Are they worth the $350 price tag?

Although you're getting both bluetooth and wired capabilities, top tier noise cancelling, comfort, decent-good build quality, long battery charge and voice prompts, is it worth the price? I've tested these out in best buy and I really enjoy the sound quality and noise cancelling. I'm a student who transits by bus in the afternoon and walks downtown quite a bit by the way,

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-35
v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless/
htc.com/us/accessories/htc-high-res-audio-earphones/
blog.bolt.io/how-it-s-made-series-yup-our-beats-were-counterfeit-but-they-cost-about-the-same-to-make-as-the-364cc6808d18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I actually have these, for the first few days they hurt my ears after about an hour, didn't really feel anything when I tested them out at best buy so that surprised and worried me for a bit.

Now though I wear them for about 9 hours at work and 4 hours at home playing games or talking on Skype, even with the extended use it pretty much lasts me almost the full 2 days without a charge and charges really fast.

Didn't mean to sound like a commercial but they're really great to me, I know it hasn't been very long but I've had them for about 3 or 4 months and they look feel and sound as good as day one but I got them with an employee discount, so take that as you will.

I own these, the sennheiser, and audiotechnica meme headphones. These Bose are great for noise canceling. Amazing for flights, games, etc. I love the sennheiser feeling, Bose hurts the top Of my head after a while. Worth it if you can afford it

Are they WORTH $350? Probably not. But they are worth whatever YOU think they are worth. Consumerism 101. You failed the class, sorry senpai.

>Are they worth the $350 price tag?
No

If OP buys them they are worth it because that's how economic rationalization works yes.

For noise cancelling and sound quality while travelling.. Worth every penny imo, i can't recommend enough

Owned the QC15's since 2009 (until i sat on them) Been on two flights thus far with the 35's.
Sound quality is slightly better than the 15's; don't feel as strong though due to the ear cups twisting motion.

If they can't sell them for $350 then they are worth less. If they sell out at the price point then it's worth much more than that.

I'm pretty sure Amazon has those listed for $299 right now. Plus they might be even cheaper come this week and cyber monday.

Yeah they are good for you I would say, try to get a deal on brack Friday

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-35

Rtings shows good response on all ranges

You didn't read the full three lines

Literally Beats but for white people

like sort of said, what they're worth isn't a-contextual. the question is "are they worth $350 to you". if $350 is all the money you save after paying for necessities over the course of a year, then i really think there are better places to put that money. if this is just a drop in your monthly disposable income, then $350 is inconsequential to you, and these headphones don't have to part the red seas or turn water into wine for them to be "worth it".

i will say that the active noise cancellation tech in bose headphones is unbelievably good. like you should just go try them on. that being said, most people work in environments that just need kind of good passive noise *isolation*. there are TONS of amazing, relatively inexpensive headphones that do this well. the cases where you'd really benefit from active noise cancellation are things like airplanes (you can have the volume on these *way* the fuck down with noise canceling on if you have white noise like a plane engine outside). even the chatter of an open office layout isn't really sufficiently loud to make active noise cancellation necessary. noise isolation should be sufficient.

depending on your needs, i would suggest considering the earbuds instead. the noise cancellation is at least as good (in my opinion, possibly better because they actually seal a little bit, whereas the QC35s just rest on your ears (not even around them).

i've never heard of them hurting someone, but another reason to consider the earbuds

no get the vmoda wirless ones you get to customize your head plates and other stuff, also careful of microwave radiation
v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless/

But wouldn't earbuds soundstage be so ass you kill yourself when you could have wonderful open and light QC 35

i have...
- audio technica ATH-AD700's
- Sony MDR-V6's
- bose QC20's

and the audio quality in the earbuds have never bothered me. i can't imagine how discerning your hearing would have to be to describe them as "so ass you kill yourself".

htc.com/us/accessories/htc-high-res-audio-earphones/

I'll just get these then

i said "in the earbuds". i didn't say "in any earbuds". i'm sure there's a sufficient difference in sound quality between 18 dollar earbuds and all of the other headphones we've discussed in this thread that a normal person would notice it.

don't make your own interpretation of my post that suits your argument if my language clearly ruled that interpretation out. use your brain.

>Are they worth the $350 price tag?
Nigga, there's $11 worth of electronics in there and about $20 woth of plastics, metal and (fake?) leather.

Headphones are the biggest fucking ripoff in the world. Only Monster cables have a higher margin than this shit.

>there's $11 worth of electronics in there
ok

Besides what you said and I do very well know you were referring specifically to QC 20 before, do you really believe that these quality HTC "hi Fi" earbuds and others of quality can match of headphones, even your ATH?

>retard fell for stupid marketing
blog.bolt.io/how-it-s-made-series-yup-our-beats-were-counterfeit-but-they-cost-about-the-same-to-make-as-the-364cc6808d18

>ctrl+f noise canceling
>no results

have you even read the fucking BOM? look at how little electronics cost. that's why I increased my estimate to $11.

wtf do you think it in there? they just have a $4 max DSP for FFT. noise cancellation is not magic you fucking retard.

so is this a bitchy rant about how all technology has huge margins? because what you're saying would apply to basically everything.

and in that case, the observable difference between headphones that cost $11 to manufacture vs headphones that cost $3 to manufacture is pretty huge — certainly big enough that most of us are willing to pay more than $8 to avoid the crummier set.

all of this is to ask what the fuck your point is. this is a thread for people that are willing to spend more money for nicer headphones. whether they're bose or not is coincidental. if this honestly bothers you, just hide the thread and move on.

honestly, i don't understand why people bitch about the premises of thread now that Sup Forums has inlined the code to let you hide threads. you all have access to this feature. stop being retarded niggers and use it.

Sound wise, no
Noise cancelling wise, yes

(if you don't have problems with getting a headache)

>so is this a bitchy rant about how all technology has huge margins? because what you're saying would apply to basically everything.
Sure, but we're talking headphones. Headphone tech hasn't changed much in fucking decades. That's why some of the old Sennheiser designs, for example, are from 1980s and still work great and are still produced. And of course, sold at insane prices.

>and in that case, the observable difference between headphones that cost $11 to manufacture vs headphones that cost $3 to manufacture is pretty huge — certainly big enough that most of us are willing to pay more than $8 to avoid the crummier set.
That's true. But look at it in the context presented. The crummier and better set are separated by less than $20 worth of material yet the better sets cost 10-20x more than crummier ones.

>all of this is to ask what the fuck your point is. this is a thread for people that are willing to spend more money for nicer headphones. whether they're bose or not is coincidental. if this honestly bothers you, just hide the thread and move on.
Well, people are stupid for paying for fucking brand names.

Your description matches the much cheaper bluedio t3.

Anything Bose with noise cancelling is pretty good.

Only reason to buy their products.

Bose isn't the only option.

Plantronics released a similar headset a few years ago called the Backbeat Pro. While slightly larger I would say the audio quality is even better. About $100 cheaper too.

Sony also released one this month called the MDR-1000X. Has a whole bunch of neat new features too. It has been getting amazing reviews. I'll probably pick one up to replace my worn out bose pretty soon.