I'm thinking about getting an RX 480

I'm thinking about getting an RX 480.

Is it a meme card or is it actually a good value for the money?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/225214/powercolor-outs-unlocked-bios-for-rx-480-red-devil
youtube.com/watch?v=4nEbpn6NKPQ
newegg.com/Components/EventSaleStore/ID-45?SrchInDesc=1080&Order=BIGDISCOUNT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think "nVidia Shill Central" is kind of a wrong place to ask that question.

It's a good card

best rx 480 in order

xfx
sapphire
powercolor
reference
gigaybyte
assus

Nothing wrong with it, just don't expect it to out perform high end cards.

I got an rx 470 powercolor reddevil and i5 6400
Wish i got the 480 instead along with a different cpu. Not that the combo can't hold it's own. It's a neat card for the price.

That card has inferior components and using Furmark with its latest BIOS might kill it.

techpowerup.com/225214/powercolor-outs-unlocked-bios-for-rx-480-red-devil

youtube.com/watch?v=4nEbpn6NKPQ

Don't forget the upside down logo

Buy a 1080 instead. Its much faster and better value

im thinking of selling my gtx1070 and getting a 480 and a freesync monitor to go with it.

Why the fuck would you ever run furmark on your own hardware? I can understand tech reviewers doing it but there is no reason for anyone to run it. Even for overclocking there are much better programs to test stability for realistic usage

470 is better value for money

>use special BIOS intended for modders on unmodded card
>blows up
>blame AMD
bravo

I just bought the Sapphire Nitro+ one on a "I've been thinking about" whim.
So far I like it. I'm coming from an R9 270X.

I've had it installed for about 2-3 hours now and so far so good. Cool card.

That said I'm pry gonna do Vega at some point but I needed an intermediate upgrade, R9 270X felt like stone age shit now...

My Sapphire Nitro + has been working like a charm as well. I had to use a fucking 8 year old laptop with cpu temps upwards of 140 degrees Celsius before and now I can run every game I want.

good enough for me

you have the 8gb versions?

Definitely. I don't know why you'd bother with 4. I mean I guess if you're super budget strapped. I figured I should just get a shitload of VRAM so I'd always have plenty to spare. I'm at 4X the VRAM my 270X had.

R9 270X Vapor X was still a great card though while it was relevant.

I'm skipping Vega, going straight for Navi when it comes out.

4gb is the minimum if you're playing at 1080p which is fine, considering most people upgrade every 2 generations.

I'm just happy I'm not stuck with elpida RAM. The 4GB Nitro is Hynix, 8GB is Samsung.

RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB ?

>AMD

>not stating if it's ascending or descending

Fucking useless desu

Bought it about two months ago after using integrated graphics and eventually a HD 5450 for years. didn't want to toss +$300 on a video card and also don't like nvidia linux drivers or the "planned obsolescence" of their cards, so i picked out an xfx RX 480 8gb.

I didn't play video games often before and I still don't, but it's nice to open up a game and not have the shit running at ~30 FPS on 1080p low settings as well as stuttering in videos above 720p60fps.

It was heavily talked about around release yeah, but I don't think its necessarily a "meme" product. Good value and runs fairly well

Should have gotten the 480 with an i3 6100 2bh.

>Is it a meme card
What does that even mean?

Gigabyte is truly the worst.

Are you ignoring the word play at the bottom or do you think someone who typed assus like Asus?

Not op, but:

R9 390x vs R9 Fury X

what should I buy?

fury x obviously. better performance. unless you arent gaming. then you might want 390x for the more vram

for games? 390x, seriously
people predicted VRAM starvation
with modern drivers you lose like 7%, fury x is dead in the water at this point

is the rx480 red devils 8gb better than the rx470 sapphire nitro 8gb?

What's wrong with the Asus card I thought it was xfx equivalent?

The 480 is good value for money at the RRPs. Unfortunately during its early life there were supply issues pushing the price up so I had to stop recommending them as they were selling for more than they were worth.
It's not a high-end card. It's a powerful card but it's a mid range card in the current generation.

The XFX RX480 is the best and seems to overclock really good, Powercolor on the other side seems to have chosen the cheapest vrms even worse than the reference. Watch the Actually Hardcore Overclocking videos on youtube as he reviews the pcbs of all rx480s

enjoy your burnt out mobo

Still undecided between a 480 8gb or getting a 1070 for a few bucks more. I game on 1080p 60hz for now, I just want to run shit at max finally for the next few years.

The MSI Gaming X and XFX GTR are the best. The rest, much like whitebois, don't measure up.

