What annoys me the most is that fucking cpu
THERE WERE NO G3S THAT FAST EVER

Fake and gay

uname -r

hm

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android

Kys youself you stuttering faggot

stuttering adds style to my personality

nice m8 should have posted that to begin with. so what apps are available and how is calling and texting on it

>It strives to liberate the computers in our pockets with Gentoo philosophy and style
Great, so now I can have a command line on my phone and render it useless

kill yourself yourself ?

if I wish I was competent enough to contribute to the project. If they could get a display server working on top of it then we could have a fully function Gentoo phone

>kysys

Kys youreselve fagot

responding for the pic

is Sup Forums just one big autism contest?
>hahaha guys look I force myself to use a shitty OS meant for servers and poorfags
>hey duderinos check out this hot ANIME DESKTOP I made
>hey poorfags how do you like my neatly organized computer desk I spent $20,000 on?
>look I fucking installed that same useless piece of shit operating system on MY PHONE

Like jesus fuck its a biggest dick conest but replaces dicks with how much you waste the resources of this planet by breathing you lardass autist.

What the fuck is the point of trying to make being a pathetic fuck a competition?

>is Sup Forums just one big autism contest?
Yes
Biggest autists are in the homescreen thread. It'll scare you how autistic those threads get.

this is a vm or wut

Do you have Aspreger's Syndrome? Serious question, not meant as an insult.

Not OP but this was main reason I didn't do it.

see there's really no reason to do it except for fun desu

Avoiding botnet as well. Also hipster reasons.

Is it using parts of Android or is that UI a Gentoo thing?

What about calls/the baseband processor?

alright but would you care to elaborate i am genuinely curious about it

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android

SORRYBUT GENTOO IS FOR COMPUTERS
NOT PHONES

Isn't root access on a modern phone restricted to the manufacturer, network operator, and gobmint agencies?

Because I installed Arch.

Not if you're intelligent :^)

>Implying I am not above all those listed.

Define the 'computer', homo.

But i have?

Posted from my Samsung(tm) Galaxy (tm) S6(tm)

I do have a Gentoo on my laptop, but installing it on phone is probably an exercise in futility.
Phones are too weak to compile C and C++ soft in any reasonable timeframe, and compiling will kill your battery, so you would have to offload it to your desktop or laptop, which isn't always guaranteed to be near your phone or tablet.
Also, because you're limited to CLI, on the absolute shittiest kind of keyboard possible, and all the programmes you can compile for CLI, its usefulness is really limited. You can't substitute your usual Android ecosystem with it, so it will be a nice bonus for a few programs at most.
Also, Gentoo Portage tree takes up tons of space too.
But really, the biggest dealbreaker is the need for compilation. Maybe if it could spawn X server it would actually have a use case, though.
I just run Termux for all of this, honestly. Mostly only sshd too, can't think of more programs to install.

>Implying the entirety of Sup Forums isn't just one big, years-long, highly competitive autism contest

>Kernel: ARMv7 Linux
>CPU: PowerPC G3

Explain yourself, OP.

you can compile packages for your phone on your laptop you should read up on emerge more

install solus

Yeah, I know, but it means you will have to have your turned on, working laptop nearby every time you want to install a program. It will also need a cross-compiler for it, more than likely.

it does not need a cross compiler and not everyone has a laptop not to mention the fact that programs for a phone are going to be compiled for quicker on any laptop or desktop

also you could do it all on your phone thought ssh

>does not need a cross compiler
Unless your phone is x86, you will need an ARM compiler on your laptop/desktop to compile things. Am I wrong? How else do you get an ARM ELF?
>programs for a phone are going to be compiled quicker on any laptop or desktop
Quicker compared to what? Compared to phone? Or are you saying compiling for ARM itself is quicker for some reason?
>also you could do it all on your phone through ssh
Um, I could also just use a built-in terminal. The problem is, I assume, it's gonna take a lot of time and power to compile packages on a freaking underpowered phone, though.
Then again, my phone is actually really old, and I never really tested compiling stuff like ffmpeg on a phone. It's just an assumption.

fuck (you)

>emulating gentoo instead of running native Linux shell commands on Android

Sigh...

god no

Trump save us

fck off

>installing it on phone is probably an exercise in futility.

I've had Gentoo running on worse hardware.

Why the fuck do people install desktop linux on their phones. How can literally anyone use the terminal on an onscreen keyboard?

Fuck off.

>tfw I'm never having kids so your image is as worthless as you are

Praise Trump for he will be the third greatest president in US history.

Fuck no.

Jew

You better be worth a damn Johnson

I care about this.

pls no

>he isn't running MS-DOS on his Windows Phone

what a fucking pleb

>hahaha guys look I force myself to use a shitty OS meant for servers and poorfags
Leave. Sup Forums isn't for you. Sup Forums is for people who find it fun to hack improbable things together, people who make gentoo run on a phone or a car just because it's possible. Just leave an take your macbook, graphics card and mechanical keyboard threads with you.

wht if no boi?

REEEE

(You)

but i did

noooo

fuck off aaaaaaa

Fake, gay

>installing gentoo while following a tut
>some (lots of) hiccups here and there but i manage to get through them
>get to grub installation
>"lol if you have UEFI system figure that shit out yourself senpai kbye"
No wonder people dont use linux

>he can't even man grub-install

Maybe Linux isn't for you, user.

it's not fake, look at the top right and you will see the binaries are running on the phone, not over ssh or something

>installing a basement fag os

kek

Please no

>trying to learn GNU/LINUX
>never delt with grub before
>lol just give up, youre not 1337 enough for linux
Case in point

Not third time in the row, please.