Is this a meme?

Is this a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

unless you're a jew with shitty vision, yes

Yes because it's proprietary and only cucks use proprietary programs. Use redshift instead.

its fucking amazing

redshift -O 3700k

redshift propietary edition.

also checkd

no after you've been using it for a little while you realise how bad it is when it's disabled

Why did no one tell me about this before?

Just installed it. It's one of the major things that I've been missing since going to Linux

Thank anonabros

Yes. It only helps because it's dramatically decreasing the brightness of your screen. Blue isn't some evil color that destroys your eyes, otherwise all of humanity would be blind already.

this

if you google flux for linux, it's literally the third thing that comes up

no one said blue light destroys your eyes you fucking sperg

Except that's exactly why everyone says to use it. Because the blue light supposedly strains your eyes horribly, so getting rid of it with this fixes everything.

no its because blue wavelengths of light send stimulatory signals to your suprachiasmatic nucleus which regulates your circadian rhythm based on light patterns. Blue means mid day, reds mean twilight, guess which one signals the release of melatonin?

>guess which one signals the release of melontonin?

black?

wtf i love melatonin now

/thread

Except that's fucking meaningless because most people produce plenty of melatonin. Your meme app is literally just a placebo except to those with serious problems because they don't produce enough melatonin.

Can't speak for the blue light meme, but it serves as a darn good app for reading in pitch black without searing your eyes

logo reminds me of this

I did not notice any difference using redshift, or stopping using it.

If you have problem sleeping, there's this obscure thing called physical activity that might help. But that requires effort.

So does a lamp, shit for brains.

Yes, it's a reddit tier meme even.

lmao wtf

pretty sure this is not a meme, no

Spotted the teenage retard here.

"Melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland in the brain. It helps regulate other hormones and maintains the body's circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is an internal 24-hour "clock" that plays a critical role in when we fall asleep and when we wake up. When it is dark, your body produces more melatonin."

I didn't dispute the existence of melatonin you fucking invalid. Most people already produce plenty of melatonin, so there is no use using a meme app that is supposed to make them produce more.

For someone that knows about melatonin you sure don't seem to know shit. Melatonin production is disrupted by blue light. It doesn't increase production, it stops your screen from inhibiting it.

Hey retard, have you considered that people might be living in a different circumstance from you? I wouldn't want a fucking LAMP on right now because my roommate is asleep 20 feet to my right.

>It doesn't increase production, it stops your screen from inhibiting it.
>A net increase in production isn't an increase in production
Whatever you say, user.

So does turning down your brightness.

spbp

You're not actually this retarded, it's okay to be wrong.

Your logic is the same as arguing that a sale on something you were never going to buy is "saving money", you made a "net increase in money", but only by moving the goalpost.

Ultraviolet light causes the body to produce less melatonin. When it's dark out, the sun isn't there to put the UV light out and more melatonin is produced to make babby sleepy.

I like it, it makes my monitor less bright at night time. but not like changing the brightness to make it dim, just hurts my eyes less.

one of the worst meme senpai.
as useless as a mechanical keyboard. Stay away from that piece of shit self-called software.

To me it's a meme, I installed it because I thought it would be nice and ultimately I don't like how it fucks up my colors.

I know there are people that not only swear by it but also need it.

That's not the same at all. It's more like if your insurance suddenly costs less. You had to buy it anyway but now it costs less, thus you saved money.

I wish it worked on my machine.
It kept giving me weird errors or simply not working so in the end I just stopped trying.

Really? Someone's forcing you to browse Sup Forums at 4am? That's an interesting situation you've got there. Sure is the average situation as well.

Sup Forums: everything is a meme, everyone is a faggot, everything anyone does is autistic.

What the fuck are you even talking about at this point? Did you forget what this argument was about?

At first it can be weird, but when you get used to it you can't go back.
If for some reason it's not on you immediately feel it, feel the strain on your eyes.

Literal bespectacled semite reporting in.

i disable it when im playing videogames. My eyes felt really strained one day, so i installed it, and now they hurt a bit less. Even if it just dims my display automatically at night, it helps.

Did you read the post you replied to? I'm not disputing the existence of melatonin.

See the problem with this is I've been made autistic about monitor color accuracy and tuning.

