the gay man ones with shit battery life and never actually used it for gay men because I already had a tower for that. Essentially I'm looking for a cheap shitposting machine I can install Linux on.

>960M
Congrats on your subpar GPU, mate. Enjoy your games on Medium settings...£1495...bloody idiot.

notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-960M.138006.0.html

Not everyone here is as old as you grandpa.

i dont play games on a fucking laptop.

Games are for faggot manchildren.

The idea is that you don't write everything down dingledick. Writing forces you to summarize the info thus making your knowledge and memory of it better.

get with the times grandpa

Have you ever used the shitty new MacBooks with the butterfly switches? The surface keyboard covers have better key travel than them.

nope

>being older than 25
>posting on Sup Forums
don't people grow out of it by then?

Then you don't need a 960M.

Why get 6 series? I just got an i7500u 3.5ghz 12gb 2133mhz 256gb pcie SSD by Dell from best buy for 900 usd

it is what it comes with. the gpu doesnt matter to me, an intel hd would be fine. just happens to come with an nvidia is all.

they dont have a quad 7 series yet only the u models.

Pirates wouldn't agree with you.

Yeah, I've been looking for something else since I was looking forwards to the new Macbook Pro. I was looking at the XPS 13 but the integrated GPU looks really, really bad.

>ITT: Sup Forums pretends to be mac users
I mean seriously... The only real change in the rMBP is that the function key row is now context sensitive and customizable and the price has gone up. USB type c ports aren't much of an issue ether when you just need a dongle or two, which don't even have to be Apple products as USB type C is an open standard. People here on Sup Forums complained like crazy when MBP went from a full size dual-link DVI port to the MiniDisplayPort connector in 2008 and that was never really an issue ether.

As for the 13" model being dual core, the 13" model has always been a dual core machine so that's a clear sign that the person complaining about it doesn't know what they're talking about.

I'm personally not going to do anything to my 2011 MBP and I wasn't going to replace it any time soon ether. If I had to replace it I'd probably ether go for the cheapest 13" rMBP with the physical function keys or a second hand 15" from the 2012-2015 model years.

Pic related is what I have.

If it didn't have windows 10 it would be literally perfect