Post your latest tech purchases!

Post your latest tech purchases!
I couldn't wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Hopefully the G403 doesn't drop to like 30 bucks, gonna feel bad I didn't wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/news/29251/western-digital-paints-its-green-hard-drives-blue-in-rebranding
ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-6300-Black-Edition-3-5-GHz-Six-Core-95W-FD6300WMW6KHK-OEM-VER-/222309831470?hash=item33c2b2d32e:g:0eEAAOSwAodWFFXZ
ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-6100-3-3Ghz-8MB-Hex-Core-Socket-AM3-95W-B2-FD6100WMW6KGU-Processor-CPU-/162070491808?hash=item25bc2772a0:g:L5cAAOSwubRXNuy-
amazon.com/AMD-FD6300WMHKBOX-FX-6300-6-Core-Processor/dp/B009O7YORK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479965560&sr=8-1&keywords=fx cpu
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286&cm_re=fx_cpu-_-19-113-286-_-Product
newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007670 4017 50001028 4814 600213781 600030236
ebay.com/itm/311656180507
youtube.com/watch?v=5b18aXsf7l8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227687&ignorebbr=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Clrj_lSDvzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uAIBOXzeEk4
amazon.com/Apple-Macbook-Laptop-OSX10-5-MB403LL/dp/B00159LRXY/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bought the rosewill rk9000v2 with cherry mx black keys a few weeks ago. I enjoy it. Why'd you buy two, though?

Well because I wasn't sure if I wanted Blue Switches or Brown so I am gonna test them both out and return the one I like least.

How's the keyboard going? I would appreciate if you told me a bit more about it.

Buy it again

What?

About half a dozen RX 480s went on sale in the past week, all of them around $350, and I figured this was the last shot at a deal before Xmas.

Just placed these orders. Upgrading all my storage.

The Toshiba down there is a 3TB.

>$350
Is that a good deal?

Not fucking bad man, where did you get this?

All that stuff on on sale at Newegg right now. I think the Sandisk sale ends tomorrow. The Toshiba HD is part of Black Friday.

Do you think I messed up getting the G403 so early? I'm afraid it's gonna go on sale for like 30 something or 40. Then again, I could just repurchase and return the Amazon one.

Got myself some Fidelio X2's. Feels goodman.

They look nice

Idk, I don't see any Black Friday sale for it, but something might pop up by Cyber Monday.

I'm someone else - I've had the one with blue switches since 2010, it's been great. They changed the design a little bit since I bought mine IIRC - removable cable or something.

I've been using it daily since then without any real problems. The bit under the keys is red, which might irk you if you're the type to get custom keys. Not too noticeable though. Oh and there's a tiny bit of rust under the keys on mine too for some reason. Like a 2mm speck right under the spacebar. Guess I spilled some drink down there at some point and didn't realize, but whatever.

(This is me struggling to say anything besides 'it's fine' - I legit don't get why people buy the super expensive das keyboard things)

Other Canadian online retailrers like ncix, amazon.ca and Mike's had the same or similar cards up but with prices much closer to $400. Good deal? Sure. Great deal? Probably not.

Yea same here, I checked Newegg and BestBuy and didn't see anything.

I might get a few extra items so where should I check for the best deals?

Yea that irks me as well, but since you can barely notice it doesn't bother me at all.

How loud would you say they are with the Blue switches? The reason why I got both is because I was worried the Blues would be way too loud. (I also ordered some o-rings for like a buck on Ebay)

I don't get it either, the most I would spend is $100, no more.

The SD card already dropped $5 so I'm fine with waiting for more deals, specially on that HDD

I always do a quick search on Slickdeals.

Man that 3DS for $100 is gonna be a crazy deal, I don't know if I should get one or not.

Thanks! Never been on there, but they show a whole bunch of good deals.

WD blue

jesus fuck no

Am I making a mistake

Hardware is seriously not my gig

Black is generally regarded as better but you probibly wont have an issue with the blue

Well, I know my roommates can hear me typing from my room with the door closed... so there's that. It's definitely loud, but it doesn't bother me. Others in the vicinity? I'd definitely not use one if I shared a room or anything.

