>doesn't even buy a 1080
>did good
lol

>Nvidia
lol

t. Poor fags

>Inspired By Gamers
lol

How is the first guy a poorfag by telling op to buy something more expensive, shill

>4 days before black friday

I have a 980ti, but even I know I shouldn't buy Nvidia.

yeah, solid card. i ditched my 390 for one and couldn't be happier. maya actually works with this and the drivers aren't bugged on gta.

980ti is acceptable choice as it is same performance as 1080. Fellow 980ti master race checking in

>980ti same performance as 1080
Kys, its same as oc 1060

>did daddy do good

in another context please

why are you posting my screenshot?

>reference meme70
No.

You don't even need a 1080, it's a waste unless you plan to fag around with Ultra 50k HD mods.

Best bang for buck one, but you should have gone for an EVGA one at least.

>980ti is same performance as a 1080
Lol no, 980ti is no where near as powerful as a 1080, its even weaker than a 1070

>evga
Enjoy those explosions

let me guess, you actually ordered a 1080

daddy make good choices

where is my reward?

Spot the faggots that overpaid and "waited" for Pascal.

An over clocked 980 to meets or beats a 1080 and the fucking 1070 is no where near it. You sad sad fucks

t. poor fag immigrant

>980

Meant 980 ti

>980
Enjoy your housefire whereas 10 series desktop GPUs can run in laptops with no features cut.

nice meme

>Inspired by cold hared cash. built by Jews.

Fucking LOL

Now I'm waiting on the "NICE RIGGED BENCHMARKS, SHILL" response, because thats all you can do

That's my 1070 ftw, asshole

You sad sad piece of shit, you don't know what you're talking about

Pascal was never meant for gaming, it was meant to improve Maxwell's SHIT compute performance.

Volta is where it is for Nvidia in may. Will blow the doors off of Pascal. Nvidiots are too stupid to understand this though.

>1070
>not 1080
>not titan x
pathetic peasant

>inb4 its performs the same as pascal

>in may
What the fuck

He said an overclocked 980 Ti, not a throttling stock model. He's also right. A 980 Ti at ~1500MHz is a good 5% faster than a 1070 at ~2100MHz. If you really have a good 980 Ti and can break 1500MHz, it's damn near stock 1080 performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=RzB6AOM1tN8

You can see there a 980 Ti with a relatively modest overclock of 1452MHz staying within 10% of a stock 1080. Add the extra 80MHz or so that any decent 980 Ti can do and you have yourself stock 1080 performance.

Both the 1060 and 1070 are only faster than the 980 and 980 Ti out of the box due to more aggressive boosting. Overclock versus overclock, they lose out.

>daddy
You mean your mom's husband? Sure.

>980ti is acceptable choice as it is same performance as 1080

Fuck off

More like poor chinese

volta is only the high end as far as i know. the next gen cards will just be refreshes of pascal on a more mature 14nm process from samsung which will give them better efficiency and high clocks alongside better ipc. amd are doing the same with the rx 485.

HOOK
LINE
AND SINKER

Pascal was never on Nvidia road map, it was slid in

>tfw pascal was some hardware engineers play toy whilst they were developing volta
>literally an afterthought arch made in some chinks spare time during r&d
>still blows the fuck out of amd

wew

>You

Pascal is really two entirely different things.
The GTX 10x0 is essentially only a shrunk Maxwell.
The GP100 is the next generation core architecture, including the HBM support.

The GTX 11x0 series will actually have all the "real" Pascal improvements regardless of whether it's called Volta or anything else.

At least you didn't buy the one that catches on fire.

I'm thinking of buying one. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Very good goy

>thermal paste causes explosions
Sup Forums everyone.

>Not Titan X
>Not 1080

BAWW I CAN'T PWN NOOB WITH THIS INFERIOR GFX I HATE U DAD.

>using such an old graph that does not include the latest games and latest GPU's.

>Did daddy do good
Are you a tranny with a sugardaddy or something?

New RX 480 dies are giving better performance per watt than the initial run. Some of the XFX GTR 480's are hitting around the 100 watts mark even with a mild overclock. Equaling and sometimes beating the GTX 1060 on power usage. GloFlo just needed to get their shit together. Expect even better versions of Polaris under refreshes (RX580 anyone?).

>tfw 1060 poorfag

>he spends 400 dollars on a gpu for gaymen
loooooooooooooooooool

are 1060 that bad? I'm also fucking poor and I am looking to upgrade from my 960. Am I better off waiting for 1070 or 1080 to drop once something new comes out?

no

Fuck
You

GTX 1080 is meant for 1080p 144hz gaming. Not some ultra 4k gaming card. 4k is a meme and no single card can successfully drive a game in 4k @ 100+ fps

I'm using a nitro fury for 1440p 144Hz
Am I doing it right?