The only traditional socket that remains on the new MacBook Pro is the traditional headphone jack

>the only traditional socket that remains on the new MacBook Pro is the traditional headphone jack.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/
apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-2015/
cnet.com/news/a-keyboard-that-rises-up-from-flat-touch-screens/
apple.com/shop/product/MK0X2AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-cable-1-m?fnode=97
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least you can listen to a music with shitty chinese onboard audio for $1800

COURAGE

They're making a computer to last you into the future, not a museum piece. I'll enjoy my on-the-go charging of my phone and laptop from the same battery bank.

They are making shite.

two days ago
>fuck the MBP, it has no USB-C!!1!
since yesterday
>top kek what a piece of shit, there's only USB-C!!1!

This. The only thing that I miss is the fucking SD slot. FUCK APPLE FOR THAT.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No serial port, no buy.

Which is why you will get the new one when that comes out too

What?

Why did they keep the outdated and obsolete old 3.5mm headphone jack?

>>top kek what a piece of shit, there's only USB-C!!1!
If only there were a middle ground, like putting three USB C ports on it and one legacy USB port. But no, Apple is incapable of common sense when it comes to this stuff.

The all new Apple Facebook Pro™

They lost me with this one, but I still don't see the big picture really. If they had USB-C instead of Lightning on their iOS devices, everything would make so much more sense. Then they can get rid of the Headphone jack as well and Apple can head into the age where a single port serves for everything (which is a great vision really). But the way they are handling this atm is simply retarded and makes zero sense.

Which will be in about 4 years, which I can buy by selling my 85% original price retaining MacBook Pro, which means I only have to throw a few hundred bucks every 4-5 years for the latest MacBook Pro. Sweet deal.

Because its needed for the 'Pros'. Nobody edits video and audio at a professional level on an iPhone, so the space was best used for other shit, no matter how gimmicky.

MicroUSB for everything.

>USB-C

Actually that port is a TRS Phone Connector with optical S/PDIF.

Apple superiority wins again.

apple...

honestly i never understood the autistic level of apple hate but this macbook is fucking retarded, even taking away the light up apple logo, tf

Does apple not realize the point of thunderbolt? I can understand it for replacing HDMI and for use in high bandwidth scenarios it's not a usb replacement.... it's a fucking suplement. Thats why there's a mix. So you can plug you keyboard, mouse, usb dac, what have you into the usb port, then if you have an external SSD or thunderbolt display you can use the thunderbolt port. Who the fuck is at the wheel here?
3.5 with SPDIF is not unique you fucktrumpet.

I don't understand how is this better than keyboard shortcuts or function keys.

I don't understand your complaint. What's Apple doing wrong?

My complaint is that this kind of implementation is fucking ridiculous and misses the point completley about what thunderbolt is and how to use it.

Mate, I'm asking you what YOU think the point is and how you think it should be done. I don't see what they're doing wrong. Daisychaining on 4 ports which can provide power, data and more bandwidth than any other connection available, what's the downside?

The fact is that if you don't want to carry around ten tons of adapters for everything then the implementation is ridiculous. The entire point i've been trying to get across is that thunderbolt should be a suplement for traditional usb. The fact that if you have a keyboard, monitor, mouse, or any other peripheral then you either need to go and buy adapters or you need to buy new hardware. thunderbolt is great for certain applications but a set standard like usb and the 3.5mm jack will always have thier place. They should have had at least a single USB port and then they could have gone wild with whatever. So to get back to your original question... what they are doing wrong is creating a solution to a problem which doesn't exist. The current combination of standardized IO like usb type A with newer ports like thunderbolt is a perfect solution. Apple jut needed to be "bold" and ended up fucking over the consumer.

It's a macbook PRO... professionals whether they be audio engineers or graphic designers or people in video production all use peripherals. Most of them are purpose built. The fact that those consumers are now being forced to swap out thier gear or buy adapters in order to use the gear is ludicrous

>no touch bar model only have 2 USB ports

When you're a pro in something for work its usually just one thing. Nobody is going to be carrying tens of adapters for anything. Many things have moved to wireless and things like external drives have had USB-C for a while.

I agree its a bold move but its for the best. This is a long term thing, there won't be a standard like USB-C with Lightning for at least another 7-10 years. USB-C Thunderbolt should NOT be a supplement to inferior Type-A.

