What are the new Macbook Pros optimized for?

Obviously not gaymurs. So what are the new macbook pros optimized for? What the fuck do they do better than almost anyone else? Serious question. All "toddler" comments stay out.

Facebook, photobooth, some graphic type work.

You know, normal teenage girl stuff

I hear "graphics type work" a lot. But what does that mean exactly? MS Paint knockoffs?

Nothing anymore.

I can't answer your optimization question, but I use it for Ableton Live, Photoshop, shitposting, doing shit for school, and daily tasks. It handles every single one of these things flawlessly, has yet to freeze or lag or overheat (or even warm up) on me. Could I do all that with some piece of shit that cost $500? Probably, but I enjoy having a nice computer that is hassle free with a great screen, keyboard, trackpad and battery, so to me it was worth the money. And most importantly Windows can go fuck itself.

Shitposting on Sup Forums.

Do you program with it? How do you like them for software development platforms? That's all I'd use it for besides shitposting.

The "graphics type work" is a hold over from when Macs where the computer for visual editing.

It does have much relevance anymore and it mostly repeated needlessly, the surface studio has demonstrated that pretty well.

Liberal arts majors.

I don't program, sorry, so I'm not sure.

Then what are the new macbook pros good for besides shitposting on Sup Forums? I'm honestly curious as I may drop some $$ to buy one. Like I said all I'd use it for is to shitpost and to use as a programming environment. I hate window-shit and all the bloated spy-ware pre-loaded on your device.

If you're going to do that just get an Air or the MacBook.

Are the macbooks good enough for compiling programs on ecplise and shit?

Macs tend to have pretty color accurate screens, so people tend to like them for that reliability, at least as far as graphic design goes, though Apple has been slowly losing those people since they insist on always using glossy screens, which can distort color.

I'd say that the best reason that people use Macs are that they're reliable and are generally of a high quality. Sure you might know that there are Windows PC's of comparable quality, but the average, non savvy consumer might not know that, so Macs are a safe, yet expensive, bet.

At the Apple store you can return any Apple product within 14 days no questions asked, I just did it yesterday when I traded in the non-touchbar version for the touchbar version. If you can spare the money it isn't going to hurt to just buy one for a week and see how it suits your needs.

Yes it's more than powerful enough to compile your Hello World's.

Visual editing & programming

The laptop has:
>16:10 aspect ratio
>Nice retina display - 2560x1600 resolution, very accurate colors, etc.
>UNIX operating system that has great support from developers
The MBP excels in productivity because of those reasons.

normie shit

>using glossy screens, which can distort color.
Wow, you don't know shit. Glossy is best for color.

Cool thanks.

I think about buying a new 15" one. Which specs would you recommend?

2.6 vs 2.7 vs 2.9
450 vs 455 vs 460
256 vs 512gb

I have a student discount so knock $200 off the price.

The adobe suite i guess, and music production (garage band built in woah!!). The people that tend to work in these suites on a daily basis tend to be annoying cunts, though.

As a tech at an msp i hate dealing with mac users, theyre a huge pain in the ass imo. Even the completely techtarted older windows users in an office are easier to work with.

If ive offended anyone, good.

Inb4 edgy

MacBook Core m5.

What a coincidence, I also usually have 2-3 dark rooms in my pocket.

Completely irrelevant. AG coatings look like ballsack. They're a necessary evil for higher end monitors since you can't always sit in a dark room with your workstation, but glossy is still the ideal. Some high end monitors do offer it as an option.

Heres a real reply though. If you intend to write software for ios and osx, youll basically need the mac. For anything else just get a nice windows computer, or at the very least use windows on your mac. The only thing i cant argue against is build quality and overall feel of the macbooks (eg trackpad, screen, keyboard etc) but for actual productivity and getting a variety of shit done, the answer is obv.

>For anything else just get a nice windows computer, or at the very least use windows on your mac
Kill yourself.

Nah yall are right, op should spend 2500$ to shitpost idc.

That's why he should buy a MacBook.

yeah well which should I pick from this list?

They're netbooks for college aged people.

None

I went in an apple store recently and 1) it was insanely busy and 2) no one wanted to sit down and talk to me, probably because they figured I'm young and broke. They shoed me off as quick as they could. One guy did end up answering a lot of my questions but he made no room for small talk. Is this standard? I see a lot of older adults get a lot of time given to them and I get like .02 seconds until they walk off after answering my first question.

I picked up a memebook air recently (first mac product).

I kinda like it, despite the screen being kinda shit.

It actually has decent buttons too unlike the new pros.

What a shitshow.

The new one? Nothing really comes to mind. It's doesn't have the power most professionals need, and it doesn't have the ports to connect to the peripherals professionals need either. But that's more about its pro-ness than anything else. If you look at it as a MacBook+ then it's superior at... Still really not much. It's a run of the mill laptop. It's not particularly good at anything and actually has a number of failings even just as a general laptop. If you're browsing Facebook it'll do fine, but a 2012 MacBook would cost less and do a better job. As far as I can tell there is no reason to buy the new Macbook Pro. OS X is garbage for software development, just because compile times are so insanely long. I think it was Phoronix a while ago that posted benchmarks comparing MacBooks with OS X and Linux in various benchmarks, including disk reading and compile times. OS X got curb stomped. I'm honestly not sure what kind of use case these devices are supposed to be good for.

did you get an 11"or 13?

also do you realize how poor your sound airs have been around forever... please tell me its not a shitty old one.

Updating facebook.