Why normies can't into security and linux?

Why normies can't into security and linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

hmarco.org/bugs/CVE-2016-4484/CVE-2016-4484_cryptsetup_initrd_shell.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most normalfags don't even know how to get into a BIOS let alone aware it exists

1) because, in elementary school, they were taught only MS word and MS paint.
2) because in high school they only cared about muh gaems.
3) because, when they attended university, the computer security course was not mandatory.

Why Linux can't into security and normies?
hmarco.org/bugs/CVE-2016-4484/CVE-2016-4484_cryptsetup_initrd_shell.html

Because the modern web is a mess.

Should never have allowed CSS and Javascript.

>never allowed css
wew lad

You probably don't emember when web pages were about pure content text, hyperlinks, pictures and not letting latte drinking hipsters inflict eyerape on everyone

if you don't like css, just disable it you autist

I'm going to make every website I make, including static content pages, require ReactJS and ajax to display, plus css styles to hide it until everything has loaded, just for you.

>latte drinking faggot hipsters
really got under your skin did it?

I don't need BIOS, I have UEFI

because they are normies

dumb question tbhq fampai

Windows = Trump
OSX = Hillary
Linux = Bernie Sanders

Because your definition of normies apparently excludes people who can into security and linux.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Because 99% of the computers on the market come with Windows or OSX preinstalled.

> Comparing operating systems to presidential canidates
> Linux

kys fag

tasty pasta

It makes sense desu

Upvoted

Because they don't care and they don't care to know. They rather just do what they were taught and nothing else. Shortcut to Word is missing on the desktop? Holy shit, throw down everything and call the IT guy. Outside of work all they care about is being able to easily open a web browser and go onto Facebook and YouTube.

Sometimes people are taught about security but they simply don't give a fuck about stuff that doesn't have immediate and visible impact on things.

>>latte drinking faggot hipsters
No. OSX and Windows are not even on the same shittiness scale. More correct would be
Windows 10 and 8 = Trump
Win 7 = Hillary
OSX = Jill Stein
Linux = Bernie

>Shortcut to Word is missing on the desktop?
This happened last night to a customer, they couldn't find the shortcut do they went onto google and typed "microsoft windows word download".

You can guess what happened next.

>linux is somehow an OS
>Windows is somehow operative
>OSX is somehow compared with actually useful pieces of software
worst bait of the year

CSS is a necessary evil since XML is such a shitty language.
And it is a shitty language because people at the time expected that we would fuck up the delivery, and thus the document format should handle the errors.

I agree that people use JS badly, but having a scripting language for website was bound to happen.

How do these people not understand that they should download everything straight from the official website? Especially if it's a free program.

kill yourself newfag autist

>blaming technologies like css and js for the fact that website makers and owners are being devious assholes and use above technologies to riddle their websites with misleading links and buttons to dupe normies into clicking stuff they never intended to

Because if google lists it then it must be official.

To be honest I blame the windows 8 metro screen, most of my customer base never got used of it and now they refuse to upgrade to 10 because they fear even more change.

>doesn't think that windows is literally a pile of shit when compared to a unix

What we needed was BIOS/MBR v2.0, not UEFI/GPT confusing botnet shit. Down with UEFI/GPT.

At base the problem here is that normies think a computer is (and should be) like a VCR. Actually even those were too complicated for most normies to master, they think it should be like a microwave, or a toaster. An appliance, all of whose functions are predefined and exposed through the (very simple) user interface, with no user-serviceable parts inside.

Computers, being general-purpose devices, aren't like that and never will be. The generality means that they are and will continue to be inherently complex. Normies hate that and don't want to accept it, because it means they have to think instead of just pressing a button. They hate having to think.

>Windows.
People use it even though every time Microsoft does something, people get outraged.
>OSX
Popular with hipsters, despite of being corrupt to the core. Praised by the media.
>Linux
Popular among the users, but the system is rigged by having windows installed by default, so it can never take over.

I've seen this come up many times here. An user says they are IT at a hospital and the nurses all have admin rights. user is afraid the company will retaliate against him if he blocks them so he asks us what to do. Everyone here says for him to switch jobs before the company will throw him under the bus once the data breach happens.

OSX is not "corrupt to the core". For example, it doesn't fight with linux installations on you hdd. Windows does fight.

They are both corrupt, but was making the case for why was more accurate than

Correction, since I actually *HAVE* an old iMac:
OSX _does_ fight. If you install rEFIt or rEFInd, and then install OSX after linux, OS X's bootloader will override the rEFI** installation. If you have three OSes installed on your hard disk, the official bootloader will not let you choose between all three.

why can't you into getting a gf?

Imagine the most stupid person you know; about half the population is more stupid than them.

>can't into linux
That's to be expected. The mainstream OSes already fulfill their needs, and aren't costly enough to be a dealbreaker. Also, more and more normalfags pirate software.

>can't into security
Now, that's on the same level as the simplified, placeholder explanations you give to very young children. Ever listened to these news reports of "security experts" coming in to tell everyone how to not get hacked in a 2 mins and a half segment? They always make broad generalized statements, or even say things that are simply false, but it would be much more complicated to truly explain it, normies don't have the knowledge and/or patience for that, most people don't even know the extent of what is possible and what isn't. Just that would help them a lot in gaining more perspective of how shit works. Some people clear their caches religiously when they log off their banking website, yet have no idea keyloggers are a thing.

That looks comfy dude.

what does bios have to do with this?

They can, they just need college courses to learn because they are sheeple that can't gain knowledge on their own.

>The issue can be easily fixed by stopping the boot sequence when the number of password guesses has been exhausted. The following patch suspends the execution forever. The only way to exit is by rebooting the computer.

The power of open sores

Linux is that Alleppo guy

Clueless of the real world but is the ideal candidate