I just want to say fuck macbook pro's...

I just want to say fuck macbook pro's. I've had this piece of shit for almost 5 and a half year now and the bastard finally gave in. Here are some things you can expect from your laptop as it ages.

>charges only when it wants to
>sometimes you have to sit on the charging brick like a hen to warm it up
>randomly shuts down when you unplug the charger
>a new charger costs 70$ and third party ones may break your computer
>slow as fuck just using firefox, word, itunes, etc
>loud as fuck fan even when watching youtube videos
What were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/search/?query=laptop&cat_id=0&facet=price:$400 - $450
bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat138500050001&st=categoryid$pcmcat138500050001&qp=currentprice_facet=Price~$250 - $499.99
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cool story bro, but I've had my MBA for 3.5 years now, and have experienced no sign of any of the above. I'm all good. Thinking of using it for another three years.

Sounds like a charger issue.

>>charges only when it wants to
>randomly shuts down when you unplug the charger
>a new charger costs 70$ and third party ones may break your computer

>retard breaks his charger and complains about it not working

>slow as fuck just using firefox, word, itunes, etc
>loud as fuck fan even when watching youtube videos
nice meme, used my old 2012 for 3 years and the only time i heard the fans was while rendering shit on my bed.

rofl i had mine for 1.5 years and went through 2 chargers
fan & heat was unbearable
remember i tried to watch movies on it with my girlfriend and it would burn my legs
also the fan was almost louder than the speakers

My macbook pro literally catches fire every time I boot it.

HOW DOES A COMPANY LIKE APPLE KEEP LETTING THIS HAPPEN????

i'm actually thinking about buying a macbook ;-;

My macbook pro killed my little brother.

I still love the laptop though.

you think I'm joking, look it up man I'm not the only one.

What.

preaching to the choir

why do you seek such validation? did you just get rejected over facebook or something?

6 year old macbook pro 15" here. I have these issues:

Rubber feet came off
WiFi only connects when I'm right next to the router
Pretty slow

kek;d

what would you recommend as a budget alternative for the macbook? something that's capable of running one or two light games like minecraft or something, is windows/linux, has long battery life and is equally user friendly as the macbook?
the quieter, the better

thinkpad

>quieter
how is this even an issue on low end laptops
excluding the ones that use the chassis as a fucking heatsink

MACTODDLERS

BTFO

>>a new charger costs 70$ and third party ones may break your computer
Isn't this true for all brands though? A new HP elitebook charger wouldve cost me like 120, ended up paying 70 for an underpowered 3rd party thing.

Had mine for ~4 years now, 2012 first gen hidpi model and it's still solid. Was a little sad the other day because the battery finally dropped below 90% design capacity and I wish I had done the 16gb ram upgrade but that's no biggie

>Slow as fuck just using firefox
>Loud as fuck fan even when watching youtube videos

Firefox has the propensity to use far too many CPU resources, causing overheating. Try using a more lightweight browser.

Apple could kill my family and I'd still buy their products. 

>firefox
>2016

Pick one

w-which one should I be using

Ive had my MBP since it was new in 2007.

On my 2nd battery, get 3hrs from it with light work.
Switched the HDD for SSD a couple of years ago.
On my 2nd screen after 1st failed after 1st 5 years.
2.2GHz Core2 Duo, 6GB RAM.
Feelsgoodman.jpg

Midori.

Either you got a lemon, or you are the biggest fucking retard i have ever read. If it is the late you can kindly drink the battery acid of of your macbook to off yourself

but then I cant use my japanese translating apps

>ad hom

>i bought a steaming overpriced pile of shit that costs $1000 more than it should
>then had to dump tons more of my own money into fixing it because applel told me to fuck off after their 2 day warranty
>feelsgoodman

The typical Apple cuck lads.

Most laptops aren't going to last 9 years either

>this is what applelcucks actually believe

Mine is fairly old and still runs perfectly. I switched to a 512gb ssd tho

>throttles to 800mhz and boils water if you try to watch a youtube video
>runs perfectly

I would love to see your 9 year old Windows laptop, most Windows laptops only last 2-3 years.

Provide
Evidence

>t. mactoddler that only ever owned $300 walmart shit before buying his fruity $2000 facebook machine and is amazed

I get it, you have trouble with logic and reason with your room temperature IQ, but we can't help you here, you want or

high five for buying the 2013 MacBook Air, it's great. If only the screen didn't have dogshit resolution.

I have fixed/replaced hundreds of laptops (worth 1000+) which have barely lasted 3 years. You are one dumb motherfucker and biased

>t. mactoddler

>ive never opened a laptop cuz dats scary but macs r grate!!!11 xDDD

My Acer Aspire 5051 still runs strong after 10 years (passed its 10th anniversary in September), no longer running Windows but Linux Mint XFCE.

>I get it, you have trouble with logic and reason with your room temperature IQ
I understand why a NEET would be hostile to Apple products due to their price rendering them unobtainable, but you really shouldn't levy those kinds of insults to your intellectual superiors.

