Best Language

I am curious to see what different Sup Forums users think the best language is.

html

english

php

This tbqh. Maybe Esperanto as well.

Spanish.

this or aUI

Lojban

C

i don't believe that there's a best language with a full stop there. there are languages that are great for certain tasks, shit for others. very few languages seem especially well-suited to everything.

python maybe is a good language to learn if you just adamantly refuse to spend more than a few hours a week programming or learning to program, and you've also contrived some restriction to 1 language. it has lots of packages and libraries that lend it to data analysis, visualization, etc...

it's not C, but then again writing everything in C would be a fucking nightmare. there's so much shit that's simple enough in theory that would just require a lot of legwork to build the foundation in C. i just don't want to do that. i'd rather eat the performance loss at the top end than eat the cost of writing all that code for all the low end stuff where performance isn't a concern

Haskell, of course.

yкpaїнcькa

/thread

samefag

C# or Java for heavyweight shit, JS and Python for scripting.

/thread
/fag

>anime

die in a fire

you mean russian, mr. non-country?
C, C# for general purpose
lua for small projects / scripting
fasm when you need to show off your autism

see

russian = mongol ukrainian
prove me wrong :^

> Is annoyed by an anime img.
What are you even doing on Sup Forums?

ukrainians = mongol polacks

> complaining about anime on an anime imageboard
What did he mean by this?

The D programing language of course.
Fight me senpai :)

polacks = mogol germans

I think the anime hating guy might be a newfag, senpai.

germans = subhumans

The most powerful programming language is Lisp. If you don't know Lisp (or its variant, Scheme), you don't know what it means for a programming language to be powerful and elegant. Once you learn Lisp, you will see what is lacking in most other languages.

C++ has the most flexibility out of any language along with the most libraries. the difficulty of learning to use it properly is overshadowed by the sheer complexity a program can have within its confines, while still being viable for a small team of coders to tackle without expending huge amounts of effort in trying to make thousands of lines of code from scratch.

for instance most 3DCG libraries are written within it. openVDB, opensubdiv, ptex, vulkan, and many more. For this, it makes it the most convenient to work in if you are interested in utilizing tons of algorithms without having to come up with them from scratch yourself. that's not to say you might not want to adjust them, but reinventing the wheel is a fruitless endeavor in the world of technology.

This is a script kiddie question but the only right answer is C

Arabic is the most feature-complete language.

kys Ahmed

So much this

Actionscript

Get off my land, Shlomo.

JavaScript

t. ETERNAL ANGLO

My nigga.
Kiel vi fartas?

Clojure is more elegant and useful than Haskell.

Ancient Greek is the best actual language.

Fight me.

Bone, mia kara anono.
Kaj vi?

This

I am curious why you think the average Sup Forums user knows jack shit about programming that doesn't involve spewing memes

>(((Esperanto)))