Keyboard PC cases comeback, when?

Keyboard PC cases comeback, when?
>Solid state
>Passive cooling
>All-in-one machine
>great keyboard

It's easier and cheaper to have an AIO screen with a shit keyboard than an AIO keyboard with a shit screen

Already done. Didn't catch on

>>>>>>>

I picked that because it's smaller, and doesn't go back as far, so it more accurately is shaped something like a modern iteration of it would be like because the floppy drive would be replaced by a few USB slots and a card slot.

Why not just leave the screen up to the user?

The 600 was better than the 500

Or, you know, you could make the computer really small, like say as big as an apple TV or the size of a thumb drive. That way, both the keyboard and monitor are up to you!

You know, I think I'll patent this invention.

A600 looks much better.

Never liked the look of A500, Atari ST had nicer design.

>not wanting to be aesthetic

CNC aluminum case for skull canyon NUC and GH60 PCB or a TEX yoda with Trackpoint
gib me kickstarter money

>fan

Absolutely disgusting.

Solid state or bust.

I like this idea.

>gib me kickstarter money
you have to make a prototype and show it off in a video first

I am sure Sup Forums would help you with the details

As soon as you build your own. I mean what can be so hard?
>custom 3D print the case
>buy a generic keyboard PCB with keys and all
>put a pie in it or something
>install gentoo

I don't see the problem, goddamn consumerism.

>solid state

Not possible. Have Toughbook with ulv 1Ghz processor. max tdp around 10W, uses case as heatsink which is just one huge chunk of aluminum.

When@load palmrest reaches 60C easily.

Sorry user, but I want a processor that's more powerful then an android phone

not everyone can get away with a 15W i5 you dumb nigger

There was a C64x released not long ago.

It was a commodore 64 with an i7 it dual booted into the original Commodore 64

It's essentially a laptop without the screen in an annoying form factor though. Cool as a gimmick show piece if 1500 bux is nothing to you.

Fuck, I would kill to get one with the new zen apus and a mechanical keyboard

Yeah you should, nobody ever thought of this before.

Oh wait...

>Can't detect obvious sarcasm in someone else's post
>Uses sarcasm in their own post
You're a clever one, aren't you? That was sarcasm by the way.

Buy one of those thick gaming laptops and remove the monitor

>a stock photo of an amiga with a missing 5% key
really?

>a600 cucks actually believe that and will defend it

Were there Amiga 500 with a normal ANSI physical keyboard layout, rather than the bigass enter and small backspace (yuck)?

>tfw just came across this concept
>actually want it

tfw

>replying to bait this hard

>I was only pretending
Alright.

>there's SBCs coming out with M.2 storage slots

God, these things make me excited about computers again.

Why? They're the same computers you use now. They're essentially the same computers you've been using for years. They're just smaller.

>smaller

And cheaper. And more energy efficient. A full desktop running entirely, every component, at no more than 5W. Isn't that great?

If you think about it, the AIO Keyboard type model makes more sense than ever right now when you consider that everyone has an HDTV they could use for the monitor. Add on a touchpad like pic related and a twist-to-lock system for video/audio out and it could be very viable. I know I would buy one.

It's nice, I suppose. But it's the very definition of incremental progress. A few fewer watts. A little bit smaller. A few fewer dollars, all else equal.

Is it faster? No, actually its a lot slower, since it prioritizes small size and low power. Does it do anything you can't do on the laptops and desktops of today? No, it doesn't. It just looks 10% more kawaii on your desk. Or, if you're a member of the RPi crowd that likes putting a small computer into other objects where there was not computing power before, it's just a slightly better version of what's already available for those things.

So it's not a bad thing. But great? worthy of excitement? I don't see it.

I don't see any SBC with M.2 storage slots.
What are you even talking about.

Invisible IS aesthetic.

Keyboards are disposable vats of dead semen, cat hair, neckbeard drippings and Cheeto crumbs. Putting a cumputer in one is retarded.

Just remove the screen off a laptop

This form factor died with the 80's,. and for a good reason.

- People don't hook up their computer to a TV anymore. At the time most people had a TV but a computer was a venture into the unknown and spending extra cash on a monitor was mostly a thing businesses do..
- Less upgradeable, can't use standard desktop PCI-e cards and GPUs
- Limits your choice of keyboard and other peripherals
- Poor thermal profile considering the TDP of modern CPUs
- Basically a laptop without a screen, aka halftop - what's the benefit here compared to a laptop? Again, it makes sense only in an 80s context because laptops were crazy expensive and near-nonexistent, LCDs still sucked.

>People don't hook up their computer to a TV anymore.
Ironically enough, this is not true. The line between monitor and TV screens has blurred in recent years, and the only way to have a >40 inch "monitor" is to hook up the computer to a TV.

>technology will never look this cool again

You're right, it's becoming considerably cooler.

If you're seriously talking about your picture then please kill yourself.

disgusting. my TPY 12 does a much better job of this sort of shit

It has 45W HQ processor like an ordinary thinkpad.

>poking a piece of glass for hours at a time
fuck that, no thanks

Its just basic facts

fpbp

just attach an SFF desktop to the back of your monitor like everyone else who isn't a nostalgic hipster, nobody doing anything serious liked that shitty form factor even when it was current, it's all the worst parts of a desktop combined with the worst parts of a laptop

The A600 was shit, and was actually one of nails in Commodore's self-prepared coffin.

One of the many, MANY terrible choices they made.

Such a shame, they could have been Apple.

But it was, in fact, better than the A500.
With a good CPU it's still the comfiest and smallest ECS/OCS machine.

>Such a shame, they could have been Apple.

I'd rather they die.

The lines between TVs and monitors were always that blurry, really, it's the context in which they were used.

That form factor was great to hook up to your existing TV setup for whatever, nowadays we all have dedicated spaces, and its strengths really aren't that apparent anymore. Other than the gimped overall form factor, it's a lot less flexible, and more vulnerable to damage.

>keyboard fucks up
>now you need an entire new PC

You have a point, but the use case back then was a little different. Folks would use a TV because they had no choice, whereas nowadays you but a TV to use only as a TV and a monitor to use as a monitor. You won't find a desktop PC in the livingroom.

In the 80s a home computer wouldn't be that much different from a console - you plug it in for an hour or two, play some games, and then put it away to use the TV. Maybe occasionally you'd use some rudimentary "office and taxes" package (which is the advertising gimmick kids used to convince their parents - "it helps with homework and taxes!"), but that would be it.

Even then they still had a brand stigma to overcome just like Atari, the wild success of the C64 and their marketing in general solidified themselves as basically a toy company in the eyes of the American market, not to mention the biggest strengths of the platform really just weren't that compelling to most of the business-dominated market

But Commodore did offer quite decent color monitors (I had my Amiga hooked up to a 1084S). It wasn't at all that you were forced to use a TV with these computers.

Every vendor did, but it was an additional expense that a lot of people didn't want to pay for a glorified gaming console they'd also occasionally use to do their taxes.

The worse choice was not going x86

>and a twist-to-lock system for video/audio out and it could be very viable.

Not more viable than a Bluetooth keyboard with no wires for toddlers to grab or drunken adults to trip over.

Smash keyboard? Yawn, replace.

Smash cumpyooter? Spend much more and the rest of your system can't subsititute for cumpyooter.

No footprint advantage. Wired connectivity disadvantage. Special snowflake hassle to replace.

If you like one, build one. There's no market.

But 68k > x86

>thinking the 286 was good
wew lad

x86 was fucking shit in the '80s