>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/mechanical-keyboard-thick-PBT-keycap-cherry-mx-OEM-height-side-print-grey-white-similar-granite-classic/32711894266.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.154.a9Fphz&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_10000007_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_10073_10097_10100_10096_10070_10052_423_10050_10051_424,searchweb201603_8&btsid=179a2dc4-e34e-4852-b7c5-cb66f0b6cbaf
massdrop.com/buy/ducky-one-mechanical-keyboard
pastebin.com/HSrXZZgF
amazon.com/gp/product/B01ER4B7K6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
amazon.com/gp/product/B01CDYB8F6/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=black friday&ex=1
s.aliexpress.com/Nja2auuQ
massdrop.com/buy/red-scarf-iii-ver-a-96-key-custom-keyboard-kit
youtube.com/watch?v=ZloutfeW-5w
ebay.com/itm/120Pcs-Silicone-Rubber-O-Ring-Switch-Dampeners-White-For-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-/271793918306?hash=item3f482e1162:g:mYYAAOSwBahU9ex3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Korean Customs Edition
waiting for the viper v2 to drop every day

._.

>mfw waiting for my new keyboard in the mail

>still waiting
which keyboard user?

link for your caps pls

They're TADA68 stock caps

EnjoyPBT sells some caps that look like that

do these look pretty close? need some for a full sized board

aliexpress.com/item/mechanical-keyboard-thick-PBT-keycap-cherry-mx-OEM-height-side-print-grey-white-similar-granite-classic/32711894266.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.154.a9Fphz&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_10000007_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_10073_10097_10100_10096_10070_10052_423_10050_10051_424,searchweb201603_8&btsid=179a2dc4-e34e-4852-b7c5-cb66f0b6cbaf

I wouldn't consider them very "close" to these here, but they look decent enough.

Check originative.co, last I checked they sell keycaps like these.

they do but only for 60% keyboards and they're still over $100

Looks like they know what's good

>Budget
150 eurpoors

>Location (continent at least)
UK

>Preferred switch type
browns or clears, preferably cherrys but can settle on gaterons

>Layout
Doesnt matter but prefer iso

>Form factor
60%

>Backlight
Take it or leave it

>Previous/current keyboards
Only cheap stuff

Pok3r or v60

>tfw K70 Lux

Feels good having a keyboard that doesn't look like it's come from an underfunded Eastern European school. There is literally nothing wrong with Corsair.

>b-b-but le it isnt reliable

Corsair is reliable, had my previous Corsair keyboard for 4 years no problem. When a brand is popular and more models are made then there's obviously going to be a higher amount of faulty keyboards, but the fault rates are no different than any other brand. This includes Razer keyboards/mice.

>b-b-but le keyboard's 5th row isn't customisable

Not everyone is an autist who wants to mod their keyboard.

My k70 had dead leds. Replaced with a Realforce.

Not sure who Corsair's OEM is but they are low quality.

Sorry bud, but I don't want to pay more for a lower build quality and less features.

are both of them equally good?

>cleaned poker ii out today
>some of the mx blue switches are sticking until i physically blow on the switch

god damn it i have to clean it AGAIN

Anyone have thoughts on the Ducky One keyboard? I like the colors of it, and I play a lot of video games, so the switches seem ideal, but I haven't heard of "silent" cherry reds. This would be my first mechanical keyboard.

Charge is approximately $98 shipped.

massdrop.com/buy/ducky-one-mechanical-keyboard
pastebin.com/HSrXZZgF

Any thoughts?

>hygiene so bad your keys start to stick
Non-white problems.

but i am white, user. i think what happened is that when i was using canned air on it, some specks of dust/dirt got into the switch

Pok3r has limited programmability, PBT keycaps, and a metal case, but its spray painted which means it can chip off easily. The v60 is cheaper, made of plastic, doesnt use PBT, and isnt programmable, but it has more custamization options. They are both solid keyboards for two different price ranges

>but i am white, user
I don't believe you.

My keyboard has been sitting in the same spot for 6 years and is covered in dust.

whatever.............

You know your keyboard is shit when you have to lie to yourself and justify your purchase in an online anonymous image board.

Your sentence structure says white but your dirty keyboard says brown.

How limited is the programability of Pok3r.
And as far as i can see v60 with non chink switches costs 110sterling (+6pounds) postage and pok3r is 120-130 (free postage) so there isnt price difference really.

I mean few websited like ukkeycaps have them, but were out of stock for the past month

Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown

amazon.com/gp/product/B01ER4B7K6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Vs.

Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown

amazon.com/gp/product/B01CDYB8F6/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Which one is better guys? I am going to buy a new keyboard very very soon, probably on Black Friday to see if I can pick up on any deals. (Hopefully Amazon has some)

The Corsair board seems to be better but the only thing that bothers me a little is the red lighting.

They're both mediocre keyboards marketed towards "gaymerz".

>mediocre
I wouldn't say that either mate, reviews for both are pretty good.

out of the two options id pick logitech, but the choice your presenting compares to choosing between getting your ass fucked by a white guy or a black guy. At the end of the day you are still getting fucked in the ass

I have a Ducky one and its a very solid keyboard with excellent build quality. The PBT keycaps are nice, but I did have an issue in which two of my keycaps became bleached after two weeks. I dont mind since its only noticable when there is a lot of light. Also I wish there was some sort of software to help manage the macros since it has three layers and is almost full programmable.

What's the point in having a general for this shit when buckling springs exist and utterly crush all the alternatives?

This whole general should be reduced to "Do you have a Model M or Model F? If not, dump your vague feedback bullshit keyboard and get a Model M or Model F"

Ive got a model m, but its a bit too big for my thinkpad

Honestly the Corsair keyboard is better
>Same media type controls
>Wrist Rest
>USB Pass through
>Aluminum
The red lighting throws me off a bit but I can probably live with it.

I mean user both boards can't be that bad.

> I did have an issue in which two of my keycaps became bleached after two weeks.
What do you mean by "bleached"?

I assume that has brown or blue switches and LED backlighting, right? This one has modified reds and no backlighting.

Is setting macros easy enough despite no management software?

They are both shit. Just get a rosewill rk9000 on amazon since its on sale for black friday

They are mediocre at best.
-They're made very cheaply in china.
-Handling and assembly marks are very common.
-proprietary parts

I can speak from personal experience about the K70 keyboards They often have touch up marks on the aluminum, the number row on the top doesn't fully light up due to led placement and key cap design, my keyboard personally has dead leds, and also developed chatter issues intermediately after a year.

>$96.81
>No back light
I don't know man. How is it better than the other two boards?

>china
Better question.. What isn't made in China?

which kb is dis?

Keyboard has circuit board problems, not a good idea, prone to failing.

keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=black friday&ex=1

Are any of these black Friday keyboard deals worth it?

>selection of Matias boards
>KBP V100

Mine has blues and no backlighting. As for the bleaching issue, have you ever set something out on the sun and the colors begin to fade. Thats what bleaching is. Programming the keyboard is really easy. The guide in the manual explains everything

but the mx blue one is $60 user

>What isn't made in China?
I think Unicomp is made in America.

Higher end Realforce, Filco, and HHKB are made in Japan.

What about the price? $98 shipped.

I've been using an RK9000 since 2011 and it still works fine.

But I don't want blue switches user, they are way too loud. Doesn't even have a back light which is somewhat of a turn off as well.

Expensive mate

Doesn't matter. Did all the Note 7 phones explode? No. But because a few did it was an issue. It's poor design, this keyboard has a problem where the port is not properly supported, causing it to break.
There are many many reviews talking about this issue, enough to make me reconsider it.

>Better question.. What isn't made in China?
RF, Filco, Unicomp, HHKB, most of the Ducky line up, and all the korean customs.

Cool

Ok guys I did some research and it appears like Rosewill fixed the issue with the RK9000 in a V2.

This user recommended The Blue Switch variant.

How loud are they compared to the Browns? I don't want to annoy my family with my typing, which is why I was leaning towards the more quiet Browns.

Any ideas if the Brown Switch variant is going to be on sale?

/csg/, in your community.

Found this on Ali and it's pretty tempting. I already have a genuine HHKB at work but this would be great for home. What do you guys reckon?

s.aliexpress.com/Nja2auuQ

Go with red?

I don't know if I would like the linear switches much user, I don't game much either. I don't think they would be very good for typing since it's easier to make a mistake.

Can someone give me some advice on what to get? Right now it's between Corsair k65 and CM Quickfire TK.

Which would you recommend on purchasing?

Didn't you just link two gayming key boards?

Go with a heavier switch then I guess.

Just because they are marketed for ''gaming'' doesn't mean I am gonna use them for that, now a days most shit is marketed towards gamers.

Anyways Brown Switches aren't really ment for gaming like Reds are.

Literally me

kinda comfy

You see the sound of bottoming out the switches is louder then the actuating mechanism

the kit on ebay has more options

The K65 is at 50 dollars right now, should I pull the trigger or is there something better with a similar price?

