New RMS appreciation thread

New RMS appreciation thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c3vONDqvayo
gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2014-01/msg00247.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't like this nasty faggot

But you have to appreciate what he has done for the world.
There exists alternatives to the big OSs which otherwise, wouldn't be there.
Maybe he prevented 1984 from happening or at leased pushed it away from humanity for a couple of decades.

Yeah he really did me a solid
t. Jared Fogle

he's cute

OwO

right. kinda like how goodwill creates an alternative to shopping for clothes at walmart.

What? Linux without gnu is possible. Look at android and others.

your mom's pussy is cute. no wait, it actually is a disgusting roastie.

rabble rabble rabble gnu is not linux rabble rabble i use a browser that won't render proprietary tech rabble rabble thinkpad rabble rabble

:3

Good luck compiling Linux without gcc

youtube.com/watch?v=c3vONDqvayo

I'm thinking about starting a (useful!) weekly general on Sup Forums to help with the translation of various F(L)OSS software. Anybody wanna join?

I am already working on F-Droid's translations a bit, but I'd love if people brought attention to new software which could use translation. After all, the more languages said software is available, the more people could use it. I believe you guys would love that.

Applefags still haven't recovered.

t. strange, misguided man

Yeah, but still he is the strongest force.
Who else would care as much as he does? No one.

In a misguided world. The guided may look misguided.

Linux has some 3% of the desktop users. And no, the "it's gunna be big soon" doesn't hold water.

We have three major OS users: Windows, Linux and MOS (Mac OS).

Windows is for gamers and general users.
Linux is for tinkerers that think it's exciting to try to print out something.
MOS is for pros in graphic design and music...and a bunch of normies.

Because this Facebook machine will only normiefy Apple even more.

Or why not the scenario that Linux takes the place of Windows. Will that lead to a bright future where the common Linux users gladly starts the day at the office with a

-bash £s:ho //ulu, doodo --phep

?

No, you autist faggots that can't even give a blow job because you don't even brush your teeth! They could as well go to a post office and be condescending over the fact that they don't sort the mail with their butts.

Fucking retard! Well, at least he's honest with that his gommunism will deprive the software developers of a middle class.

everything that linux needs is good software. once atleast one software becomes the industrial standard, linux will catch on

>you don't even brush your teeth
What the fuck, how did you know?

>And no, the "it's gunna be big soon" doesn't hold water.

Fuck YOU!

2017 will be teh year of Linux on the desktop.

Unless Linus writes a desktop module, there will never be the year of the Linux Desktop.

What is clang

Misinterpreting Copyright is an exciting read and showed me how we ought to think about the idea up intellectual property. Kudos to him for that one.

>Linux has some 3% of the desktop users

according to steam desktop survey, and,

>Windows is for gamers

...oh

the stack overflow developer survey puts developers at around 22% gahnoo/loonix, 26% osx, 52% windows, which seems to me about representative enough for microsoft to pull their finger out and make c#/.net not shit on linux (no, mono was not a solution) and reimplement their windows services for unix as bash for win10 which still sucks for developers because sockets are a nightmare

gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2014-01/msg00247.html

A shitty attempt by Google to remove the freedom from Linux compilers.