This thread is about the appreciation of watches...

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/232151207433
audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak-offshore/26703ST.OO.A070CA.01/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man, I really want a Grand Seiko.... Nobody will know how much that costs. Most people would not know the difference between a grand seiko and a Sarb, but they are so pretty and I know the difference.

Such a subtle elegance.

I'm a slut for grand seiko. Aesthetically sexy and a beautiful spring drive movement.

The moment I have 5 grand available I'm gonna spread my bussy for this snowflake.

It's a lot of cash even if it's worth every dollar. Are there any Grand Seikos with a lume?

I to would love a Grand Seiko. But I'm starting with something more affordable. Pic related.

stop posting shitters

what do you guys think of this fucker? It doubles as a flashlight

even if i had the money i could never feel comfortable wearing 5k on my wrist

just seems dumb

new rolex

Show me the clasp.

how much? hows the quality?

You're wasting your time, that's just an inept spammer.

$100

the quality is surprisingly good for a parnis i think it's very hit or miss with them but this has solid links and feels very heavy and real

it's a good solid clasp

that's awesome if it works, could you read by the light or find your keys in the dark with it?

>SUPER ILLUMINATOR

lol awesome

tfw no cartier wearing watch gf

I love it when they place the crowns in that manner. Very glycine airman esq.

One guy in one of these threads had the only watch that'd I'd wanna wear, but I can't remember what it was.

It was analog, had a fully glowing face, and had a single hand.

Anybody know what it might be?

it's bright as all hell and yes you can find your way around a dark room with it

no silly a watch has two hands. hour and minute

>I love it when they place the crowns in that manner. Very glycine airman esq.

i think it looks good

and you don't notice the light till you turn it on, it's a very simple looking watch

:^)

>It was analog, had a fully glowing face, and had a single hand.

sounds kinda gay desu

kinda real gay

sounds like some timex indiglo meme watch

seriously you should ask in the /fa/ watch thread. there are a bunch of fags there that are into minimalist fast fashion trash like MVMT

wtf

does it charge up the lume?

That reminds me of the Victorinox Night Vision, which has always interested me as a neat little gadget

I didn't say it looks bad. Just a compliment.

Red pill me on Chinese movements and watches.

They make 400 dollar tourbillions with other working complications. They have eta clones that seem on par with their swiss counterparts. They decorate their movements beautifully.

I would think Sup Forums would be open to buying these watches over the Swiss alternative that is Seiko/orient. Sup Forums is no stranger to Chinese products like headphones and cellphones, why not Chinese watches?

yes but it kills the battery, if you use it a lot you have to change the battery about once a year

they are hit or miss and if you buy a complex one and some part of it breaks there is no warranty

I bought 2 chink watches on 11:11 day. A Tudor black back homage, and a IWC pilots watch as well. Cant wait for them to arrive!

chink phones are made for the chinese and Indian market and need to work, they are made by companies that at least have some name recognition

their shitbox watches do not have the same utility value and you normally don't really know who makes them even the parnis brand is really just a word a bunch of non related people use to sell watches

unless the seller on ebay honors some 30 day warranty or something you will never get anyone to fix any problems, the factory if you can find them, will not talk to you

the one thing that is interesting to me about the chinese watch industry is the chinese standard movement, which is such a bizarre expression of chinese racial character that it could never have happened in any other country's watch industry ever. it's fascinating and is why i have a shanghai 7120 in my collection.

but there is nothing else interesting about the chinese watch industry, which consists otherwise of just insect race hivemind rote copying of what the european watchmakers do, but at lower quality and cost.

seiko/orient/casio are a completely different game

someone should make this into a generic bracelet so any watch could have it

thoughts on TW Steel in general? Been eyeing one of these lately

Hated this when I first saw it, but now I have a massive hard on for it. What are you lusting after at the moment, /wt/?

why what's gonna happen

getting mugged or scratching the shit out of it comes to mind

i would just feel i could not really do anything with my left arm in case i scratch my 5000dollar watch

that's why i got a sinn. if i scratch the case with a screwdriver, it shreds off flakes of steel *from the screwdriver*.

