Speccy thread. I went for this shitty prebuilt

Speccy thread. I went for this shitty prebuilt.

DO NOT buy prebuilts NO EXCEPTIONS prebuilts are what the tech retarded buy

To this as my first build.

lol you beat be my 2 seconds.

Prebuilts are okay if you know what to look for, sometimes the dell outlet has some retarded good deals, i7-6700, 16GB DDR4 2166, 400w PSU, W10, no dGPU, 1TB HDD $450.

Throw a GTX 1070 in there and a small SSD for boot/programs you've got an $900 gaming rig.

>EVGA 1080
kys

My old rig died in the hurricane, bought this for 200$ on craigslist

My desktop system. Works for me.

clocks?

Nothing super special just 4 ghz on the cpu and 2000/5500 on gpu

You are an idiot.

Sometimes pre-builts can be a good deal, sometimes they can be a rip-off. Learn to use your brain and go on a case by case basis instead of living your life by some black and white "rule" you read on a forum 10 years ago.

>1070 housefire
>sli disabled

I thought it was just the EVGA 1080 and it only happened because the lack of thermal pads?

Definitely need to pick up a few new drives. Hoping for some black friday/cyber monday deals.

Good thing it's freezing outside and my heat doesn't work.

It's so cold. ;_;

you have a stupid gaymer laptop but can't afford heating?

The laptop was cheap. And literally the heating in my unit alone is the one that doesn't work.

They changed the air filter today, which means better airflow for the cold air blowing around in here.

If you're in an apartment and free electricity, fuck em, use a space heater, resistance heat is expensive as fuck on the electricity, but if you aren't paying it...

Or if you do pay for your electricity send them a bill for the electricity you use to heat your apartment with space heaters if they are the ones who are supposed to keep the heating in your unit working.

Neither gets the model correctly.

Ninja edit, cpuz does actually. It used to show the same as speccy.

Jaysus nigger got enough disks?

:^)

Tell me more about getting whiteboxes for my business so I have to support them.

Besides, if your company really needs something Dell, HP, etc can't offer you, they have system builders out there who will provide onsite tech support and all the shit dell will give you, with any specs you want. You'll be paying for the service, but these companies exist. Many of them GSA approved for use by government contractors.

>server 2016
The only winner in this entire thread.

There are a few that actually do some engineering. Boxx is a bigger one that I hear are quite good despite the name.

I like my new cooler. When I look at it working, I dont even mind that I paid so much for it.

One could argue that NH-U12S is a bit too much, but I dont mind anymore.

I cant bear myself to install that Win10 on that SSD you see. Right now, its empty.

and building it yourself is what tryhards do

>16GB

Yeah, because when buying completely new PC, I would go for 8gb or even 4gb because "muh guys at Sup Forums said its enough". Compared to the rest of components, that additional 8gb was dirt cheap.

>3GB 1060
>i5 6400
>single channel

?

he's saying you cheaped out like fuck.

6GB 1060 would be the norm
2x8GB dual channel would be the norm
i5-6600k would be the norm

etc

wew lad

I know its not a guts thread but its relevant. Made this for my little brother. Still surprisingly fast.

Sandy Bridge still anyone?

what mobo did you used?

The stock HP 8200 motherboard

Hey is this the new Windows 10 thread?

post GOOD TEMPS

If I wanted good temps i'd open my window, since i prefer to conserve the heat in my room i'll not do that.

You know after awhile sometimes you gotta say "why bother with upgrades/more speed" when what you have does excellent for what your needs are.

kek, ive maxed out my 16 gb multiple times, ive been thinking about upping it to 32, im heartbroken to say that my 780ti craped out.. but, ooh well that 3gb of ram needed to be more, so its now 8. Why all the intel love in this thread?
I know, besides my graphics crapping out i havent had to upgrade anything in this machine since i built it like 3 or 4 years ago. But you are on a board for "technosexuals" that need the newer stuff to feel like they got a dick to swing.

>unironically using Windows 10