>Budget
$80, though less is preferred
>Location
US
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Brown, or anything silent
>Form factor
Tenkeyless
>Backlight
Optional

50 bucks is what corsair keyboards should sell at so yeah go for it. There is no such thing as a silent cherry switch. Now if you really want quiet then matias quiet click is your best option since they are even quieter then rubberdomes, but none of those are under 80 bucks

Yea but I guess I will be bottoming them out a lot since I am gonna be a noob using them.

Also why is the Razer keyboard so darn loud? Especially considering that it is using Brown Switches.

Humans hear different frequencies more than others.

Want to add, I just saw the Masterkey Pro M. Was wondering if it's any better compared to those, I'm probably gonna be going with Red Switches.

I got mine for 109 shipped so its not that bad of a deal

Razer uses pathetically thin plastic and they have a floating design so that's why its the loudest.

SHIT GUYS WHICH ONE SHOULD I GO FOR?

Thanks a lot, user.

Razer sucks

Browns are pretty underwhelming in the tactile department. They feel like reds, but with some sand stuck in them. Honestly I'd go for the blues, plus if you want you can replace the stock keycaps with something more premium since it uses a standard layout unlike corsair or logitech.

or

You could buy a corsair k65 for 50 bucks on new egg. Its cheap enough where its inadequacies don't really matter

I am gonna go with the Rosewill keyboard, looks much better than the Corsair or Logitech ones I mentioned.

Do you think the Blues are going to be too loud? If it's only very slightly louder then I could live with it.

I type a good amount especially at night so I don't want to annoy or bother anyone.

Is this worth wating for?

massdrop.com/buy/red-scarf-iii-ver-a-96-key-custom-keyboard-kit

mechanical keyboards are loud in general. If you want to make it quieter then get a pack of o-rings for a dollar.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZloutfeW-5w

not too loud desu when comparing to switches like buckling springs.
You won't be able to hear someone type on a mx blue keyboard from another room with the door closed.

yes

What's the consensus on Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro keyboards?

Will those 2u vertical keys have the same stabiliser spacing and everything as 2u horizontal keys? I am not a smart man.

>permanently stuck tilted and can't lay keyboard flat
Stop

Having tried a bunch of combinations, for me the best low-noise-high-tactile combo ended up being Clears with some 50A O-Rings (often just sold as "Black O-Rings" on keyboard sites). Only problem is the lack of cheaper options that have Clears. KBParadise has an affordable model out there, iirc.

Where can I get o-rings for that cheap? On Amazon the Rosewill ones are like 9 dollars.

Also is it just me or do the Blues have an annoying spring sound?

You think so? In America homes are made of cardboard.

Yea right now I am limited between either Blacks, Blues, Browns, or Reds because those are the ones that come with that model of the Rosewill keyboard.

The Blues are so cheap that I am really thinking about getting them, but if they are going to annoy me then I shall go for the Browns.

the keycaps have been sold out already so you're gonna have to get some separately since it doesn't come with them. If you like that layout or the ones with the arrow keys then you can go for it. The Duck lightsaver (pic related) went for a similar price so its more of a matter of preference and patience

>Budget
$100-$120 CAD
Canada
>Preferred switch type
MX Cherry Red
>Form factor
80%. Kinda been eyeing numpads with arrow keys, but I could live without a numpad
>Backlight
Optional
Razer Blackwidow 2013 (I know, I was a huge pleb when I bought it. Just got into Gaymin on my PC)

Thanks for any help

>the keycaps have been sold out already
I'm so confused, I thought the key caps came with it.

you can take the feet off and lay it flat you know

They only had 25 sets of the carbon keycaps from the picture. They are all sold. You get no keycaps if you order now.

no the keycaps were an extra $135, but now they are gone

You can also use dental bands if you have those.
You can get o-rings on ebay for a dollar

ebay.com/itm/120Pcs-Silicone-Rubber-O-Ring-Switch-Dampeners-White-For-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-/271793918306?hash=item3f482e1162:g:mYYAAOSwBahU9ex3

>Budget
$300

The holy land

>Preferred switch type
MX blue

>Layout
Iso is cool

>Form factor
the one with numpad and dedicated F keys

>Backlight
Optional bonus

CM Storm ultimate quickfire

Damn, I just want some pretty keycaps

And it just lays on the screws?

more figs and keyboards please.

Do you personally own these? I wonder how the quality of the o-rings are, does it matter?

Thanks!

Do you actually display keyboards in cases or just throw them in there for pictures?

is it programmable?

I don't get the hhkb autism. the arrow key/fn combination aren't as intuitive as it seems. you also give up keys for no reason.

I prefer alt(fn)/wasd & pl;' or just config rightshift/alt/win/ctrl to arrows on a separate layer when I really need arrow keys.

no it lays on the rubber pads

Guess I can't read.