GPUs and shit

Which Aftermarket GTX 1080 should I get, I care about speed over sound but would prefer a quiet card.

This thread will also serve as /GCG/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-ARMOR/dp/B01GVHNW3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1479938922&sr=1-1&keywords=gtx 1070
amazon.co.uk/Palit-Gamerock-NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B01GVN4JHO/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1479938922&sr=1-8&keywords=gtx 1070
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>op pic
>my pic
both related. i own the strix 1080 and i love it. core stays under 68c, doesn't through out a ton of heat, and i can't hear the fans unless i take my side panel off and stick my head near the card.

throw*

and most importantly, the vrm's are directly attached to the heatplate. unlike evgas shitty mid plate design.

I'd go MSI, if I were you.
I have a 1070 and it's really quiet and keeps really really cool.

Alright,
So I have a desktop with a i7 6700k and a GTX 970. I can upgrade to a 1070 or I can purchase a second 970 and SLI for cheap. Am I better with just the 1070?

Yes you'll be better with the 1070.

Okay, that's what I was leaning toward. I just wanted a second opinion.

The 1070 will be faster than the 970 SLI 9 times out of 10. Plus you avoid issues with SLI.

1080ti

My GTX 780 might be dead. Looking at getting a 1060 possibly. Any general advice?

If you're in the US, splurge on a 1070 instead since it's black friday through cyber monday.

I'm in the UK. I could super-duper splash out on a 1070 but I don't know how much more worth it that would be, I'm also not sure which version to get for either of them.

I just looked, the black Friday deals on the 1070 are available in the UK too.

amazon.co.uk/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-ARMOR/dp/B01GVHNW3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1479938922&sr=1-1&keywords=gtx 1070

That seems to be the best deal.

amazon.co.uk/Palit-Gamerock-NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B01GVN4JHO/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1479938922&sr=1-8&keywords=gtx 1070

This one is available too, if you want to look like a flaming homo.

Shit, man. Thanks for doing the work for me. I appreciate it.

How long am I going to be waiting for a 1080 Ti lads?

I've got the 1080 ARMOR and its quiet, its nice but I don't like when the power comes out, it hits my cases panel.

Your pic explain it all. Speed and quiet. (0db on idle)

I do wish Vega will come out, purely as a frame of reference.

Even if it's hot and smoking soon as you turn it on, drains 6000 watts and gets 4fps in crysis.

At least it'd be something.

MSI Gaming X cards look god awful but have arguably the best cooling.

They look fine if you have the black/red colour scheme, imo.

>People buying 8GB cards

Do some research to figure out how many times you've used that 8. Hell, Look to see how many times you've used 4.
Hint: It's zero

After that come back here and post about how stupid you feel

Not entirely true.
Many many games already push more than 4GB on 1080p.

Which ones.

Dying Light is the big one people complain about. Titanfall 2, Skyrim HD with mods, Arma 3 sometimes can. It's probably safe to assume that more and more games will utilize large amounts of VRAM in the near future.
Most games that utilize lots of VRAM do so because of poor optimization.

Even 8 GB are too low for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare on max settings.

why do people dislike single fan cards

>there are actually retards who spend more than ~200$ on a video card

just gotta see all those bugs in 1440p 120fps right?

Got a strict budget of 190 USD, no rebates or selling game codes to make up the difference.
Any chance a good 8gb 480 will be that price, or will I be stuck with a 4gb?

Stupid cucks need to stay in their containment board.

This is a thread about hardware, not video games