I'd probably would get used to it but knowing that I'm not getting the best gamma settings, or the most accurate whites and the most accurate contrast hurts my autisms.

lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php

Weird, at first people are producing "plenty of melatonin", but at the same time you're arguing that it produces a "net increase", which can only be the case if you're assuming that everyone is for some reason staring at a blue screen late into the night.

Strange that everyone in your world is both producing more than enough melatonin and at the same time inhibiting their melatonin production.

That or you just moved the goalposts so you wouldn't look like a total fucking retard for having no idea what melatonin did. But hey, it's probably more likely that everyone is a special snowflake than that you're a dipshit... right?

It's only different at night, you can also just turn it off temporarily if you're doing work that requires color accuracy. That said the change is pretty jarring if you're switching it on and off so I can see where you're coming from.

Just click the "disable for an hour" checkbox when you have to do color sensitive work.
That's what I do when I have to edit photos or watch kino.

For everything else I keep it on.
I don't need colot accuracy for browsing the web or programming.

You're just disputing what it does and where it comes from?

I may give it another chance if I feel my eyes melting at night. Thanks for the advice.

I don't feel it that jarring.
I'm Just set the change to 1 minute fade or even better walk away from your monitor for a minute, drink a glass of water, strech your back and when you come back you'll immediately be accustomed to the colors.

Also it's not only different at night.
Well, you can set it to be but I prefer to have it also during daytime.
I don't really remember how it defaults.

What the fuck? No, that's not moving the goalposts at all. Most people produce more than enough melatonin even with the inhibited production during part of the night. Removing that inhibitor will slightly increase the amount of melatonin, but that's completely irrelevant because sightly more melatonin won't be helpful for the vast majority of people because they already produce enough.
How is this difficult for you to understand?
No, I'm not. I'm disputing that user's assertion that you need more melatonin.

You're on Sup Forums, everything is a meme.

>user's assertion that you need more melatonin.
>a meme app that is supposed to make them produce more

You're the only one asserting that it does that. It's obviously not the case to anyone who actually understands or has read anything about what f.lux aims to do.

Because you're literally pulling words out of your ass? Everything you've said flies in the face of the actual science and is based on nothing but your experience.

when the argument goes from youre wrong to it doesnt matter if youre right

100% yes it's a meme

People all across the interwebs whinge and moan about colour accuracy and then install this shit. People are fucking retarded.

You asserted it first. The reason you gave to use the app in the first post in this argument was that it will make you produce melatonin, and that would only be necessary if you don't produce enough already.
Is this entire shitposting spree of yours seriously caused by your utter lack of any logic whatsoever?
>you're literally pulling words out of your ass
I don't see where I've made any words up user, but feel free to post them if you ever feel like making a coherent argument.
I never once claimed that he was wrong; from my first post I was saying that his reason to use it is fucking stupid because it's completely unnecessary.

>will make you produce melatonin
>a meme app that is supposed to make them produce more

But that's you user.

>not just use sct

"Most people produce more than enough melatonin" citation needed.
"but that's completely irrelevant" citation needed.
"sightly more melatonin won't be helpful" citation needed.
"they already produce enough." citation needed.

Of course you wouldn't just be basing all of this on your personal experience and claiming to know what you're talking about... right?

It was you. The entire time I was asserting that your reason for using it is fucking stupid and unnecessary.
>guess which one signals the release of melatonin
>The reason you gave to use the app in the first post in this argument was that it will make you produce melatonin, and that would only be necessary if you don't produce enough already.

>It was the other retard that also didn't know what melatonin was.

Guys I promise I'm not the only fuckwit in the room. Promise.

You're asserting that people don't produce enough and thus they need this app to get rid of the blue light that is preventing them from producing some.
You're telling me to provide proof for saying that your assertion is bullshit? That isn't how the burden of proof works.

"People don't produce enough"

>Melatonin is inhibited by blue light
>People's screens are blue

Quite the assertion to make I realise. Meanwhile you're arguing that for some reason people produce more than enough, which makes basically zero sense evolutionarily.

The argument that follows from the scientific fact that melatonin production is inhibited by blue light, or the argument that relies on people wasting energy to produce more of a chemical than they need. hmm..

>Don't trust this board

>why should I use this app
>because it helps you produce melatonin
Right, it's completely illogical that one would conclude from that statement that you believe them to not be producing enough already.
Your entire argument is founded on a fundamental assumption that you are evidently too stupid to see.