So my chronos order I cancelled arrived today, they still haven't contacted me after a week, I figure I'll send them a message again tomorrow and give them one more week to give me shipping details and my refund otherwise I'm doing a fucking chargeback. How can you cancel an order and then ship it a week later? Fucking ridiculous.

where can i get one of these? What's the model number?

you sound hard to deal with

you're underestimating yourself, the watch or your wallet

Not really, I'm just pissed that I cancelled my order, they told me it was cancelled, and then literally a week later they sent the fucking thing anyway and haven't bothered to get back to me for still yet another week. I have to draw the line somewhere and this is way past acceptable customer service.

I can just think of a lot of other stuff i would rather do with $5000, i personally know millionaires who don't have stuff like that

shit happens, it will get worked out

you placed an order and got a watch, sorry they made a mistake it's not that big of a deal

That's why their millionaires m8.

exactly

>where can i get one of these? What's the model number?

they are not made anymore

>tfw you pussy out from pulling the trigger on a watch at the very last second

wew

>tfw you spend way too much on a rare watch because you are drinking and on ebay

fuck

UGLY

>getting mugged
that's what your pistol is for, cuck, to keep that $5000 on your wrist instead of in Jamal's crackhouse

ur ugly

DELET

want

Who is going to mug your grand seiko? It's not a rolex.

that's true with muggers it's rolex only

Hello Sup Forumss, I just pulled the trigger on an ebay ap offshore diver chronograph for $50. Praying that it's real. After checking back and forth for like 15 minutes the only problem that I could find was something that I'll keep to myself and see if anyone else can spot it (ebay.com/itm/232151207433 _____________ audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak-offshore/26703ST.OO.A070CA.01/). Tell me if I've fucked up.

I figure if it doesn't turn out then I'll make a fuss with ebay and get my money back and if that doesn't turn out then it's only 50 buckers. If it does turn out then I've got a dope watch if I want or thousands of dollars if I want.

ayy

>ebay.com/itm/232151207433
lol fagt

do you know what that red light at the bottom is for?

>$5000
>alot of money

You'll blow through that on shitty fast food, movies and bullshit you wont even remember in a year.Or you could get a grand seiko and or some decent watch and have a heirloom, conversation starter or just a reliable time piece.

I hate the hurr millionaires are frugal bullshit.If they are shame on them. Last I checked you cant take anything with you to the grave.

If you're scared of getting robbed or something dont go to seedy areas or somewhere you aren't familiar with looking like a target.

Posted a similar post in the last thread:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Blue Mako II, can you convince me that the SKX is a better choice?

mad

just get the one you personally like best

Both are nice, SKX has the tool watch aesthetic while the Ray is overall nice.

yeah five grand for a watch is nothing, you are so right

Ayyy

That's what I'm gonna do, just wanted to find out if there is something big I'm missing out on. The new Mako is handwinding and hacking, has an updated 120 click bezel, is more accurate and also has a supposedly better bracelet. The only thing I'm worried is scratching the crystal as I heard it's less scratch resistant than hardlex, but hopefully I won't bang it around that much

Rate my watch

get the Mako II USA, it has sapphire crystal.

Are u testing it?

What model is this?

Pretty nice/10

BASED

Ya, that's it

So, did it survive?

Did you also test its shock resistance?

I've been pondering buying it for a long time, it's really a gorgeous watch.

Nothing to survive. Little bit of snow will do no harm.

I don't remember the exact model, I think it is SNK605 or something. I can check the model later

Oh ok, I tought it was sitting in the freezer.

I've another question: how accurate it is?

Pretty accurate.

Where did you buy the Seagull?

is it water resistant?

>tfw you cancel an order for a watch you didn't really want

How are the overall quality of Victorinox in general? I've been looking at a couple this week but I've held off so far but I'm a bit of a noob here

Looking for a new watch Sup Forums

Currenlty own a Ceramic Sub but i'm disliking the maxi case more and more so will be selling it. I was thinking either Sea-Dweller 4000 or go big with the Deepsea. what are your thoughts?

>I don't like the maxi case
>let me buy an even more egregious sub

might as well get the 18k bracelet version while you are at it

It's the proportions, not the size of the watch. Those lugs are too big for 40mm

Deepsea and Sea-dweller don't come in 2 tone or gold versions, and gold doesn't suit me so out of the question.

No

Why do white people and rappers like Rolex so much?

it's a nigger and wigger thing

the bigger the rolex, the bigger the douche

you don't get jokes do you?

>apparently NOS
Would 850 euros be too much?