Buy laptop with capacity to only cool the CPU to ~2Ghz and GPU to ~500Mhz when under very heavy load (gaymen...

>buy laptop with capacity to only cool the CPU to ~2Ghz and GPU to ~500Mhz when under very heavy load (gaymen, 3d modeling, video encoding, ect)
>complain about performance
Why the fuck do people keep buying laptops for demanding tasks? Laptops are designed to be portable computers that let you do light work/web browsing on the go. Nothing more, nothing less.

Look at pic related, it's just fucking impossible to cool shit with those tiny ass heatsinks.

I hear Gentoo is pretty demanding

I have a fuck huge external fan my laptop sits on that lets my computer cool at full load

>I have a fuck huge external fan my laptop sits on that lets my computer cool at full load
lolno, try running prime95 on that shit and watch it dip to 2GHz, maybe even lower lmao.

What's it like being a dinosaur that doesn't understand tech?

I don't know, you tell me.

yes

>that tiny heatsink can keep the most powerful laptop ever made cool

Wow

Apple just can't stop innovating

Is that an app?

No, it's a tuba

wtf

>cool the CPU to ~2Ghz and GPU to ~500Mhz
>cool to 2GHz
>2GHz
>temperature

most manufacturers make low spec laptops with their design being a 'feature' so they can be overpriced and tards still buy them

you can buy a laptop with a 6700k cpu for the same price as a macbook lol

passive cooling is bae

this is no passive cooling but active heating

this. fucking lol what is OP even talking about

throttling

Yeah, OP is trying to throttle us.

I run prime95 and furmark simultaneously without significant throttling(no throttling if I control fans manually) on this piece of chink shit. It is possible, many OEMs just don't even try.

>you can buy a laptop with a 6700k cpu for the same price as a macbook lol
This doesn't magically mean it can run at 4GHz 24/7 under very heavy load you retard.

So it only throttles to 2.1 GHz instead of 2.0 GHz?

nice

I don't think you understand how laptop heatsinks work

>fan blowers blow on a tiny set of aluminum grills attached to the CPU by copper heatpipes
>if cpu is at 100% load trying to turbo to ~3GHz they fail to cool the processor enough
>CPU is throttled to ~2GHz
Am I missing something?

>expecting a mobile device to be as versatile as a high end desktop pc

>have 2670qm with base clock of 2.2ghz
>runs at 2.8-2.7 ghz under load
>80ish load temps

>mfw

It just stops using turbo boost(I consider it throttling). 2.9 without it, 3.2 with it.

I'm very tired and
>if I control fans manually
instantlly resulted in a mental image of user cranking a lever round and round to cool his laptop.

This I have the newest 2016 macbook pro and it runs at 6THz even when running prime95 AND furmark at the same time.

lmao

qm (quadcore model) i5 and i7 always running hot even on idle/low usage. i got mine 3630qm running like 90c.

U /ulv model temp is always low though.

:^)

>t's just fucking impossible to cool shit with those tiny ass heatsinks.
No, it's not.

Stop pretending you're an engineer.

It's is no mobile quad core i5.

>U /ulv model temp is always low though.
Not when they're in apple products.

Mine runs at 80ish degrees under load and how thermal paste is applied actually affects load temps a lot because of the shape of the bare, exposed die. 80-90 degrees doesn't really sound cool but I think it's acceptable considering the thing has a tdp of 45 watts.

Then why haven't we seen laptops that maintain 4GHz despite running prime95 and furmark at the same time?

Because there are no 4GHz base mobile CPUs?

I use rweverything to write to the embedded controller. First I disable automatic fan management, then I set their speed. 255 is the minimal speed for some reason.