Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WAbl0fLY06U
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/56ydth/evga_gtx_1080_ftw_caught_on_fire/
reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/5ddjbt/evga_1070_catching_fire/
reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/5dw8ge/another_evga_1070_ftw_caught_on_fire/
youtube.com/watch?v=8DQYP0SN_Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=URyG1OP8p8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not much you could do to improve it without buying stuff. It already looks pretty good. Other than getting a PSU shroud or sleeving your cables, I can't see anything obvious you could improve.

this is mine cooler is 4 years old what cooler is that OP? i think this needs a replacement

such a big case for such small hardware. that is a huge waste of space imho.

what else woulds he put into it other than another drive with the second cage and no buying a smaller case is not the answer

It's a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3

A bit overkill since it worked just fine with a regular Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

What's your OS, OP?

My old one was a Windows XP with a AMD type of motherboard. It died out on me, but I was able to transfer the goods from the old HDD to my laptop. Can it run? If so, what's your specs from msinfo32? My laptop's is:

Windows 10
Toshiba C55D-C model
AMD A4, 4 cores, 4 logical cores

and it's a basic laptop with using the memory as the data storage. Bios is a Insyde Corp 5.20

My Windows XP was:

System Model AWRDACPI

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 39 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~2009 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 5/30/2006

Had a red motherboard, one HDD, Floppy Drive, and 4 USB ports, but no USB 3.0 port, unlike my windows 10 computer.

I have a PSU in my Windows XP computer, but don't know where in msinfo32 on where to find that info.

What motherboard/ processor are you using?

an i7 6700k with an asus z170-A

Pretty good processor, seems like Intel is getting their competition up with their quality computers ever since Windows XP was discontinued.

Windows 10 64bit N

AMD FX-6200 at stock
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.x)
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB
AMD Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB stock version
OCZ TL100 240GB

An incredibly stable machine but Windows 10 Anniversary Update fucked everything for over 3 months. I switched back to Windows 8.1 during that time and then reinstalled Windows 10 with a new SSD and now everything is running smooth again. (I was affected by the inaccessible hard drives and shit).

I planned on buying a new computer when AMD Zen would be released but I cancelled them because my computer is fast enough for what I'm doing on it.

Looks like the inside of a gay bar

you say that like its a bad thing

>he knows what a gay bar looks like

More than that, he apparently knows how the inside of the gay bars look.

I've driven PAST gay bars before, but i've never been in one.

They make the strongest drinks in town, and i always get my drinks bought for me.

>they make the strongest drinks in town
well how else are they going to enter your pooper?

>he thinks thats a waste of space
You havent seen my guts, have you?
Very nice. I would get LED's but its pointless since i keep pc under the table.

bump

>all amd
I'd say build a new intel computer, tbqhwyf.

gutsu desu

Happy Thanksgiving senpaitachi

If you actually painted all that stuff yourself, you did a pretty damn good job. I would've liked to see the Zotac Amp! cards in there though, one of the few times the pascal amp cards would actually look good. The only people that buy them are ones with closed cases.

My ram is blue when I ordered red but I honestly don't give a shit as it doesn't affect performance

new pic r8 m8s.

also, anyone looking to buy a hue+?

s340 and 1080bro.

those amp cards would have looked pretty sweet in that build. any reason why you didn't go with those?

cute but make sure you fix your evga house fire with their thermale pad mod / recall thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=WAbl0fLY06U
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/56ydth/evga_gtx_1080_ftw_caught_on_fire/
reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/5ddjbt/evga_1070_catching_fire/
reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/5dw8ge/another_evga_1070_ftw_caught_on_fire/

and so many more....

No, only thing that I colored in was the back panel. The rest of the case came yellow (MicroCenter Exclusive) and the fans are ThermalTake Riings. Thanks though!

I actually just like the quality of Nvidia reference cards. Plus they don't sag.

Though I'm hoping Vega will be neato, so maybe I'll break that cycle since AMD reference is usually lesser quality compared to their partner cards. :/

yeah, i need to do that.

Is it difficult to install the thermal pads? I'd rather not wait out EVGA's RMA process with no card in my system.

How do i fix my guts. Should i buy individual sleeved cables for the CPU's?

cables combs.

Also white lighting with red cables? You should have gone with red lighting or something else. Just looks shitty with white.

Move your drive cage to the top of the chassis. If that's a define r5 or S then your cage is blocking a second intake fan.
Can never have enough intake fans.

Pretty cancer already.

Well first of all why do you have so much of the cable coming out of the lower grommet when there is one right above it? would look much neater if you hide them cables

>Glorious PC Gaming Race

Fuck off. This is a real company now? Disgusting.

This causes me physical pain.

youtube.com/watch?v=8DQYP0SN_Kk
&
youtube.com/watch?v=URyG1OP8p8I

some how to videos. really simple.

Fuck, I never thought of that. It's an R5 so it has some really modular design choices.

Gonna do it first thing in the morning

If that causes you pain you'd hate to see what he came from. That's a significant upgrade for him.

What the fuck are you doing?

that case is pretty fly

thanks =[]

I thought it looked cleaner with the white. The LED strip can change to several colors.