Some companies make these little rubber washers that dampen the sound. They're super cheap, and might be worth looking into.

I type a lot and don't game too often (and I suck when I do), so that's why I went for these. To that end, they're wonderful. But the only other switches I've used are the spring ones on a Model M and Cherry MX Greens, so not a lot of reference from me.

If you are American, apparently Target stocked a lot of those. Amazon is kind of a gamble

Don't worry, I have one and it's a great drive.

>can hear me typing from my room with the door closed
Not good, not at all. It doesn't bother me, but I don't want to wake up my family while they are trying to sleep and I am shit posting haha.

>Some companies make these little rubber washers that dampen the sound
Yup they are called o-rings, I bought some just in case I need them. They cost me a dollar, it's gonna ship from China so at the minimum it's gonna take 2-3 weeks.
And I do need to return one keyboard.

>I type a lot and don't game too often
Same fucking situation man.

The Switch is coming out soon so I don't know if my $100 is better spent towards the purchase of one, or getting the 3DS (I'll probably just wait).

Snagged a Latitude 7240 (1080p, 128gb ssd, i7) on ebay for ~$460. Needed a new work laptop and I'm never living with 768p for a laptop again.

I'm heavily debating 1060 vs 480. Fuck

You know the correct choice

How much?

1060= $50 for 10fps

The blue line getting split between old-style Blues and Greens.

techreport.com/news/29251/western-digital-paints-its-green-hard-drives-blue-in-rebranding
>Now, buyers will need to distinguish between "5,400-RPM-class" and "7,200-RPM-class" drives under the Blue umbrella for some capacities. WD's product page suggests that the easiest way to do so is to look for a "Z" at the end of the model number.

I don't see a Z on that model number so you should be okay. I'd be curious to know if the green-turned-blue model still have that short interval head parking bullshit.

The Blue drives are just Blacks with shorter warranties. What's the prob, user?

If you're in Canadia you've got two more days, maybe more, to decide.

I think $280

Best 128gb micro sd card deal?

Caviar blues are good. WD has longevity issues with their other, older and higher capacity hdds.

Are you cool with 64GB?

Sandisk sale at Newegg. The 128gb is $30.

Ah, it was price-matched at Amazon too.

i don't know which cheap AMD FX to pick for black friday

aaaaa

Don't

but i need an AM3+ processor

it's an emergency

What happen user?

i had an embarassing mishap with my old phenom

Oh user what did you do to the poor thing?

FX-8320 owner here. No complaints.

thing was overheating so i tried to reapply thermal paste

i ended up pulling out the processor with the heatsink glued to it while it was still socketed

tried to pry it off and broke the PCB on it instead

Jesus Christ... Haha I have been in a similar situation before though. Well how are prices for FX-6000 series?

lowest i could find on newegg is 119,99 CAD for a 6300

needless to say now i dont trust factory thermal paste, that shit was applied like a square which probably made it much harder to remove since it glued the edges

M8 I think it was because you had it there for years

really? i thought the entire point of the whole pea method was to prevent you from sealing the edges

but yeah it was 6 years old at this point

Yea I don't know much about that but I guess.

>6 years
Without changing paste? Yea of course man, you should change it every few years at least. Shit was probably dry as fuck.

How were your temps?

The point of the pea method is to eliminate air pockets. I'm pretty sure edge sealing isn't a thing. Next time twist the heatsink back and forth a little while pulling.

What's your budget for this?

not a whole lot, i would say about 150

it's why i'm hoping the black friday sales are good, or else i'm fucked

These look good

ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-6300-Black-Edition-3-5-GHz-Six-Core-95W-FD6300WMW6KHK-OEM-VER-/222309831470?hash=item33c2b2d32e:g:0eEAAOSwAodWFFXZ

ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-6100-3-3Ghz-8MB-Hex-Core-Socket-AM3-95W-B2-FD6100WMW6KGU-Processor-CPU-/162070491808?hash=item25bc2772a0:g:L5cAAOSwubRXNuy-

amazon.com/AMD-FD6300WMHKBOX-FX-6300-6-Core-Processor/dp/B009O7YORK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479965560&sr=8-1&keywords=fx cpu

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286&cm_re=fx_cpu-_-19-113-286-_-Product

?

damn, i was so happy about that newegg link then i realized it was the american price

Ahh you're Canadian

What country are you in?

the one the guy in your pic is from

Hamilton. Okay.