We cannot get to a USB-C future if everyone is scared of making it the main thing can we? There needs to be pressure. Look how long it took for OEMs to make fucking displays better than 1366x768 TN panels.

>'Pros'
Good job with the quotation marks. Even know nothing audiophalluses know they need an external setup for reference audio. I bet the onboard DAC doesn't even sample past 96kHz, if they're still using Cirrus chips.

If anyone's professionally archiving or producing audio they will want to use the highest resolution possible. Might be good for soundcloud artists who got told to release their music in FLAC but for the best A-D conversion most use 2x or even 4x DSD. No DSD to PCM crap either

>courage

Starting to phase into Type C ports is good. Type C is the future for everything, not only MacBooks but for other devices as well.

However there's one gigantic gripe with this: You cannot plug the iPhone into the MacBook. They don't have a Type C to lightning port adapter. So if you want to plug your iPhone into your MacBook, you're fucked. So while having a lot of Type C ports is good, having at least one or two Type-A ports while phasing over is a better solution right now until more devices has a Type C port to begin with. I can't wait until every single device has USB Type C so we can get rid of Type A all together.

JUST

It is not that i don't believe in a USBC future however there is such a thing as a gradual transition. Type C is great but you are trying to phase out arguably the most used connection standard in the world (aside from the 3.5mm jack but thats another story). You can't expect to introduce a product that locks out any hope legacy support and expect it to be accepted. Hell even a single usb type A port would have been fine but a device crippling it's own legacy support, ESPECIALLY one marketed towards professionals is utterly idiotic.

Gone are the days Apple making utilitarian laptops. Moreover their GUI and UX becoming worse each iteration.
Also
>2016
>Still no built-in easy windows tiling for more than 2 windows without having going to fullscreen-like mode

remember when the apple motto was Do more and Cost less? those were good times.

>Actually that port is a TRS Phone Connector with optical S/PDIF.
they allegedly removed optical out.

missing 'Support for audio line out (digital/analog)' in
apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/
compared to:
apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-2015/

>You cannot plug the iPhone into the MacBook.
>They don't have a Type C to lightning port adapter

They've had a Lightning to USB-C cable around for like 2 years. How the fuck can you be so misinformed about what you're complaining about? You're totally clueless. You're just like every other cretin here, being annoyed at shit which isn't even happening or existing.

you sound angry man. Us "cretins" are here lauging all the way to the bank.

No USB
No Magsafe
No SD card reader
No function keys
No HDMI
No good keyboard (now shallow)
No rest for palms (as the touchpad is too massive now.)
No backlit glowing logo
No good battery life (battery smaller now)
No physical Esc key
No full bandwidth thunderbolt 3 on right side of 13"

>Flat touchscreen bar
>Still no touchscreen that actually rise like a bubble wrap with tactile feedback

I mean this tech debut was in 2013, with research much earlier than that. What did Apple do?
cnet.com/news/a-keyboard-that-rises-up-from-flat-touch-screens/

this
i perfectly understand the decision to avoid all ports except for USB-C, i can't wait for the future when will have only that port. but no, they fucked up by removing the headphone jack in the iphone 7 and use lighting on it and by removing the sd card slot

cause the jack and the sd slot are meant for different use, they're not just "ports".

Seeing retarded misinformed posts all day can be frustrating. Seeing people type dumb shit formed from their imaginations on a fucking TECH BOARD is frustrating.

apple.com/shop/product/MK0X2AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-cable-1-m?fnode=97

Normies don't remember keyboard shortcuts. I'll admit, it's a good idea, but as always they're overcharging out the ass.

Apple should have included it in the iPhone

>$25

also

>1m long

that one post aside... you can understand why many of us would be frusterated. I don't use a macbook pro but i work with a lot of people who do and they are heavily frusterated with this move. It's a dumb desicion and one that people on both sides of the asile, mac and pc, are disapointed in.

But wolfson dac in mbp is good.

25 dollars for a fucking cable? are you impared?

The point is that it exists.

>Apple in the past: just works
>Apple now: you have to know that some cable/adapter exists

well now it opens a whole nother can of retard worms.

Just dongle my shit up.
Tim cook gets a kick from all male adaptors to his hole-y machines.

FUCKING THIS. They are literaly forcing consumers to buy the fucking 2000€-standart-model of the touchbar one because it has more than fucking two usb ports.

Also the reason for removing the sd-slot is literaly because people bought retailer flash extensions and were saving a couple hundred dollars for the bigger SSD-MBPs