/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News
Asus Zenfone 3 review
gsmarena.com/asus_zefone_3_ze552kl-review-1521.php

LG V30 won't have a secondary display, to be replaced with something even better?
gsmarena.com/lg_v30_wont_have_a_secondary_display_to_be_replaced_with_something_even_better-news-21728.php

Huawei silently makes the Mate 9 Lite official
gsmarena.com/huawei_silently_makes_the_mate_9_lite_official-news-21715.php

Huawei P10 or P10 Plus reportedly spotted in another image
gsmarena.com/huawei_p10_or_p10_plus_reportedly_spotted_in_another_image-news-21714.php

Nokia smartphones are coming in 2017, the company confirms
gsmarena.com/nokia_smartphones_are_coming_in_2017_the_company_confirms-news-21713.php

Alleged image of Xiaomi Mi Mix Nano about screen shows its specs
gsmarena.com/alleged_image_of_xiaomi_mi_mix_nano_about_screen_shows_its_specs-news-21699.php

OnePlus 3T Review!
[MKBHD]youtu.be/0f_BTRPUr6k

Michael Fisher: OnePlus 3T review
youtu.be/__PmU8N0Lrw

prev

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-galaxy-s7-edge-cases/
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to check if phone bootloader is unlocked
gsmarena.com/zte_zmax_pro-8096.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is google pixel rootable and xposed?

what phone, under 200$ (im willing to go to 3), takes the best pictures in any light setting?

Are chinkphones worth the money? I heard the cameras are garbage but everything else is on point.

Nexus 5x.

RN3P.

>break my phone last week
>get a cheap Moto G4 play to hold me over
>this happens
Fuck this is great

What?

7 hours of screen time

Nice

Fuck im torn between the axon 7 and the OP3T. the price isnt so much the problem as it is the features, id really like the 32 bit DAC and the standard dash charge mechanism for the axon 7, but the fact that the OS is dogshit concerns me, as the only cyanogen mod support is unofficial. Anyone have a axon 7 with cyan on it? any issues?

Do I repair my Samsung S6's amoled screen for $200 or is it better to buy a new phone, like the OP3T? I would outright just buy another phone below $500 but I'm not sure if it's worth it since the S6 isn't that old.

Sup Sup Forumseeks sadly my previous smartphone, a very good note 3, broke and i need to replace it asap.

Now i was wondering which smartphone to buy, budget isnt really an issue and i am from Argentina, i do not really care about the camera or gaming ( although it is a plus ) what i usually do with it is reading some mangas, novels, etc while listening to music.

What i care about is the size and a good/big screen since my hands are used to hold my NOTE 3, which was big and i was looking forward to buy the NOTE 7 but shit happened, and when i grabbed the s7 edge of an acquaintance it felt awkward and likely to fall from my hands.

Having said that should i really go for the s7 edge?.

Motorola has always used black magic to get more battery life with their phones, all of them last far longer than they have any right to.

Galaxy s5 best phone of all time

V20 if you want a big ass phone.

probably not that big of a jump
but also probably not worth to repair

S4 was better in almost every way.

Yyy?

Is it water resistant?. I ask since according to what i read it isnt but perhaps at some degree it also workd.

Sorry I forgot to add that i also want that mostly because i usually shower while reading something on my phone. Thanks!.

Couldn't you just get a launcher?

No. only Samsung, Apple and Sony do that on their flagships these days. so go with S7E.

Nope

Motorola does as well.

alot of my issues arise with stuff that a launcher cant touch like settings windows.

Oh fuck i can not get out of the s7edge meme train... i have also read that there are some people that claim that the s7edge could also be suffering the very same problem that killed the note 3 while samsung is taking the "no confirmed cases" stand?.

Oh well i will have to buy a big ass case or something. Having said that what case do you recommend since it looks soft as fuck. Thanks!

Can confirm. Currently rocking S5 with Cyanogenmod based on Android 7.1. More than 30 months of daily use and the phone is still going strong.

Is it possible to tell if a phone's bootloader has ever been unlocked or factory reset image changed?

