Female Project Managers

I'm having so much fun at my current job ever since they hired this dumb blonde ditz girl to be the project manager on all our development projects.

>PM doesn't know how development works
>PM constantly tries to adjust things on the project herself despite having no clue wtf she's doing
>PM constantly emails developers asking questions like "why won't my iPhone send an email to this person?"
>PM is constantly mismanaged, never gets required files or input from client and always wants to launch shit incomplete
>Developers are always blamed
>Have to follow her word and can't say anything against her or there's the threat of being fired
>PM is the CEO's step sister

Time for a new company.

Pic not her. Some Twitch streamer.

She once initiated a domain transfer for a client to a new host without anyone else's knowledge (including the client) then sent out emails to devs asking if that would affect the client's emails at all. The company lost that client and the CEO spent half an hour on group chat ripping into the devs.

>Blonde ditz
>Posts brunette
>Feels the need to specify pic not related

I don't know why you are going out of your way to point out the gender, I've seen good and bad PMs of either gender.

Why do you feel threatened to be fired for speaking out about the PM? You can be tactful but still honest, if you guys don't deserve the blame then you should set your management straight.

It is a PMs job to get projects out on time, it is your job to let them know what is realistic and achievable and you need to speak the benefits or downsides about releasing half baked shit into the world and how it reflects back on the company and let them deal with the consequences but either way it isn't a surprise if you do your job OP.

Everytime she tries to push out products that aren't ready tell her that it will harm your image and break something and if she wants to take that risk she can and copy your management. That way you aren't blaming anyone (the decision hasn't been made) but you are preparing them and they can't come back and blame you. At this point you should keep a record of what has occurred but bringing it up all at once will make you sound like a dick so I don't recommend it regardless of how right you are.

This is not just female pms. Bad pm is bad pm, regardless of the rack.

My current PM has difficulty operating our agile software. None of our stuff has priorities listed in a place that is not his mind. He assigns us work (didnt say it wqs a good agile environment). We go days sometimes without having work assigned, even though we are not silent about it. Almost none of our stories that he pulls in have acceptqnce criteria.

Kill yourself.

I also want to add that it is the developer's job to be an advocate for technical issues, and the management/PMs job to be an advocate for the business. If you do a better job of mentioning WHY their decisions are bad, they won't be able to come back to you when there is a problem. Maybe they truly don't understand their consequences and it is in fact your fault for not communicating that.

Very constructive user.

I've been in the OP's position and here's a lesson I learned early on.

You cannot present logic to illogical people. They cannot process logic, their brain doesn't possess the cognitive ability to do so. When you try to present logic to illogical people, they think you're just being an asshole.

I have millions of those horror stories from freelancing and being a junior web developer. I worked for quite a few of those startup companies where the owner hired family members just to make their company look "full" and "busy".

You can try to present your issues and fixes but they never listen. OP is far better off leaving on a good note and running. I became an alcoholic trying to fix the last disaster of a company I worked with. I tried literally everything in my power to help, it was the first time I was passionate about doing something.

TLDR - Don't waste your time trying to present logic to illogical people. They cannot process logic.

>>PM is the CEO's step sister
Out of your whole list, this is the only thing that's a problem. You will inevitable run into some incompetent people on the job, usually it's not that hard to get them to have themselves fired.

I can agree this is at least partially true, but if he liked it there before this PM he should at least try to be more communicative.

But I also agree that it is a employee market in tech with a little bit of experience you won't have any issues finding something else unless you live in a really obscure location and don't want to consider remote.

Here's an example of stupid illogical people being unable to process logic.

My mother was a dog hoarder. I spent months trying to convince her to sell them or take them to a shelter so they could live a normal life. It wasn't fair what she was doing to those dogs.

She was keeping them confined to the kitchen with barriers she setup in her house. She had 6 dogs. She didn't even attempt to potty train them and she got mad every morning when there was shit and piss all over the floor.

I tried using logic such as "if you keep animals in one place and never take them outside, they're going to go on the floor."

She didn't understand this. It was like explaining a brain surgery operation to her. She somehow couldn't process this information. She was genuinely angry and confused as to why the dogs kept shitting on the floor.

For those who are about to suggest it, I did call the dog warden and humane society hoping they would step in. I was told by both of them as long as she's feeding them and not abusing them physically, there's no wrong-doing. It's fucked up.. I know.

>PM is the CEO's step sister

Fuck I hate nepotism.

(You)

>"Sup Forums is my personal shitposting blog"

would probably be better suited to your taste, OP

>Putting women in charge
>Of anything

lol...

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, user.

>nepotism

How about you collectively grow a pair of balls and tell the CEO his step sister is fucking useless, how can grown men lower themselves into being treated like this, I will never understand.

I've got a strong sense of this sort of thing, also mentioned here and unless you have a way of having them thrown out or becoming their overlord, the best thing you can do is step away

i don't know what would be more obnoxious: having a PM who doesn't really know how developers work, or being a PM with developers who take their whiny cunt problems to Sup Forums.

>Implying there won't be posts about it though

Come on, it would be like your post but without the last part.

>Says she's blonde
>Post brunette

"Ya rite user u r teh get jerb not hide in parent basement lololol i m very troll"

Kill the dogs.