No one is arguing it helps you produce melatonin you inbred. I'll just sit here and wait for you to show that people are producing "more than enough" melatonin, which is obviously the evolutionary adaptation that humanity has made in the XX years since we started looking at blue screens, right?

>No one is arguing it helps you produce melatonin
Except for , who started this entire argument by asserting that you should use the app because it helps you produce melatonin.

So your entire argument is that you're not the only fucking retard too stupid to know what melatonin is or does. Alright, that's about enough Sup Forums for the night. You're absolutely right, there ARE two total fucking retards in the thread.

Trips confim meme.

I have a theory about Google:

They really have a huge bunch of great talented programmers. But don't have the same amount of work everytime, the are always gaps where one project dind't start yet or suddenly they bought yet another company and have to somehow keep the staff busy.

So here's waht they do: they flood the market with trillions of useless little tools and libraries. Stuff that isn't really relevant, but allows their JuniorDev's to get some experience in the wild. It also makes Google omnipresent, which is their goal anyway.

flix, flax, flux, redux, reflux..

I guess it's some kind of CEO bingo: who has success with the most stupid logo/name gets a bonus paymen (BTW that's the reason why they chose the retarded mammal for Golang..).

>So your entire argument is that you're not the only fucking retard too stupid to know what melatonin is or does.
No, my argument is that his reason for using it is absolute nonsense. How is your reading comprehension that bad?
>Alright, that's about enough Sup Forums for the night.
Oh, that explains so much. How about you fuck back off to >>>/tumblr/ and never come back?

Throw enough shit at the wall and some is bound to stick. Only problem with it is that it means you create more products than you can sustain and you wind up fucking over people that get attached to projects that don't quite stick. But w/e

redshift exists, so yes.

it drains my battery faster than my ovulating girlfriend

>be at day
>it's off
>it's okay

>be at day
>it's on
>can't see shit

>be at night
>it's on
>turn it off
>eyes hurt

>be at night
>it's off
>turn it on
>eyes actually speak up and say "thank you"

I think it works.

Have you considered simply lowering your brightness instead of turning off one third of your screen's pixels?
Maybe it only works because you're stupid.

> lowering your brightness
Sometimes it doesn't work, still feel like there's sand in them.

Maybe you need to research what effects blue lights have on people.

Asshole.

He didn't mention blue lights at all, only eye strain.

Asshole.

Wouldn't it be the pituitary gland not the pineal gland?

After 2 days on 0% brightness the screen looks absolutely fine to me, not dim at all, and I can sleep much better now.

Really makes you think.

>can't afford light bulbs
>decalibrate monitor instead
genius

>decalibrate monitor
But the changes aren't permanent. Also, I'm not going to change my bulbs over to warmer whites as it gets darker. Also, the monitor itself is producing light.

Works great for me.

No. Yellow tinted computing glasses is a meme.

>have severe sleep problems
>try this for several years
>realize nothing has changed, life still ruined by sleep issues
>decide to stop using this placebo bullshit
>everything is the same
>still hate life and also hate the creators of this shitty software

Inspiring story

[spoiler]

can I spoiler code?

[/spoiler]

unironically same

however I now have my screen reddished by using its built-in color correction functions, which I didn't use before

Stop sperging out every time someone doesn't suck the dick of your stupid meme app.

I'm pretty sure it is a meme in the sense of "makes it easier to go to sleep despite staring at your monitor till 2 AM"

It's not a meme in the sense of being more pleasant on the eye though. Just turn it off in the middle of the night and you'll realize what I mean

I have computer glasses and swear by them. Does the same thing as F.lux but is more comfortable and less noticeable imho.

Reducing blue light is no meme though.

this

I have been using it for nearly 2 months now, and whenever I play games I use the "Movie mode". If you happen to turn f.lux off after a few hours of looking at the screen, your eyes will literally burn off.

However if you do what says, it's alright.

tl;dr of this thread is, it's nice for your eyes to have it during the night, but it most likely wont help you sleep better, but everybody is different

Yes, anything that is popular is a meme. Such as: computer software, computer hardware, oxygen, food, existence.

such as linux and linux users

I just turned off my redshift for a second and almost got eye cancer. i can absolutely confirm this.

its probably because you turned off the only program that does anything on linux, now what can you do on that useless shit?