What is a "computer" to YOU, Sup Forums?

No autistic answers like "processor, memory, I/O," but rather what do you consider to be the core part of what a computer is to you personally?

Or to phrase it another way: what could you rip out of both the hardware and the software of your every day machine while still being something worth spending your time on?

cheapest laptop is a computer
anything more is extra
anything less is tablet or phone

This is the most autistic thread in Sup Forums right now

A computer simulates the very essence of the existence, hence, simulates the existence within the existence with the very essance which is yin and yang. And also, I have pretty decent social skills, so don't call me an autist.

is a human a computer????

According to this:
Raspberry Pi = Tablet/Phone

Well done.

>essence of the existence
dropped

How so? A lot of people defend vehicles like the Honda Supercub because of OP's question of "what if you took away all but the needed parts?"

And the answer was "a shit load of sales."

>No autistic answers like "processor, memory, I/O,"
So in other words, you want wrong answers?

Because that's all a computer is to me, and I love it.

gayymz and meeames

The thing is, I'm somewhat the same. But not quite so cut and dry. My answer to the "what can you take away?" question is dependent on the environment. Like I would consider everything I have now as essential, because that's how I use it now. But if I was to somehow travel back in time and given a shitty BBC Micro and told to suck it up, I'd enjoy that as well.

Probably not for the same reasons, but conceptually it would be the same at its core.

> (You)
>>essence of the existence
>dropped
>tfw too dumb to read and therefore stops

A computer is a means to connect throughout the world by way of technology. It allows people to communicate in real time no matter where they may be and it provides a lot of good and a lot of bad. What could I rip out of both the hardware and software of my every day machine while it still being something worth spending my time on? I could get rid of the optical drive. That doesn't serve a purpose to me since I can torrent movies and store them on the HDD. Software? I could get rid of mainly everything besides the web browser. Everything else is secondary.

Things haven't changed too much.

You can even put Sup Forums in Usenet terms (Sup Forums.tech.thinkpad)

Chances are we'd all be doing the same shit but in a different way.

So yeah, you could take away nearly everything and I'd still have a way to do what I'm doing now.

An input and output device for all things. It's a library card, it's blockbuster, it's art if you set up right. My girlfriend uses hers for graphic arts, so it's a work station.

I used computers in the printing industry pretty much single jobs, act as a medium and or a server between output devices. Sometimes all a pc needs to do is sit in a corner and receive data while one person presses output when the CMYK files are loaded.

>my one and only friend

>dependent on the environment

I love text programs, but no one really makes them any more.

I know we have sc-im and teapot for spreadsheets, but what about a terminal app with the power of WordPerfect or Wordstar?

I almost want to take up programming myself just to give the world one.

my life

A source of great convenience and also great anger.

>what do you consider to be the core part of what a computer is to you personally?
If we define computer as something that comes computes, I guess it would be the GPU, as it does heavier computation than the CPU.

So you'd consider a Pi with just BASIC a worthy trade?