>flash BIOS that removes power limit
>run power virus
>WHY CARD NO WORK NOW?!

ebin

>devil

XFX
Asus
Visiontek
Sapphire
Reference
Gigabyte
PowerColor

Fixed

terrible RMA service, known for using exact same nvidia coolers on their amd cards meaning shit heat dissipation, artifacting, heatpipes not touching gpu chip fully, etc.

2 shekels have been deposited to your Assus account

finally someone who sees it. but you also forget intelbots

Thanks there isn't much online about the strix.

is xfx some shit brand that got better or wtf

xfx was never shit

Get it OP. After being an nvidia fan for over 5 years I got one and don't regret it at all. Before it I had a GTX 960 btw. Nvidia blows at DX12 and performance will only get worse on nvidia cards as more DX12 games come out.

>costs 3X as much as an Rx 480
>only 30% performance improvement over the Rx 480
>much faster
>better value
Are you brain damaged?

I got the 4GB Sapphire Nitro+ for $200, which is a great price for 20% vat yuropoor, should arrive on Friday. I saw some reviews and am a bit worried about the high temps and 2 year warranty, but it was this or a 1050 Ti, so I can't really complain.

470 is basically the same thing. slight overclocked 470 = stock 480

How much better am I off with a 8GB 470 over a 4GB one? I don't really play AAA titles at all except for fighting games.

This one might get pretty noisy too.

Got a mobo that supports non k overclocking?

I like it OP its quite and just works

>quiet

I decided to go for the rx460 just can't decide which one, leaning towards the sapphire since it always served me well in the past even though my 7870 just died on me at the 3 year mark.
What do you think is the best one?

newegg.com/Components/EventSaleStore/ID-45?SrchInDesc=1080&Order=BIGDISCOUNT

Which one should I get?

How's the single fan 470 that XFX does? I see them going for around $160 sometimes and I got cucked hard on this 960 that already performs like shit. I swear it's like they make the card fucking worse with every update.

save up your money for the 1070

people who say it's overkill for 1080p are retards who don't understand that games in the near future will be slightly more demanding on computer hardware.

Should I go for an RX480 8gb or an 1060 3gb?

>Fucking UK prices

Just spend £240 on the 6gb 1060 so you don't have buyers remorse after a few weeks.

Nice. I have that but the 8GB model. My idle temps are about 46C but it's because the fans don't spin at idle. I have yet to really load it down yet. Will report back after doing some gaymen
I prefer it just to get far away from that "well it's probably enough..." line but if you plan on running anything with really nice textures or shit like GTA V then I'd say just get the extra VRAM. 8GB is a lot for a card in this performance tier/price range.

I have had nothing but Sapphire products, a 4850, a 6450 in a test rig, an R9 270X and now an RX480 and every single one of them has performed exactly as advertised (though the 480 I'm a bit new to so take that with a grain of salt) but the 4850 and R9 270X specifically were both great cards. I still use the 4850 rig for some stuff to this day.

TL;DR: I like Sapphire, they've never steered me wrong.

In your case I'd get the 1070 probably.
I'd get the RX480, dat delicious VRAM.

pic related. I'm happy.

I've been waiting for the 490 forever with my nice 1440@144hz monitor murdering my poor little 290. Is it worth upgrading to a 480 this BF? 490 won't be THAT big an upgrade, right? And 290->480 is significant enough to justify, yeah?

The 290 doesn't OC for shit, though. Think I lost the silicon lottery on that.

I was on a 270 X and am still waiting for the 490 but I impulse bought my 480. But I'm going to xfire two 490's when they come out. My motivation was though that I felt like I was wayyy behind and the 270X was just not competitive anymore.

But I'm planning on upgrading from 1080p straight to 4K when I (re)upgrade. I'm just sick of feeling like a waitfag and I have other plans for the 480 post-490 build.

Yeah get the xfx one. Never bought an xfx or even an AMD card for that matter but I've heard nothing but good things about xfx. Next card I buy in 10 years will be an xfx amd card if they're both still alive.

Shitty drivers. Always crashing both on windows 7 and debian 8, even with linux 4.7

>ayymd with win 7/Linux

Stop living in the past old

Don't get the 480. We don't have that $30/50 equivalent price gap with the 1060 and 480 here which would make the 480 worth it. They're generally the same price across amazon, ocuk, scan, ebuyer etc so I'd say get the 1060 6gb at the ~£230 price point or the rx 470 at the ~£180- £200 price point.

Black Friday sales will change things though so keep an eye out.

Put powercolor above sapphire

its a good card, not quite as powerful as the 390x or fury x but it holds its own against the 980, 290 and 390

that bench must be bullshit

every other game the 480 gets rekt by the fury and 390x