I was thinking it might be fun to try and be as secure and private as possible

I was thinking it might be fun to try and be as secure and private as possible.

Overwrite all my existing social media accounts, buy a faraday cage for my phone + have it delivered to a fake address, make one of those hats that counters CCTV cameras (pic related), use OTR for conversations, disable printer tracking, be constantly spoofing my MAC address, etc etc.

Might be cool to see how far I can take it. What do you think? Am i just being autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

seeingyellow.com
eff.org/pages/list-printers-which-do-or-do-not-display-tracking-dots
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>make one of those hats that counters CCTV cameras
This is a myth/scam. Such things does not exist.

It might be even more interesting if you log your findings and experiences. I'd read it

Its not complicated. You just put a whole bunch of infrared LEDs in your hat. Its invisible to people, but fucks up things that use infrared, such as CCTV cameras.

I dont see why it wouldnt work desu

They do, actually.

Why are you trying to keep these to yourself?

>disable printer tracking

What?

seeingyellow.com

When you print on a color laser printer, it's likely that you are also printing a pattern of invisible yellow dots. These marks exist to allow the printer companies and governments to track and identify you -- presumably as a way to combat money counterfeiting

Nigger what. You don't print money on commercial printers.

>anyone gives the slightest piece of shit whether you die tomorrow
>your data is going to be used for anything but a tiny speck of shit on an anonymized graph of user traffic if that
>people on Sup Forums actually believe this

I stopped giving a shit about privacy a long time ago. You should too

What about cheques, or bank documents?

Or any kind of fraudulent letter, whatever. point remains, its a thing. Here is an incomplete list of affected printers:
eff.org/pages/list-printers-which-do-or-do-not-display-tracking-dots

1) its partly about the challenge. i think it might be fun, i dont necessarily think ill need these precautions

2) you're weakwilled

"Weakwilled" isn't a word, friend. Weak willed or weak-willed, at a push.

sooo only works at night?

Are you retarded or something?

cctv cameras only turn on their ir sensors when there's too little visible light. ir lights wouldn't register during the day.

You don't know how LED's or even IR works when captured by cameras right?
Point a TV remote to your cellphone camera.

Definitely retarded

Using a device that turns your face into bright light in cameras is only going to make you less anonymous.

It makes me more obvious to human operators, yes.

But most surveillance is done by automated facial recognition software, and it will defeat that.

you're both wrong.

anti-cctv gimmicks that use IR leds to blind the camera only work if the camera has an IR filter to begin with and if it does have one they would have to use the IR mode during the day instead of daytime mode for IR leds to fuck with it.

>anti-cctv gimmicks that use IR leds to blind the camera only work if the camera has an IR filter to begin with

You are retarded or what?
Every camera needs to pick a little into the ir range to be able to reproduce the red color correctly. The ir filter is used to enhance the sensivity of the camera to red and ir light by filtering everything else.
During the day it will still be hard to blind a camera, if the light is too focused you can still be seen from other angles, if it is too unfocused it needs to be too powerfull wich would produce a lot of heat and need a lot of power.

Its a bad idea. It will do nothing but raise suspicion.

Save these actions for when you really want to do something criminal.

If Ive done nothing wrong, theres nothing the government can do to touch me

the fact that valuing privacy is apparently "suspicious" says a lot about the dire straits of virtual societal expectations

Go and install Gentoo or something will ya?

>Every camera needs to pick a little into the ir range to be able to reproduce the red color correctly.

That I did not know, I don't have a remote but if I were to point it at my smartphone up close it would be detected yes? would it still be detected if I were outside on a sunny day 5 meters away?

Go for it. Document your changes and tell us. Would be interesting

It's useless, most cameras have IR filters these days

You guys are really fucking dumb

Pretty much any digital camera you find will have an IR filter but that doesn't completely screen out IR and when it comes to surveillance cams almost all of them tend to be poorer quality with a higher sensitivity to IR because they need to actually work during the night.

Even with a filter, a few IR LEDs could obscure your face.

Yes.

The only way to defeat anti-IR filters is make-up.
And lots of it.
Specifically IR-sensitive ones that will put out visible color when affected by it.
Making your face a sun is going to make you stick-out like a fucking sore thumb that they'd probably send a ground unit to investigate you just to piss you off.

Warping your face subtly will be totally invisible.
Putting enough over your lips that brings out an opposing tone (dark for fair skin, light for dark skin) would make it look like you have a moustache.
Draw it on with a mascara brush.

Using a discrete omni-directional antenna with some software between it and your phone, you could virtually move yourself anywhere you want within the nearest cell towers. (illegal)
It would be a matter of delaying the signal by absolutely tiny amounts so the triangulation is off.
Doing it too much would break the protocol and signals might not hit your phone at all. (becoming less of a problem with better towers since they have much better range now, old cell towers were shit as fuck)

Killing the social would raise red flags even if you did nothing. People that are antisocial are already on watch lists. (have fun with that note)

Of course, this is only for fun.
Don't you damn dirty scum be doing naughty stuff now.