What file manager do you use Sup Forums?

What file manager do you use Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

people.ee.ethz.ch/~davidsch/vistafm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

windows explorer and nautilus

Finder or Alfred.

thunar and midnight commander on gahnoo slash loonix

my computer and total commander on windows

I would use nautilus if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't allow one to manually type the path (/home/username/desktop)

ranger.

+1

thunar and ranger

Path Finder.

well currently I use something called
"explorer.exe"

>pic related

PCManFM

>dumb folders not hidden in this pc/my computer

It might be because I actually use these folders
Don't you dare to say something about my file organisation

nautilus

This

I use those folders too, they are just annoying in "this pc", especially in file open dialogs when you have to actually scroll down in the folder list to see your real drives.

well currently I use something called
"explorer.exe"

>pic related

Why Ranger though?
What's the attraction?

its small and light, like my penis

I do get your point.
But I don't have this problem since my screen is pretty big and so is my "file open dialog"

Also
Should I sync all of these folders to onedrive? There is plenty of space left in my onedrive

explorer.exe on my windows system, thunar on my linux system

Windows: Explorer
Android: FX
Linux terminal: Midnight Commander

He's a newfag just like you.

Ranger is the best option.

spacefm

nothing comes close

Dolphin.

install gentoo

lol!!!!!

Windows Explorer

Ubuntu's default. It's apparently just called "Files"

triggered

tree

> doesn't even know the name of the program he's using

Reminds me of my old Amiga.

Windows: Explorer
Android: MK Explorer
Terminal: Midnight Commander

that looks really comfy actually

How can I if the system keeps trying to hide it from me? It took me forever to find out that "Document Viewer" is actually Evince. I don't know what's up with this recent trend of obfuscating things from the user.

The Amiga was the comfiest computer ever made.

Its demise was one of the greatest tragedies in computing.

It's probably Nautilus, or some retarded fork of it.

How'd you get the grayish theme? I lik it desu :')

Try looking at the process name in htop

How'd you get the grayish theme? I lik it desu :')

Looks like he's using Ades.

dired

Nvm, found it. Ades Theme.

Nautilus changed it's name to GNOME Files in 3.6. Its application name is simply Files

dolphin masterrace reporting in

What the fuck have you done

I bet he watched serial experiments lain or something

I wish Copland OS was real

it's nautilus

it's kinda bullshit that they're not stating that. i can understand calling it "files" everywhere else for simplicity's sake and to make it as transparent and intuitive as possible for normos but the about thing should say NAUTILUS.

bist 1 ganz schöner Wichser, Andreas

disregard my post i suck dick

still confusing, they could just have it say "formerly nautilus" or something

i wish win10 would have better support for themes.

looks like this one is broken with the latest update

Use proper German at least.

I'm currently alternating between Nautilus and SpaceFM. It's pretty sad that there's not a single file manager for linux with a well integrated file search, undo functionality and a trash bin.

Nein

Dolphin.

thunar and ranger

It's this theme easy to fully get rid off once you don't like it? Or it messes stuff up upon installation?

It's just a theme that you can change in the Personalize menu just like you would switch to one of the preinstalled High Contrast themes.

It's pretty great. There are some things it can do that I haven't seen from other file managers, such as being able to add files from several different directories to a copy queue and then pasting them all at once to the destination. Also, it works over ssh which is nice when you just want to see something slightly more graphical.

Tip for the future: open a terminal and run
xprop | grep -i class then click on the program you want to identify.

Pcmanfm and ranger.

it wrecks your system if you have the latest update. just keep that in mind and check.

It has a fuckton of KDE dependencies though. Only really worth it if you're using that DE anyway.

>thunar
No filesearch at all (workaround with catfish is terrible)
No undo functionality

>ranger
I don't really want a console based file manager.

stop cucking yourself to steve jobs' corpse

careful with dat edge eugene

Dolphin

What DE are you using?

CTRL-L

No DE. I use Openbox as my window manager.

winfile.exe

people.ee.ethz.ch/~davidsch/vistafm/

These represent the very reasonable approach of fully utilizing vertical space in detailed view (Windows Explorer before Vista did that too).

Why do all graphical file managers in Linux have to be so wasteful (like this for example), having all the pointless empty space between items?

>Install
>Install.info
>you had to have the icon and much of the metadata (associated program (known as "default tool"), etc.) in a separate file
>if file foo didn't have a corresponding foo.info, foo had no icon at all and thus was never visible in the native workbench gui, only in the shell or third party file managers like directory opus

How was that a good thing?

For what purpose? How is "Files" a better fucking name that "Nautilus"? Was it changed to appease morons and noggers?

Rox Filer

personally i always liked the OSX naming policy where a number of the programs/apps are simply named by what they are and do (mail, calendar, [i]Books, etc).

it's just more straightforward than opening your app folder/menu/bar and having a ist of programs all called SeaUrchin or IceDawg or iExploreFilezManagerApp ..

ofc one could argue that makes more sense in a closed, more strictly controlled environment like the OSX desktop than a fractured platform like linux where distinction is necessary. still that distinction doesn't really have to be visible to the end user

GNOME is trying to be Mac

Totally forgot that one existed

isn't it mutter ? which replaced nautilus on Gnome ?

cd

nice tip! I keep it for the next.
but what if I use Wayland ?

good point

perhaps to be consistent for touch devices ?

everyone's trying to be mac. the windows bottom bar format of large icons, no text is essentially a dock crammed into the lower left corner. unity is basically a dock + a global menu. even some of the more hidden functionality is OSX inspired, eg that you can search application menus now, which is fucking fantastic if you're using something with deep, nested menus like image manipulation software or whatever.

Apple and MS are copying shit left and right, even iOS is lifting stuff from third party apps. remember when multiple desktops were uniquely a linux thing?

imho nothing wrong with getting inspired or lifting elements from the competition. disapproval of the integration of useful features from one platform into another just leads to forced, usually inferior solutions. as long as you do it properly, integrate it in a way to make it look, feel and work as a native component, it's fine by me.

it's the opposite of those riced out desktops you see that look like OSX or windows 10 on first glance but have none of the functionality.

spacefm niggers

kek this one actually looks kinda comfy, might consider switching to it

I've just now realized Micosoft's retarded idea of calling directories "folders" has made it to the Linux world and the cancer is already stage IV.

nice

makes sense within the context of a now ubiquitous desktop metaphor.

it's much more intuitive that you can copy, delete or move around a folder than a directory

"container" would maybe more semantically non-triggering but it sounds retarded

btw
>files
how about that

Fuck touch, make another fucking file manager then which is suitable for that. Why does desktop stuff have to give in and change for the sake of touch stuff? How about the other way around, touch cucks give in and just cope with desktop-optimized stuff?

Alternatively, just make line spacing an adjustable feature, so normal desktop users can set it to a minimal value, and sausage finger morons can have it as large as they need to.

>not making your own file manager
it's like you don't respect your freedom

noice with mime types and shit set for terminal and spacefm for GUI.

(I would use thunar or pcmanfm but those depend on Freedesktop and GNOME cancer)

Nautilus on desktop, ranger on server.

Nice, somewhat similar to the NT5 classic explorer. Have you uploaded it as a package or as source?

Dolphin squadron swimming in.