I see only two quad cores for less than $150 all-in and neither is on sale, although it sounds like that doesn't matter a whole bunch right now. If you mostly just game I'd say grab the 4350 and run.

forgot link

newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007670 4017 50001028 4814 600213781 600030236

huh, that's odd, the 6300 and 4350 are the same price here

but yeah i just play vidya, and i don't even play vidya that recent either

ebay.com/itm/311656180507

Take a look senpai.

You're from Hamilton? Are there a bunch of burn outs there?

Surprised they're live already. Maybe East coast time, I'm in California.

Just hope they don't sell out by tomorrow.

I have a code to get 20 dollars off, should I snag one? I am the OP of this thread and the OP of a thread a few days ago asking about the Fire tablet.

I can basically get one for $13 dollars I guess.

>the 6300 and 4350 are the same price here

I set the filter on that search for quad core. Check out this rednecktech video comparing the 4350 and the 8350. If going over $150 won't kill you I'd say grab the 8350. You'll be happier in the long run.

>You're from Hamilton?

Nope. Was making a weak funny.

What's the joke about Hamilton?

goddam i suck at links tonight

youtube.com/watch?v=5b18aXsf7l8

I'm from Hamilton, Ontario and yes,there are plenty of bitches of all walks of life; hipsters and dead beats, bitches and hoes, etc.

Is it still dumb buying a prebuilt?
My last pc is from 2012

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227687&ignorebbr=1

Yea seems like that. One popular guy from there is DJ Smokey 666, you have probably heard about him.

alright, thanks to everyone for their recommendations

>Is it still dumb buying a prebuilt?

Not really. Just do your homework first so you don't buy a shitbox.

youtube.com/watch?v=Clrj_lSDvzQ

I haven't used one, but depends on what you use it for. I'll probably have the HD 8 for browsing, videos, PDFs, and testing apps. That is probably more than enough.

Posted this in the other thread on how to get Google Play without rooting

youtube.com/watch?v=uAIBOXzeEk4

Yea I remember you mate. I don't want to spend so much but for $13 dollars new I can't complain at all.
Do you think the screen for the HD7 is way to shit to be usable? I probably won't even use it much, but it should be fun to mess with.

Are these laptops decent? My dad wants a new laptop and only wants apple. I can't convince him otherwise. I'm looking at the comments and people are saying to be wary of the battery.

amazon.com/Apple-Macbook-Laptop-OSX10-5-MB403LL/dp/B00159LRXY/

I'm thinking that it will be a low cost introduction to OSX and he'll want to go back to windows when he finds out a lot of his programs won't work on OSX.

Dude don't let him get this junk.

I had this several years ago, and it was shit then. Terrible screen and build quality, and fairly slow even with 4gb of RAM.

>I'm thinking that it will be a low cost introduction to OSX and he'll want to go back to windows when he finds out a lot of his programs won't work on OSX.
I hate Apple as a company and their overpriced subpar hardware, but OSX is miles ahead of windows for average normie use.

>5tb for $99

damn that's a good deal. too bad i missed it.

>missed it

oh. they're currently sold out so i assumed the deal is over.

Where is this from?

fry's electronics. you need to sign up for their mailing list to get a promo code.

$100 3DS available at bestbuy GOGOGOGO

8320e at microcenter for $80 its what im doin

White is sold out.

Samsung EVO 850 for 80 bucks. Is this this the best pricing I can get on it or should I wait a bit to see if if drops any further.

Most retailers have it so shouldnt be too much of an issue

It was $75 last year. I'd wait a little longer.

2x SNES USB controllers for my raspberry pi

>1 hour ago
>both are sold out
FUCK