I have an early-2015 rMBP 13" for work and I must say the hardware and the build quality is pretty nice, but macOS is a godawful retarded abomination. I requested a Dell XPS 13 with a Kaby Lake i7 and I'm planning to run Arch on it.

>t. mactoddler that still doesn't realize macs are kiddie toddler toys, and the exact reason he tossed his macbook to his kids and got a sony vaio

2012 MBA here, got it for $300. Fantastic laptop for the price range, perfect keyboard and trackpad.

Why does Sup Forums hate Apple again?

>$300
>for a fruity toddler toy

Sup Forums is mostly autistic neets so they hate Apple products as they're expensive and used by people that don't fall on the spectrum like themselves.

Run Linux on it. Done, Bob's your uncle.

>fruity glowing toddler toy logo

> what is duct tape.

>t. mactoddler

My mac just works. The same can't be said for your Lelnovo.

My point exactly, his condition causes him to repeat the same actions over and over again. If only his mom had spread out his vaccinations as a child.

>mac
>work

Good joke.

I was once group raped by half a gang of macbooks in a blue bottle cafe...

I have since learned to forgive the macbooks, but I will never forgive the macbook pros... the pros should have known better.

>t. mactoddler that sits on Sup Forums all day defending his fruity toy company

The bundles of sticks ranting about youtube are right, with a condition - they are watching it on firefox.

Safari has never ramped up the CPU on youtube, and new versions of chrome no longer do. Old chrome and firefox? WHRRRRRRRRRRR within seconds of hitting play.

Admit it, firefox devs are just incompetent.

>you're using it wrong!!!111
>t. mactoddler

Did steve jobs rape your mother?

you sound very specifically asshurt, more than the usual scrubs

Tell me your story of what big bad apple did to you user...

5 firebux have been deposited to your mozilla persona account, thank you for your service

>t. mactoddler

I use firefox with 10 addons and have never had that problem on my MacBook Air or MacBook Pro

>t. mactoddler

>t. mactoddler

>you sound very specifically asshurt, more than the usual scrubs

fuck apple and their margins. I want my shit as cheaply made as possible.

only loser richfags buy apples

To be honest, I'd stop railing against apple if they made their shit affordable... why the fuck do they have to cost so much?

the rubber feet can be picked up off of ebay for literally a less than a dollar.

>t. mactoddler

>I want my shit as cheaply made as possible.

But that's exactly what Apple does.

I have the 13" 2013 Air as well. Works perfectly for any OS I need and it was only $620 for the 256GB model. The display resolution is low, but the color reproduction is the best I've seen with TN.

>t. mactoddler

chrashing this thread with no survivors:

Asus zenbook UX31LA
>i5-4200U
>1080p
>8gb RAM
>128gb SSD
>$175
>pic related

how did i do?

>this piece of shit only lasted 5 years

wew, go and buy another laptop, come back in five years and lets see how you're doing.

nice mirror bro

>4200

BLAZEIT
L
A
Z
E
I
T

that's not me it's the guy who's selling it
i just bought it it hasn't arrived yet

>tmw you have a 2008 macbook fast as fuck on a core 2 duo

>8Gb ram
>1tb hard drive (getting an ssd soon with it)

can do 1080p 59fps but starts to heat up and fans turn on max but it isn't that bad
720 60fps with barely fan noise.

cost 406 usd for the config though

>macshit
>fast

Good joke.

>core2duo
>$400 burgerbux
>2016

YOU

CANT

MAKE

THIS

SHIT

UP

actually before i would actually agree with you , nac is shit not going to lie but its faster than the shit walmart laptops and some best buy as well

true you can't , there are celerons and core duos being sold and stores from out of the box mainstream products for about that price range.

>dat gloss

Are Thinkpads still a thing on Sup Forums?

got the 2013 air myself. runs and looks like it's brand new. I can't wait to finally upgrade to a better resolution screen but this machine reports 800 cycles left before battery needs to be replaced so I guess I'll hold onto it for a few more years.

scroll through the sauce and look
walmart.com/search/?query=laptop&cat_id=0&facet=price:$400 - $450

best buy was actually not bad
bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat138500050001&st=categoryid$pcmcat138500050001&qp=currentprice_facet=Price~$250 - $499.99

>>charges only when it wants to
>>sometimes you have to sit on the charging brick like a hen to warm it up
>>randomly shuts down when you unplug the charger

You need a new charger and/or battery.

>>a new charger costs 70$ and third party ones may break your computer

Poor fag? I doubt the 3rd party ones will break anything.

>>slow as fuck just using firefox, word, itunes, etc
>>loud as fuck fan even when watching youtube videos

Sounds like you need RAM and a SSD upgrade. Also: Flash runs like dog shit in Firefox. You can watch HD YouTube videos all day in Safari and not speed up the fans.

t. 2011 MBP Owner
16GB/500GB SSD
Best Computer I've Ever Owned, CA

Can you Hackintosh it?

>t. mactoddler

>mac

>tfw 2015 rMBP master race

>800mhz
>boils water from watching youtube
>master race

niqqa for that money and with that resolution i'd take a mirror for a screen

You need to do an SMC reset you pleb. They shouldn't do that.

'12 MBP here and works flawlessly.