New Motherboard Halp

My cousin gifted me his i7 6700k CPU, which is a substantial upgrade from my pos AMD FX6100, and I will need a new motherboard and such to use it, but im unsure of which motherboard to get, there are so many fucking ones to choose from, Its going to have to be a Micro ATX, or ITX board, does anyone have some insight on a few? My shitty gaming desktop really needs this upgrade, and price shouldnt be and issue.
Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16813132871&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Z170
>mATX
>Cheapest
>omit asrock

That looks clean as fuck and seems to be what I need, thanks a ton.

>My cousin gifted me his i7 6700k
My cousin gave me his i7 6700k

I hope you know what omit means

Is it a bad idea to cheap out on a mobo? Tempted with

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16813132871&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566

that's not cheaping out though. It's getting a motherboard without 101 features you won't use, and still getting a reasonable brand.

It's got enough SATA ports, supports up to 32GB of RAM (more than you'll need in a long time), a slot for a GPU, good wired nic, reasonable onboard audio.

Literally, buying anything more than this would be wasting money.

Thanks bro. Im buying it with a 1070. Any reason to have a 6700k as opposed to a 6800k?

Bumping

>>lmgtfy

not your personal tech support. kys

An H series mobo for a z cpu? Sounds like a dumb idea.

Another dumb idea is to buy asrock. Mitx board died on me after a year and took my cpu with it. Never again, asrock.

Yeah that I'm omit like me on rice

What's wrong with AssRock again? Their boards look prim as fuck.

Not really if you're using a 1070, unless you go nuts with like a 4_way SLI or something

The 6700k works with the motherboard you posted and the 6800k does not?

They have more unhappy customers than any other mobo brand
It's also the only motherboard I've ever personally seen fail

in case you were wondering, the meme of the month is gigabyte ultra durable motherboards
Decent quality, good OC potential, uhhhh... durable
That's what I'm using and it boots up

What nic do you have?

3 Milligram bruuuuuuhhhh

I have the Z170 mATX ultra durable
I think it's called Z170m-D3h or something