Never heard about any issue with them.
pick a case you like from
digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-galaxy-s7-edge-cases/

You can look at Zenfone 3 Deluxe and Mi Max if you want a fuckhuge phone.

Thanks user!. But none of them are waterproof isnt it?.

And if i discard the water resistance would the V20 be better than the other phones that you mentioned?.

Probably, but S7E is better.

Yes

Is the Google Pixel XL a good replacement for the Nexus 6? I'm looking to get a new phone now that I'm eligible.
Also, is the Pixel able to be unlocked and rooted?

just went to get a new iphone 7 plus

just went to verizon is the U.S. and i feel like i just got rammed in the ass and i still dont have a new phone. im on some payment plan for my note 5 and im only half way through that payment. my mother let me take her upgrade so i thought i could go just buy an iphone for like $300 and then keep paying off my not 5 or just sell it back or trade in whatever its called. but no i still have my note and they said i will have to pay $580 over 24 if i use the upgrade. is this normal? im very confused because last time i got a phone i walked in with an upgrade paid $200 and walked out in 10 minutes. today i was there for like an hour and now the upgrade seems worthless now since im still paying $580. plz help me fiugure this out for the love of god i feel so retarded

How?

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to check if phone bootloader is unlocked

Removable battery
mSD
Great screen
Decent battery life
Mature but still modern android version
NFC
Water resistant(NOT WATERPROOF YOU CUNTS)

S5(and 4) ARE the thinkpads of the smartphones.

embarrassing desu

Faggot desu

sorry meant for the guy trying so hard to relate to Sup Forums here

Is 499 good for HTC 10

>Falling for the monthly repayment contracted plan meme

Nicely done goy.

Faggot

what else can i do? im only 20 and live with my mom and shes in charge of the plans i just pay for my phone usually when i have an upgrade

From what I've read and seen, not if you get the Verizon-branded version. The ones that ship from the Google play store have unlockable bootloaders though, so get that one if you wanna pull the trigger.

Faggot

>Buy a phone outright
>Shop around for a good month-to-month mobile plan
>...
>Profit

Unless you're one of those yanks that live in a 1 provider area in which case kys.

My carrier is verizon.Can i just buy it, go to the store and have them add it to my number?

Yeah, I'm on Sprint, so the Google Store version would be the one I'd have to buy.
Now to find a spare $700+ lying around my home.

Looking to upgrade from a moto x2. Is there any point in waiting and hassling around to get a oneplus 3t or is a 3 acceptable for a light user? Just need something that will last and has a decent battery (~1-1.5days)

Tell me why i shouldn't wait and get the Huawei Mate 9 Pro /spg/

buy phone outright, go prepaid

no

>niggawhat.jpg
A5 2016 mostly Wi-Fi web browsing, music and shitposting

HTC 10 vs S7 Edge vs Pixel??

Do white phones get dirty easily? I like white, but I always go black.

This. Love the look of the Pixel, but it has a lower resolution than the S7 and isn't water resistant. The camera on the s7 appears to take better photos as well. Aside from having Nougat, is there something that puts the Pixel over the top?

Alright, so my redmeme finally made it's way to Texas damn near a month after ordering it, and I have a few questions.
When I put in my sim card (cricket) from my old phone into my redmeme, it tells me I have service, but I don't seem to have a data connection. It gives me the options to switch from 4g to 3g and 2g, but none work. Do I have to call up my carrier to switch my shit, or is it simply not compatible? If I put it back in my old phone, I get 4G back just fine.
Also, how easy is it to flash cyanogenmod on these things? I've always rooted my phones, but never flashed a custom ROM.

>he doesn't buy phones as a fashion accessory
What's the point. It's all the same shit almost.

Does anyone have any advice on getting a phone off the blacklist in North America? I know stores will do it for ~$90 where I live. Looking to do it for free/ for myself. Legality is a non-issue.

Give it back, Tyrone.

Return it, Da'quarius

That's not the way you do it.

Get a job DuSean, buy your own phone.

