Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.

I have posted about my problem here a number of times sporadically since probably June of this year. Because I finally have a week off of school, I can focus of solving this issue.

Before I even start this I want to clarify that I am using a genuine Windows 7 SP 1 disc to install wangblows. Yes, I was a good little goy and I actually bought Windows.

I built a computer this year in May, and ever since I built it I have been encountering blue screens. At first I thought it was my hard drive, so I refunded and replaced it. I did this twice, then settled on a hard drive and an SSD. I sent the PC to a local computer repair place and they said they didnt see any problems.

Finally for a month or so the computer worked perfectly. I did encounter one blue screen during the month of June, but because it only occurred once I didnt think anything of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Motherboards/H170-PRO/
pcpartpicker.com/list/YhFf7h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fast forward to July and my computer is bluescreening like crazy. The moment it boots it blue screens, and I literally cant access the internet or anything because the blue screens come rapidly.

I tried running memtest for +10 hours, I removed my video card and ran my pc without it, and I swapped the RAM sticks and ran them individually. Every time no matter what I did, a fucking blue screen. Once again I sent my PC to the local shop and they couldnt find anything.

Strangely enough after a certain point my operating system itself seemed corrupted. The colors and background reversed to default win7 state, and I wasnt able to access my files. At that point I threw my hands up in the air and DBANed my PC. I then let it sit in the corner of my room until today.

Just a few minutes ago I attempted to reinstall windows, and blue screens were coming up during the installation phase. This occurred several times, but eventually the OS installed. However, once it installed I wasnt able to access my Library folders (Pictures, Videos etc), which suggests to me that it didnt completely install. Also, my system was unable to detect my thumb drive, which had blue screen view on it.

I just have no idea what to do. I dont know if this is a hardware or software issue, and I dont have the money to buy new parts and test them, or to send a part across the country/world in order to determine if it's broken. I apoligize for making my own thread instead of asking this in the /sqg/ but I have so much to say about this issue that I felt it deserved it.

bump

Check to make sure your motherboard/bios settings are fuckey. Make sure your cpu cooler and all components are installed properly. If all that checks out try a different hard drive. Try it with linux.

Ive done all of those things. I have updated the bios to the most recent version, and I changed the settings to default then went in and disabled "secure boot" (which can prevent win7 from firing up). I am pretty sure that all of my components are installed a-ok. As for linux, I have ran parted magic on the PC before to test the hard drives and it didnt have any big problems.

One idea I have is that maybe the motherboard just cant handle windows 7. The mobo I am using is an ASUS H170 Pro.

asus.com/Motherboards/H170-PRO/

It's supposedly compatible with 7 but maybe it really isnt.

what do you mean, supposedly? Is it ancient?

The manual claims that it is compatible with Windows 7. But it was made pretty recently so maybe it was designed with Windows 10 in mind.

You should try linux, and make absolutely sure your parts are installed properly.

I guess I can try taking it apart and putting it back together. I swear that it isnt a problem though.

As for linux...muh games.

>Linux = a few less games
>Broken computer = 0 games

>2016
>typing like a retard

Kill yourself, shit for brains.

Trying Linux is not as a long-term thing, it's too see if the crashes occur in another OS aside windows.

I guess I can give ubuntu a whirl and see what happens. And maybe later try installing windows 8.1.

This could be a windows 7 issue. It could also be a hardware issue, maybe the mobo is broken. I just have no way to prove that, as far as I can tell.

Aye, but it's always a good idea to rule out possibilities - if you get problems in Ubuntu then you know it's not windows and is almost certainly a hardware fault, furthermore Linux might have different error messages that give you more information as well.

Alright, I will try this. And if I manage to run this successfully then I will upgrade to Windows 8.1.

Thanks for the help, user(s). Crossing my fingers that these $1500 I have spent on this PC wont go wasted.

Install gentoo, you won't experience blue screens anymore, you'll experience kernel panics.

have you tried reformatting your OS drive? most of the time BSODs are caused by data corruption.

Yes, I have done a full DBAN on my hard drives.

buy a new computer or install gentoo. Clearly those are your only options.

replace the mobo

Im thinking it can be the mobo

basically. This whole experience makes me apprehensive to build PCs.

there's noting here that's exclusive to building PCs. It's just bad luck. One bad piece of hardware is a nightmare to track down.