Thanks,

Idk, thought that the individual sleeved being all exposed was what was "in" but i'll move them. What do I do with the GPU wires?

>Idk, thought that the individual sleeved being all exposed was what was "in" but i'll move them. What do I do with the GPU wires?
Individual sleeved cables are in but usually you comb them so they don't look like a mess of cables.

Move the top gpu power cable to the grommet above and pull them both in slightly. The slack makes them look messy.

Also you could probably tuck that CPU power cable in a bit.

user those cables look messy af

>C A B L E C O M B S
>A
>B
>L
>E
>C
>O
>M
>B
>S

You have autism, I think they look good like that

Cable combs look weird

This case is fucking kawaii dude.

You're an idiot why would you spend so much money on individually sleeved cables and not make them look neat and proper

cheap ass here

bump more

>cancer individually sleeved cables
Just replace them with the oem cables.

yuhhhh

They look good like this, never bothered me

you have autism

That looks better than this?
I think the cable combs make it look wayyyyy nicer.

looks good fampai

Man, I love the look of the Define R5, but mine has a problem where the drive cage rattles and it makes this god awful buzzing noise until I smack the side of the case.

autism has no limit user. why did you stop talking with the people in your head in the first place?

It hardly matters when the cables themselves look nice (unlike some shitty texture sleeving)

apply some extra rubbertape

Came with my wrist pad. Don't be triggered.

That's a super chrome heatsink. Matches the Radeon logo. Love it.

I looked at the r5 for ages when picking my new case for air flow optimisation so I know the case inside and out when it comes to fans

thanks.

the fury x noiseproblems are getting on my nerves though lately.. i'm hoping to hop on a 4096 shadercore itx vega card soonish

hp workstation lasts forever.

More cables! !!!

you got that right.

Surge is terrible, sorry.

holy fuck

Nigger get a real cpu cooler pls. This is cringing me out hard

Why the fuck would you get a atx micro

This made me hard. Nice job

i've been using the case since 2010/11 this is like the third motherboard/platform inside of it. not gonna buy a new box for my parts to go in, i see it as a waste of money i could put towards another drive for raid0 or headphones or something

what is that case?

970A-UD3P Rev 2 board? If yes I have the rev 1.
Like this. Very cozy but dat gpu sag is making me nervous. I know it's a meme but it isnt a e s t h e t i c
May I ask why you didn't fill lowest drive cages first? I always do due to lower center of gravity so less likely to tip if bumped. Not sure if it matters in the real world tho.
What is the story behind this build? Like not trying to criticize I'm genuinely curious where the parts came from/your reasoning for building the way you did.
For some reason your power connectors on the GPUs are pleasing to me.
>cold cathode kit
I have that same kit in my other PC except UV instead of red.
pls explain
not him but your build is decent but my friend got the 1070 FTW and he installed his thermal pads in an evening. Didn't seem to be hard.
Do what other guy said and move 24 pin to upper grommet the less cable exposed the better.
>What do I do with the GPU wires
Not sure on that. EVGA shipped fucking red wires with their PSUs. I did cablemod on mine but I can understand if not worth money to all people.
pls tell story i like to hear stories of messy builds

pic is current guts
"rgb LED strips flickering like shit also prepping for a dual Vega build" edition. Yes I know a 1000 is way overkill for a 480 but I'd rather buy now than later.

Also prepping for a LAN party so shit has to look good. I don't know maybe it looks like shit. Opinions pls.

January, hurry the fuck up and get here.

>>May I ask why you didn't fill lowest drive cages first?
easier to hide and route cables behind the MB tray so they can't be seen when looking in.

>even has 2.5" drives instead of desktop ones.
With all that room would think wires wouldn't be a problem.
I want to get something new for computer again but idk wut. Love the classic m8.
So why did you fill your loop with it?
>blue/10
It will eat your time unless thats your job.

I'm blue daba dee daba die

just in case you forgot, the GPU reminds you that this build is in fact blue.

yeee m8 thats what I was thinking.

Accounting major; I just want to wrek kids at Titanfall 2 at a solid 60+ FPS at 1080p resolution on my ASUS 144hz monitor.

1070 soon

Good you can know when it pays its self off.
>tfw gaming pc was built by working over summer as 3 schools computer repair man for a mentor.
I should finish my degree some time.

digging those self-drilled vent holes haha.

>MFW I worked at McDonals when I turned 16 so I could build my first RIG to play WarCraft 3 on when it came out.

That was 15 years ago and winter is coming.

Its a really solid machine so had to weaken it a little. Still deciding on getting pcie or bigger nvme ssd, i7 6700k if it drops below 290, and maybe another 1070 but that seems useless since sli not very good support.

shit man Im still figuring shit out in my life working construction and some admin and computer repair jobs I get offered.

>warcraft 3
I played the hell outta the multiplayer mods. never even touched the single player while I had it though.

Is that incase?

Looks like it.

I'm getting the $7,000 in refunds but I'm thinking I'll keep it under $2,000.

Can I build a decent RIG for that much or less?

God you should be able to. I mean pretty damn decent for $2k my first build was $1k and it was really nice at the time.

Uh, I meant the artist.

what case is this?