New to Android. How do I customize this? I don't like the default look

New to Android. How do I customize this? I don't like the default look.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_Ricing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Samsung TouchWiz
>Avast

Bruh, get a fucking Nexus and install CM

You customize it by adding a custom ROM. Duh.

> I don't like the default look.
autism

you can't.
since you bought the most popular brand (samsung) you've made a huge mistake. without raping your warranty you won't be able to customize anything. but you should've bought oneplus/moto/google if you wanted freedom to customize, what you're using now is android for iphone people. you won't be able to modify your status bar even though you install a custom rom, but you'll be able to install shitloads of cm themes on play store.
>i like touchjizz
paid

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_Ricing
also /wg/

Samsung has built in themes in its system, you can pick any and it should just werk. Nexus users jelly as fuak.

just get an iphone se

Cyanogenmod

You can theme TouchWiz
Also, get rid of avast asap, you don't need that shit

>Avast

>Avast
Holy shit. Delete that, it's only wasting your battery. Android is secure enough.

Also, what said. Not only that, but if it's one of the Exynos models, you can forget about installing ROMs. Touchwiz has themes (unlike before), but it's just..not good.

Why did you go with a Samsung device, anyway? Because it was popular? Should've picked Sony, LG or HTC instead. Now you're going to have a terrible experience and blame it on Android, when it's Samsung at fault.

You obviously havent seen what lenovo have done to motorola.

its shit now.

Do they rearrange the settings or just change color schemes and icons?
Because the stock touchjizz layout is fucking awful.

yes

Nah Samsung is great, or at least they were. They build phones that last. My lg g3 shit the bed after a year and a half so I pulled out my old galaxy s3, updated my ROM, got a new battery, and it works like new. Because the phones are so popular they have great 3rd party development support. There are tons of cheap replacement parts too. The headphone jack was screwed up at one point from damage, so I opened up the phone and replaced it for $6.

Don't know if the s6 and s7 are any good but I love the s3, and the s5 is probably the best $200 phone out there right now.

First of all rremove avast (and any kind of "antivirus").

>Android is secure enough.
No it is not. Not that useless shit like Avast will help, though.

Get goodlock. It lets you make the swipe down bar look stock-ish. And you can get a theme

Tell me more, user.

I have a moto g and I love it. I was considering upgrading it to a newer motorola

>Android
>secure enough
No.

Looks great to me. What's the problem?

Less than a half years of updates, they literally drop support faster than mac fanboys swallow semen for the newest iphone

>We're always looking out for you

install gentoo

Bruh dude, s5 was the last s phone to have CM, and it's only the Snapdragon version. All versions of S6 and S7 are locked down to hell.

>if I say no with a full stop it conveys my authority on the subject and thus no one may argue

samsung themes. pick a Material theme.
Nova launcher.
some icon pack. that's it.

never had a samsung, but can't you just install another launcher and call it a day?

Where did that meme came from? I see that way too often. Please don't tell me people actually think launcher is able to change phone's UI.

So the exynos version doesn't have any CM support? And here I thought I'd be spending some money to buy an s5. Right now I'm using and s3 with resurrection remix rom. Changed the battery and charger port, and the screen too because i fucked it up. Good as new. Heck even faster than most mid range phones nowadays

Samsung's TouchWiz supports Themes. Install one of the Material Design ones.