>intel
I've read recently that it was announced by either or both companies that newest skylake intel cpus would not support windozes older than win10. Or was it w8.1+

Either way. Both companies are trying hard to fuck us in the ass

My CPU is a Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz. Here are my specs: pcpartpicker.com/list/YhFf7h

What I am going to do is install ubuntu and fuck with it for a few days and see how it works. If it works fine, Im going to install Win 8.1, or fucking 10 if I have no choice.

What kind of windows install disk or what ever are you using?

Have you tried any other disks or made any new ones to use?

>I apoligize for making my own thread instead of asking this in the /sqg/ but I have so much to say about this issue that I felt it deserved it.

That's where you're wrong. No matter how important you think you are, Sup Forums is not your tech support. Also post what your blue screen actually says instead of posting a stock image you huge retard; you have been doing this since your other threads and that's why nobody knows what's happening for sure. Try to give actual useful information instead of "muh computer shuts down, muh blue screen, I tried to reinstall and something happened".

I believe it's an OEM install disc. I havent tried any other ways to install Win7.

>post what your blue screen actually says instead of posting a stock image you huge retard

Ok, here is another weird thing about my problem: It's a different blue screen every time. Also most of the time the blue screen flashes so fast that I cant take note.

Once I had a PC where the hard disk would irreversibly corrupt itself and eventually die after a month. Bluescreens and all that shit. Memtest for >12 hours, no dice. In the end, paid top dollops to take it to a specialized shop (pops IT shack nearby didnt find anything wrong) they tested the power running through that shit and found out the power supply was supplying too much power that was eventually killing the drive. Swapped the power supply and haven't had an issue for years now.

Tldr could be your power supply

See I have considered that but my power levels on speedfan look normal. Im not ruling it out, I would just expect them to look weird if it was a PSU problem.

Forgot to mention i went tgrough 3 hard disks in that timeframe. This was like 5 years ago.

>Ok, here is another weird thing about my problem: It's a different blue screen every time. Also most of the time the blue screen flashes so fast that I cant take note.
Thats ok

If you can get the computer to boot long enough, download yourself a copy of a program called "blue screen view" and it'll automatically read any dump files that have been made and tell you EXACTLY what caused the issue.

Also stop using that OEM installer. Make yourself a new windows 7 install disk whether you torrent it or get a version from windows. I've run into an issue where my USB drives over time would die and my windows 7 install would become corrupted and unusable

Don't you have a spare psu lying around?

Nope, this is my first ever actual PC.

Maybe get a second hand on CL or something

>It's a different blue screen every time.

You don't have anything actually wrong except for the part that detects if anything is wrong. You have to get rid of all your Windows installation and then make a clean one. Just download GParted and delete the whole partition where Windows is installed.

>inb4 excuses and shit

Yeah well then fuck you and enjoy having the problem for another 4 months.

>Ok, here is another weird thing about my problem: It's a different blue screen every time
This is a memory or a memory controller error. Your motherboard or (somehow) all your RAM is shit

First do the easy thing and get a new windows 7 disk because that seems to be your biggest issue is that you've been using the same software install with no relief and its one of the only things you haven't changed

>You don't have anything actually wrong except for the part that detects if anything is wrong.

This may confirm that it is the operating system which is at fault. Which is kind of weird because I am installing it with a Microsoft certified OEM disc.

>inb4 excuses and shit

I understand that it may sound like I am using excuses for everything, but I am just trying to explain my situation. This is a complex issue which I have dealt with for a long time.

>Which is kind of weird because I am installing it with a Microsoft certified OEM disc
Did you read any of my posts? I had a similar issue I described Your OEM install is shit. Its either a lemon or has corrupted over time. And its the only thing you HAVEN'T changed.

Here's your solution

Burn a Linux live disc/usb and boot it
If everything works as it should for at least an hour then all is well hardware wise, thus reducing it down to the OS itself which in many cases I've handled can break for fuck knows why

Conflict of updates? Bsod/failure to boot
Bad driver? Bsod/failure to boot
Did you fuck something up and lie about it? Bsod/failure to boot/kill yourself

>the only thing you HAVEN'T changed

This. Why the fuck would you wait months without re installing Windows to see if that fixes it? I'm 95% sure this is a troll thread.

>Which is kind of weird because I am installing it with a Microsoft certified OEM disc.
If you keep installing the same bad software you get the same problem over and over.