Stop stealing phones Sha-nay-nay

Nuh-uh, Tray-tray

I'm planning to get an honor 8 for 300 USD online black friday, it seems like a great phone for that price. Is its battery life decent? I'm coming from a 1st gen moto g whose battery won't usually last even 12 hours with moderate use anymore.

I'm also considering the axon 7, which will be 350 USD. Is it worth the extra $50? Is its battery life worse than the honor 8, given its higher resolution display? I like the form factor and features of both phones.

Colour TVvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Is stock android so good that /r/android jerks off to the over priced pixel?

I went from a Galaxy S2 to Moto X Play. I like the battery life and the specs are fine for my usage. But I fucking hate stock Android. It's so limiting and even annoying at times. I don't want to install dodgy third party apps that mine my data just to put back what my old Samsung phone had in the first place. Can't believe I fell for this meme.

On-screen buttons are also a fucking scam. Rob you of screen space (in most instances my 5.5" screen end up being a 5" screen. They're unsatisfying to press, and worst of all I can't change Google's shit layout. Back on the left is so fucking annoying.

pretty much the best non-phablet Android phone ever

how can I make it waterproof? I'm clumsy and stuff

I need a chink for less than $160, any advice? It has to be 5" or less.

i'm thinking on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro, but i dont know much about chinks

Still waiting on one of these to get here from China.

Add $40 and you can get the Zuk Z2 with SD820+4GB RAM.
Otherwise the R4P is ok.

$160 is really the max that i can afford,thanks for the input

Just moved back to Android from Sailfish. What's the 'correct' way of closing a program so it doesn't stay open and hog all my battery?

I miss multitasking.

is the Neo rootable or should I just stick with the older one?

Go into the settings and deny the app the ability to wake/keep awake/run in the background.

Otherwise if you just exit normally, it'll probably open itself back up and keep doing shit (given it's that sort of app).

People who don't use Nova/Action launcher: what do you use?

Come on. I know there have to be a few of you on here.

google now launcher.

I'm looking for a new phone to be used in the US (any carrier). Screen size under 5.5", prefer CM support, not opposed to chink devices but prefer 4G. Unlimited budget, but I'm also considering options around $300 and upgrading later.

Right now I'm looking at the S7 (exynos or snapdragon?) but it has no CM as far as I know, and the Mi5/pro (no 4G). Any suggestions?

ZUK Z2 Pro. has CM13 and RR and American LTE bands.

But S7 edge performs slower than v20.
Check out versus vids on YouTube.

HTC 10 is the best all rounded.

Some if you are a normie and care about the camera.

Pixel if you are clueless.

Upgrading my phone on Verizon soon.
Do you still have to pay like 250 bucks up front or have they changed it in the last 2 years?

What does Sup Forums use Dual SIM for? I don't travel often, but my phone has it. I was thinking of getting a $20 prepaid card from a different provider as a backup for emergencies.

Is Nokia Lumia's any good?

>windows phone
it's shit.

Is a 1st gen Moto G 4g still a good buy? I have one, and am thinking of getting one for my dad; someone's offering an as-new one for half price.

There will be official CM14 support on Android 7.0 soon t.b.h. lad.
Just get a launcher for now

No. G4P is much better and will cost just as much.

It costs three times as much as a half price G LTE.

If you don't have $99 to spend on a phone it's your problem, poorfag.

I"m not going to tell my dad to waste 260 NZD on an email machine, friendo

Underage b& detected.

Need a new phone, I'm considering an Oukitel K10000 and a Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 3, there are better alternatives in the price range 150-200 euromonies? (living in Italy, H3G as carrier)

decent.

Anyone have experience with the ZTE Zmax Pro?

Was planning on getting it to upgrade from my Galaxy Light but curious if there's any better options around the price range ($100). Carrier is MetroPCS

gsmarena.com/zte_zmax_pro-8096.php

True, they very much are the thinkpads of smartphones. Which is why I didn't buy it.

Is the zuk z2 pro any good?

I want good Camera and battery life.